Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 13:01   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Xylo - 54000 Kms - Engine Issues!!!

Keep us updated. Would love to know how things go now.
Old 19th May 2011, 14:18   #32
BHPian

My car is now back with Mahindra to fix all the pending issues -

The Issues -
1) Painting work (Paint job on Back left door very bad. Color of the paint is darker on all newly painted areas
(Back door, back bumper, Back left door, Back right side - plate around the third window))
2) Windshield Replacement (Crack on top left side)
3) Clutch Adjustment (Play is still not right)
4) Headlight adjustment. Ensure height adjustment of the headlight from inside the car also works fine.
5) Inner Rear view Mirror is now little loose.... When i travel in the afternoon, it vibrates too much and makes noise
6) Horn press on steering wheel is very hard
7) There is a hum from the engine when we accelerate more which was never there in all the Xylo's i have driven. Check if normal.
8) Fuel Reimbursement (Car was given with more than 3/4th tank of fuel. It came back with 1/4 tank of fuel)
9) Cab Bills reimbursement (Bills for Rs 8000/- has been submitted)

I have given the car to Mahindra on Tuesday afternoon. Still not received the car back
Old 19th May 2011, 15:59   #33
BHPian

Did you take the car for a long run to check if you are facing the previous injection problem again after riding for 200 kms continuously. Trust and wish everything is fine in this part after all these hassles so far

Last edited by BulZire : 19th May 2011 at 16:01.
Old 19th May 2011, 16:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Did you take the car for a long run to check if you are facing the previous injection problem again after riding for 200 kms continuously. Trust and wish everything is fine in this part after all these hassles so far
Thanks BUL, for the wishes.... Still not taken my car for a long run ever since i got it... Running in the new engine in Bangalore doesnt seem like a very good option at all. But engine is definitely lot lot quieter than my previous engine.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:25   #35
BHPian

Cinnypt,
Which dealer is currently taking care of your ride? SKS or Sireesh; Hosur Rd?? And for the extended testing did they take the Xylo back to Nasik?
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Cinnypt,
Which dealer is currently taking care of your ride? SKS or Sireesh; Hosur Rd?? And for the extended testing did they take the Xylo back to Nasik?
My car was being handled at SKS Bannerghettha road. All extended testing was done here itself. They could reproduce the issue only while driving from Bangalore to Ooty. Hence each test drive added huge number of kms to the car. Hence the total kms driven by Mahindra for testing was around 5500 kms.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:00   #37
BHPian

Got the car back from the dealer. This time also they took a lot of time. Gave the car on Tuesday and they said i would get the car in 2 days time. Was hoping to get the car on Thursday. On Thurday they said they will give the car Friday morning 10:30 am with all the above points handled. Got a call from Mahindra at around 11 am saying they will give it to me at 1:00 PM without fail. Called them up by 2:00 PM and they refused to pick up the phone itself. Finally i got the car around 3:00PM. Had some urgent work to be handled and they had caused a lot of delay for me. I had even told them that i had some urgent matters to attend to and this is how they reacted.

The car came back with the windshield replaced. Paint job done. Little better than before but still a bad job. Headlights was adjusted. And can you believe this, my windshield wipers was reversed. The left was fixed to the right and the right to the left. I cant believe that they made such a basic mistake. No other work was done. Really unhappy with the terrible workmanship from SKS.
Old 7th June 2011, 19:26   #38
BHPian

Finally did a test drive of my car. Drove from bangalore to Coonoor. Car behaved well. Mileage i am getting now is 10 kmpl. For the first time in 6 months i am not having car trouble on the long ride.
Old 19th June 2011, 14:02   #39

I have bought my XYLO E-8(Without ABS) on Nov 2009. I too faced some issues and the resolution what i have taken are
mentioned below.

1. Immedeatly after the delivery i had issues with fuel pumping. When i throttle immdeatly the vehicle stops. gives me feeling of missing fuel. That was due to air blocks in the Fuel Tank. I got it cleared did a road test for more 200 kms in various speeds.

2. Sounds from front wheel while applying breaks - I asked Mahindra to change the break pads. while fixing it I personaly supervised standing under the ramps to align it properly. The sound almost gone.

3. Gear Stiffness from shifting from 1 -2 : I have reported this issue to Mahindra but they told me that is there in all the vehicles.. but they told me to change the gear box for 1 & 2. I have not interested to change the gear box but instead i found a way to avoid the stiffness. While shifting from 1 to 2 i release my clutch for a momebt (1 sec or 2) then transitioned to 2 gear. This is working fine for me.

4. Sounds comeing from fan: After 15000kms I experienced the sounds coming from the motor. This is cause of the belt issues. Mahindra has rectified and have new belt for this. I have changed this under warrranty this is working for me.

5. EGR sounds its there in Xylo. THis i have reported to Mahindra Engineers. After my first paid service.. 25000kms I am not getting that sound

I have gone long trips and that too in hilly areas. I have not find any issues till now. Power is fine and mileage is 11 -12kms. The Plastics used is horrible, which iam aware about this before i made decision to buy Xylo.
Sijuchanath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnypt View Post
Finally did a test drive of my car. Drove from bangalore to Coonoor. Car behaved well. Mileage i am getting now is 10 kmpl. For the first time in 6 months i am not having car trouble on the long ride.
@Cinnypt: if you could share me all details for the suspension problem. cant PM you because of your status. I have a similar issue - yet not rectified.
thanks,
Pranav
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
@Cinnypt: if you could share me all details for the suspension problem. cant PM you because of your status. I have a similar issue - yet not rectified.
thanks,
Pranav
@pcpranav: Hello Pranav, the issue with my suspension was that there used to be a howling sound coming when i used to take a turn at a specific gradient and only when i used to take right turns. Whenever the car was checked at the showroom they said it didnt have any issues. What are the symptoms of your suspension issue? More details on what was fixed in my car is present in the start of this post itself. Do let me know if you need any more info

Cinny
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:11   #42
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
@pcpranav: Hello Pranav, the issue with my suspension was that there used to be a howling sound coming when i used to take a turn at a specific gradient and only when i used to take right turns. Whenever the car was checked at the showroom they said it didnt have any issues.

Cinny
Since you mention gradient, its important to know that in many instances there is a resonance on account of the road construction in hilly roads \ roads with gradients. The first time I experienced this was in a sumo when travelling from Pune to Satara. I thought the noise from a bearing or wheel alignment problem but the driver confirmed that the noise (which is hard to describe but perhaps 'howling' is a good way to define it !) always occurred specific portions of the stretch. I noticed that it was either at a gradient or slope of some sort. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing ... and perhaps not. To add - there is nothing wrong with the vehicle itself, just that the resonance is causing some component in the vehicle to vibrate in its natural frequency.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Since you mention gradient, its important to know that in many instances there is a resonance on account of the road construction in hilly roads \ roads with gradients. The first time I experienced this was in a sumo when travelling from Pune to Satara. I thought the noise from a bearing or wheel alignment problem but the driver confirmed that the noise (which is hard to describe but perhaps 'howling' is a good way to define it !) always occurred specific portions of the stretch. I noticed that it was either at a gradient or slope of some sort. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing ... and perhaps not. To add - there is nothing wrong with the vehicle itself, just that the resonance is causing some component in the vehicle to vibrate in its natural frequency.
Zed, as you say the sound is very hard to describe. But after giving the car to the showroom about 10 times for the same issue i had given it to a local mechanic i know very well in Mysore and upon removing the wheel and checking the suspension and tie rods for about 10 mins i was told that the issue is because of wear of the suspension. And the car was too new to have suspension wearing. My mechanic mentioned to tell the showroom guys to have a look at the Tie rods and lower arm and some bushes in the suspension. Even upon giving the showroom this info they said that it was checked and that all was well. After the 14th time i gave it, i reported the issue to customercare@mahindra.com and the customer care for Bangalore got in touch with me and so on the 15th time they tell me that the issue has been fixed. And when i see the bill, i notice that all the components that i have asked them to replace has been replaced and i didnt have the sound again. Wonder if the same has something to do with my weight, since i am a very heavy built person and mostly drive the car alone.
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
@pcpranav: Hello Pranav, the issue with my suspension was that there used to be a howling sound coming when i used to take a turn at a specific gradient and only when i used to take right turns. Whenever the car was checked at the showroom they said it didnt have any issues. What are the symptoms of your suspension issue? More details on what was fixed in my car is present in the start of this post itself. Do let me know if you need any more info

Cinny
Hi Cinny,
thanks for your reply. In my Xylo, when aged ~ 4months at ~ 12.5K KM, I noticed that suspension used to give kinda chu-chi noise even at the sight articulation - be it at patchy / tar roads, even on bumps. On the steering also I feel the jerks. the shock/jerk absorbtion was kinda going low. Upon report, they 'torqued' the vehicle, checked all bushing, tighten the bolts, WD40 spray, and solved for few days. Again issue arises. Current the vehicle age is 14 months, ~29K KMs, have been visiting workshop every month, even in direct touch with Regional Service Manager, with cc: CC@M&M. Whatever they do at this visit, vehicle feels ok only for few days. I dont believe any bush/link can wear so fast. Till now, they have changed two times the tie rods at both sides (if this is the part which has opposite directional threads on both ends, about 4 inch), silent bushing, Right Sturt bar, balance rod bush. Nothing to effect.

Im yet to schedule another visit at workshop, again taking along M&M Srv.Mgr. On the expense side, most was done in warranty, just in my last visit they charged me ~800 for those tie rods(/link), saying its more than 25K KMs; and changed one UJ Bearing at propler shaft center piece for Rs.1500 saying there is big play! On other side, at every visit, the whole day is wasted; visit back to workshop is 40Kms (Fuel!).

regards,
Pranav
Old 29th August 2011, 14:04   #45
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
And when i see the bill, i notice that all the components that i have asked them to replace has been replaced and i didnt have the sound again. Wonder if the same has something to do with my weight, since i am a very heavy built person and mostly drive the car alone.
I hope you have checked for the noise over the gradients that you noticed them originally. If the replacement of parts has solved the problem - good for you ! I do not think that your weight and the fact that you drive solo would affect the suspension - however, I leave it to the experts to comment.

Happy motoring !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks