Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2005, 13:06   #16
BHPian

photos are great

i guess both you bil and your dad are avid photographers but having competing brands canon and nikon slrs. post some more.
was the sky as blue as it looks in these photos?
Old 17th December 2005, 13:16   #17
BHPian

Amazing pictures of the location. Please do post more details of the place and how to get there :-). Definitely looks like an awesome place to take pictures and also to drive as well.
Old 17th December 2005, 14:10   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
i guess both you bil and your dad are avid photographers but having competing brands canon and nikon slrs. post some more.
The sky was genuinely blue. The pictures do not even have a polarising filter!!
Old 17th December 2005, 15:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Man, Khaadu, you're as tall as Sam?!

Who is tallest, Sam, Khaadu, or Amitoj?

Hey free-flow(ing) hair, how come the trousers et al? I thought you were more of a beach bum/bikini babe, with the holidays in Seychelles etc...

I am 6ft 3.5 inches. I love beaches, but wanted to do something different this time. I dont think I'm a bikini babe... but, any excuse to show my legs i guess.
Old 17th December 2005, 15:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey sam
keep them coming man.just love the scenary its beautiful.

Rev
Old 17th December 2005, 16:30   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

OK more pics on monday
I wonder where's Rudra Sen??
Old 17th December 2005, 18:05   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I wonder where's Rudra Sen??
He's very much here. Trying to figure out from your pics what to do and what not to do.

His Himachal trip starts from January 1st.
Old 17th December 2005, 22:45   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
He's very much here. Trying to figure out from your pics what to do and what not to do.

His Himachal trip starts from January 1st.
Hi Rudra, My advise --- Schedule it for summers . u get much more color in Himachal then !! Right now everything is dry and all foliage has gone into hibernation ... and this time if u come to my area u HAVE to stay with me , no other options ---

Sam, Hey ... i wud luv to see the cat-dog pic that u have !!! I just got back to dli and leaving for Kotgarh on 30th -- this New Year Party is happening there ! Wanna join us ..lol ..... Mail me the pics that u have ...

cheers
Old 18th December 2005, 00:22   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice pics Sam. Awaiting a full report of the trip and the meet. Anyways does ur father / BIL share the same passion as the Wise Old Man.
Old 18th December 2005, 09:33   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hi Rudra, My advise --- Schedule it for summers . u get much more color in Himachal then !! Right now everything is dry and all foliage has gone into hibernation
Summer in Himachal is like any other hill station. Hotels are packed with tourists. They come there only to make the place dirty. Sorry if I知 sounding crude but that痴 the reality. We had a real tough time shooting for Mercedes in Mari area. Our pre decided spot was covered with plastic bags, paper plates and Pepsi bottles. Not to mention those flattened tetra packs.
Khaadu, I知 not expecting colour. Himachal is incredibly beautiful this time. Or so I feel.
I知 driving up and expect to go through some good driving experience.
Oh, I知 shooting black and white also.
Quote:
... and this time if u come to my area u HAVE to stay with me , no other options
I値l be touch with you. Let痴 see how it goes from both sides.

Sam, pictures are nice. But you must be having lot more. Put up thumbnails henceforth.
Old 18th December 2005, 11:11   #26
Team-BHP Support

Hey Sam,

Great stuff man. Awesome that you could meet up with Khaadu, and yes we are waiting for more pics!

Also, the highest TBHP meet was actually when i met GTO on a flight to Bangalore..... just kidding..... but im sure a meet like that between some members will happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
Isn't there a reason (as far as optics and wavelengths go) for the sky looking bluer at higher altitudes?? or am i just imagining this....?

cya
R
Old 18th December 2005, 11:15   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Summer in Himachal is like any other hill station. Hotels are packed with tourists. They come there only to make the place dirty. Sorry if I知 sounding crude but that痴 the reality. We had a real tough time shooting for Mercedes in Mari area. Our pre decided spot was covered with plastic bags, paper plates and Pepsi bottles. Not to mention those flattened tetra packs.
Khaadu, I知 not expecting colour. Himachal is incredibly beautiful this time. Or so I feel.
I知 driving up and expect to go through some good driving experience.
Oh, I知 shooting black and white also.

I値l be touch with you. Let痴 see how it goes from both sides.

Sam, pictures are nice. But you must be having lot more. Put up thumbnails henceforth.
Hey, I do agree about it being packed and dirty but thats if you head to the commercial spots only. Otherwise there are loads of places which are better in scenic beauty but thats if you know what u want ... If u sure you wanna make it now pls do let me know ur itinerary and lets see if we cud also meet up. Also in Jan the only tension is the snow part as now it cud snow anytime and u wudn't want to be in a place where one can get stranded for days . That cud ruin a nice trip.
I do have loads of pics but not taken from a photographers angle ... As for me theres nothing special as I have been seeing it for the past 30 yrs , I'm sure u know what I mean. Its just that beginning Jan my parents come to Delhi to visit relatives and no one is home ....

Keep in tuch and if u do need and help pls do't hesitate to call me !!!!

Cheers
Old 18th December 2005, 11:20   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey Sam,

Great stuff man. Awesome that you could meet up with Khaadu, and yes we are waiting for more pics!

Also, the highest TBHP meet was actually when i met GTO on a flight to Bangalore..... just kidding..... but im sure a meet like that between some members will happen soon.

Isn't there a reason (as far as optics and wavelengths go) for the sky looking bluer at higher altitudes?? or am i just imagining this....?

cya
R
Rehaan, trust me thats the shade of blue you get to see all year round !! I guess its due to the reason that there ain't no pollution and also we are closer to the sky.. !! Ill try and post some pics taken earlier and itll show u the sky in the same shade of blue.

cheers

PS- If anyone is using google earth a friend has tagged some pics with Kotgarh and Haatu peak .. Go see them .. they r really nice !!
Old 18th December 2005, 11:31   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
C'mon Rehaan, don't make things complicated..
Sky looking rich blue because of high altitude and more importantly it's winter. Deeper blue sky will be essentially on the other side of the sun. Early morning sky will be pale blue...because of sun height.

Same rich blue sky will look dark blue if shot in fully snow covered are. Exposure will be brightest area centered..white in the case of snow. Hence the blue will look darker...

Ooops,why did I open my mouth???!! Nobody has asked for it!!
Old 19th December 2005, 13:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

how about a highest t-bhp meet in karnataka......why not go to some ghat road with lots of turns turns and turns ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks