Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 16:12   #3061
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Met a Pune Bhpian on my way to Kaas. I am sorry for not being able to recall his handle but he has a Black Baleno VXi with Tbhp stickers. It was nice meeting a Bhpian in Pune. Also learnt that many meets take place in Hinjewadi region. Would like to know if anyone here is from Kalyani Nagar/Viman Nagar?
You met me , hope you had a good time.
Old 4th October 2012, 16:28   #3062
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
You met me , hope you had a good time.
I did remember that your handle has something to do with a storm or something.

Yeah, had a good time. It was really nice meeting you. Had a good ride. Nice roads and picturesque backdrop. The only bad bits were the traffic jams and rain. Gets tough riding with rains hitting you like gunshots.
Old 10th October 2012, 11:13   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
I am near Kalyani Nagar/Viman Nagar, I stay at Kharadi and another member F150 also stays in Kharadi.
Even I stay at Kharadi. I have seen two other cars with TBHP stickers in my society - Black Linea and White Figo. Posted about them in the spotting thread but got no response.

By any chance, do u own any of those and stay at Acolade?

Regards,
Aniket

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 10th October 2012 at 11:14. Reason: Typo correction
Old 10th October 2012, 14:57   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Even I stay at Kharadi. I have seen two other cars with TBHP stickers in my society - Black Linea and White Figo. Posted about them in the spotting thread but got no response.

By any chance, do u own any of those and stay at Acolade?

Regards,
Aniket
No I do not own any of them and I stay in Gulmohar Privilege.
Old 1st November 2012, 18:12   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Alright. At the peak of festive season I am already bored of eating all the sweets and talking to people about their kids/ jobs/ home loans/ other things I am not really interested in.

Its been almost 6 months since we last met. So its time for a meet to eat meat! vegetarians are allowed as well.
When: I dont know, but soon!
Where: Chandni Chowk? I have heard good things about Kaveri (the eating place, not the river or any lady). Feel free to suggest other places with decent parking availability

Please post your expressions of interest or otherwise and I will plan further accordingly. I dont want to end up sPMing dozens of people who wont turn up.

Edit: if meat freaks you out during this season, then will it be breakfast again?

Last edited by selfdrive : 1st November 2012 at 18:14.
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:27   #3066
BHPian

I think dinner in the festive time will be asking for trouble from the home security office
Please plan for a BF meet.
How about Vaishali? Havent been there for ages..
Or Motocafe in Bavdhan?
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:36   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
How about Vaishali?
Or Motocafe in Bavdhan?
I am for breakfast meet.
Never suggest Vaishali to 'selfdrive'.
Motocafe is doable but would it be open on early sunday morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Alright. At the peak of festive season I am already bored of eating all the sweets.
How about breakfast misalpav meet at your chosen joint on coming sunday?
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:41   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Where: Chandni Chowk? I have heard good things about Kaveri (the eating place, not the river or any lady). Feel free to suggest other places with decent parking availability
Selfdrive, there's a place called Garden Court on the NDA Road at Chandni Chowk. Pretty substantial parking area, and very spacious inside too. Food is agreeable.

I'm game for whatever meal/time of day.
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:54   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Please plan for a BF meet. How about Vaishali? Havent been there for ages.. Or Motocafe in Bavdhan?
I thought as much, thats why I edited my previous post!
1self is at humanly acceptable volume during breakfast meets anyway and I would like to see him park in the morning sun. So breakfast it is then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I am for breakfast meet. Never suggest Vaishali to 'selfdrive'.
sukiwa, I am a reformed person (sudhar gaya!). I will bring my Bento box (not to be confused with Vento) and wait outside if you guys choose this place.
If we inform him in advance with guarantees of numbers, Motocafe may consider I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Selfdrive, there's a place called Garden Court on the NDA Road at Chandni Chowk. Pretty substantial parking area, and very spacious inside too. Food is agreeable. I'm game for whatever meal/time of day.
yes, we (the above 2 quoted gents and I) live about 2 kms from here so know most of the places. In fact we had a meet here last year. Somebody please propose a date and lets take this forward. I think this Sunday will be too early. Most of us are online during weekdays!
Old 2nd November 2012, 15:43   #3070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think this Sunday will be too early. Most of us are online during weekdays!
If meet doesn't happen this sunday, then chances of meet happening on next sunday would be even less. Most of folks would be even more busy next weekend for Diwali preparations/celebrations.
Old 2nd November 2012, 15:58   #3071
BHPian

For Meat, I would suggest Baghbaan at east street. But parking would be a problem i suppose.

Else, drive + dinner = Big wheels cafe
Old 6th November 2012, 12:56   #3072
BHPian

^Baghbaan is good as is George on the same road. Quality Restaurent isn't too bad either.

^^^ calling GardenCourt food as agreeable is a stretch IMO and their service is often horrible. That is one of tonnes of places in Pune which used to be good but aren't anymore and still run successfully.

Is there any misal meet on the horizon?
Old 9th November 2012, 16:42   #3073
BHPian

Misal joints on Sunday morning are overcrowded! We will have to wait in a queue. If they are not crowded then sirely some problem with their Misal.

May be some Irani cafe with parking around is better idea. Else some place like Peter's Pan or By the way on FC road. But no idea what time they open. For Egg types Yolkshire at Karishma Society, Kothrud is also an option. If nothing else Goodluck is always there. (I don't need to park here)

Motocafe..I do not know this place.

But Sun, 11th Nov or 18th Nov are good options.

I have briefly attended only one meet and missed three other so looking forward to this meet!

Last edited by CANPUSH : 9th November 2012 at 16:51. Reason: Wanted to add something
Old 10th December 2012, 13:47   #3074
Senior - BHPian

Hello Punekars!

The last full fledged meet we had was in May! We are almost halfway through December! This, by far has been the longest gap between meets, at least since Ive become a BHPian.

So, how about calling a meet? Some Friday/Saturday evening, where all of us can meet over a nice dinner.
Old 11th December 2012, 10:52   #3075
BHPian

I haven't been to a meet for over a year I think..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks