Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 09:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Multiple isues with Figo TDCi

@gemithomas, at first even I thought it must be water vapors from the hot parts due to constant rain. But when that smoke came inside the cabin I could smell some burning as well. Next day I again drove the car and it behaved normal, so still clueless why it happened.
Old 4th September 2011, 11:40   #17
BHPian

For my Fiesta Diesel - The windshield washer provided by A** are crap. I got that in 20K service. That worsen the problem rather than cleaning. Best solution is use shampoo and water mix. It perfectly cleans the glass surface. Once in while do use paper to clean the windshield.

Clutch - surely need to be checked. Mine is still soft and no issues.

OT - was surprised to see this Thread on Figo from "ObsessedByFiat" until I read that you have another Palio.
Old 4th September 2011, 11:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
OT - was surprised to see this Thread on Figo from "ObsessedByFiat" until I read that you have another Palio.
Its long story ... I wanted to buy a Punto after I sold off my very reliable Palio and till this day I have regrets on selling off the Palio. :(

I had almost purchased the Punto E+ when the Sales rep runnied everything and had to settle down with Figo.

Now after a year, with the Figo, I seriously wished I had a the Punto in place of Figo standing in my garage.

Anyways, I might end up giving the Figo to my wife and will look for something else for myself.
Old 4th September 2011, 20:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey mate,

Sad to know that you are facing so many troubles with your Figo. I have driven a friend's Figo on a trip that we undertook to his home-town & I can tell that it is one very stable car. This however, does not deny the possibility that your car could have some defect/problem. I suggest you get the suspension checked, since the body roll has not been seen by anybody I have known as one of the characteristics of this car.

For ABS, on the same trip, we tested the system by slamming the brakes at some speed above 100kmph, & the car did not skid. So, I would say that you need to get the car checked & if the service center is not able to resolve it for you, then you may have to take it up with the company itself.

Do keep us posted how the service center & Ford are treating these issues & what possible resolutions have been suggested.

Drive safe.
Old 5th September 2011, 10:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,

I am seeing a peculiar issue in my new ford figo tdci. I can feel the clutch pedal pulsating when fully depressed. The pedal is not shaking but i can feel a steady pulse like vibration when fully depressed.

The pulse synchronizes with the engine rotations.

what can be the issue? my car has run only 400kms.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Hi All,

Posting here not with a hope to get solutions to everything, but to vent out the issues I have been facing with my Figo Titanium TDCi with 16.5K on odo.

Issue 1: -
Rattling noise from almost every side of the car. The dashboard, the doors, and the rear. Everything vibrates even on plain streches of road.

Issue 2:
On 29th August, while returning back from office at around 7:30 PM it was raining here and there was a lot of traffic. My car gives out smoke from the engine bay. Had to stop for almost an hour before I could reach back home.
Lack of temperature gauge is to be blamed!

Issue 3:
Bluetooth has its own will and wish, sometimes connects sometimes not!!

Issue 4:
There is sufficient amount of body roll noticed on turns and on uneven surfaces at low speed. Air is checked and kept at recommended levels depending on the load in car.

Issue 5:
Mud flap!!! Already broke one!! Why is made out of such hard plastic??

Issue 6:
Whatever I do, however nicely I clean, the windscreen always has some amount of oil substance which hinders my view in rains. Every day in the I have to clean it with shampoo/glass cleaner and by the time I return back from office the windscreen is back to how it was!

Issue 7:
The clutch is so hard that i feel like pushing a huge heavy rock. One of my relatives has the same model and it has a super light clutch (in terms of a diesel car)

Issue 8:
Apply brakes and a whistling noise come out! Got the brake pads checked, both of them are fine.
Issue 1:
I have noticed a small rattling noise from the left side of the dash. Other than that there is one from the underbody. This is a problem common with all Figos and the old fiesta. This is nothing serious. There is a handbrake line going through a metal tunnel. When dirt gets into this tunnel especially during the rainy season, a rattling sound starts. Directing a strong water jet to the rear of the underbody should solve this problem. The service center guys will go one step ahead and apply grease over there. This is the only fix!

Issue 2:
Encountered this after I washed my car. Its probably the water that got into the engine bay turning to steam...nothing to worry!

Issue 3:
Bluetooth works like a dream for me and 3 of my friends who have a Figo. I suggest you go through the audio manual once again and see if u missed out something.

Issue 4:
I feel body roll is not the word to describe it. The Figo's suspension is not very softly sprung in order to acheive the best compromise b/w ride quality and handling. Coz of this when u take a turn at modest speeds and hit an uneven patch, the jerk is felt very well inside the cabin. It happens to all cars that have a good handling characteristics. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Issue 5:
+1. Broke my mud flap too. Cant help u there mate!

Issue 6:
Ford winshield fluid...or whatever is that the service guys filled, clears the winshield very well. You can encounter this problem if u have water serviced your car recently. After washing, they apply wax. This can combine with dust and create a messy affair when u turn on ur wipers. Use soap soln once.

Issue 7:
Clutch is super light for me too when I compare it with say; the i20 crdi.
Bleed it!

Issue 8:
Hmm strange!...no whistling noise for me. Is it ABS? Really not an expert to comment.

Hope my replies give you some relief.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot everyone for your replies!

I am much surprised that its just me who is facing all the issues (Lets leave aside the windscreen thing aside for now. I already have windscreen washer fluid in and it does not help much)

My car never met with any accidents.
I did have a Fiat Palio (though Petrol) before I bought Figo.

Well, to elaborate more on Body Roll, I think most of us might have travelled in Scorpio some time or the other. Have you felt the boat like feeling when brakes are applied? OR felt that the vehicle is leaning towards one side while turning? That is the same feeling I get. When I checked with the service advisor, he anticipated it to the independent suspension. Though not hundred percent wrong, but atleast not what I feel while driving.

Yes, and I forgot to add to the list earlier: -

Issue 9:-
When exactly do we expect the ABS to kick in? I was driving at a constant speed of around 80 KMPH, road was fairly open with no one visible behind me, I spot a pot hole which I was sure gonna hit. I apply brakes and keep my foot strong on the break pedal, the car skids!! Since this is the first time I am using a car with ABS, not sure if it should have come into the picture at that time.

Once I thought of writing to Ford about all these issues, even drafted the mail. Somehow I didn't feel like sending it out. The drafted mail still sits on my drive. Will get the third servicing done and if issues are not sorted out, will surely shoot that mail out. (Not expecting all of them to go away, but atleast the clutch, brake noise and the rattling)

No way mate! Apart from the jerkiness issues from the harder than normal suspension...no boat like feeling at all. I get total control. I have even taken corners at speeds where my tyres stepped out. No boat like feeling encountered.

ABS works very well. I am sure of this because I tested this. On a rainy day braked hard from 60 on a muddy patch on the road. The ABS though a bit noisy when it operates, worked very well at stopped the car dead without any noticeable skid.
Old 5th September 2011, 18:14   #23
BHPian

Thanks blackfire_9/itsgeox!

After reading all the replries, I have a feeling that I got a bad piece. :( wont say a lemon though.

Another sad thing happened with me on saturday evening around 4:45 PM when I was driving back home on Mumbai-Banglore highway at a speed of around 55-60 KMPH. I was seeing a reckless Fabia driver in the rear view mirror and before I could notice he overtook me and went cross. Such was the speed that a small rock, which flew because of his rear tyre, hit my cars windscreen on the driver side and now I have a crack on the windscreen! :(

Were the earlier issues somewhat less, that this also happened to me ...
Old 5th September 2011, 21:27   #24
BHPian

Gaddi me Limboo Mirchi lagalo bhai

That's very unfortunate. Looks like Figo will have to be taken to the service station. Along with the replacement of cracked windshield, get other issues resolved. Claim the insurance, probably 50% is what you will get.

Do a good TD along with SA, after issues are sorted out.
Old 5th September 2011, 22:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help with some issues on my Figo TDCi

@obsessedbyfiat: One word, unfortunate. You will be able to get the entire cost of the glass but not of the pasting from the insurance company. My friend has also had a windshield change, costed him around 7.5K out of which he had to shell around 2.2K.
Old 6th September 2011, 09:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Gaddi me Limboo Mirchi lagalo bhai
Do a good TD along with SA, after issues are sorted out.
Hahaha!!! That is the only thing left to be done from my side!!!

Yes, the TD is surely on the agenda before and after the servicing.

One good thing in all these issues though is the DTE which shows a full 850 KM range after a tank up!! I am so happy and pleased to see that figure after a long time!

Infact, I had been to Indore in the month of march this year and was quite amazed to see the DTE show 899 to a tank full of diesel (around 35 or 37 ltrs)! And indeed the car returned me a good average!
Old 6th September 2011, 09:57   #27
BHPian

Atleast u r lucky that way. The max DTE i have come accross is 750. Anyone with that kind of figure? Because all others have gotten a better figure. My cars run 8k. I'm a bit of a spirited driver. Maybe thats the reason. :-(
Old 7th September 2011, 09:49   #28
BHPian

@itsgeox :- Have you been on any long drive? If not, go out for one, a minimum of 500KM one side. That is what did the trick for me!

Just like you, even I had never seen DTE anything more than 780 on my car. After I took it out for a 1500 KM + drive (to an fro) is when the DTE shot up to 850 +

Also, I have noticed that if one does not hurry to up shift gears, the car is happy. Dont know how to put it exactly, but I never rush through gears. Give it sufficient time to catch speed and RPM and only then up shift.

HTH!

Cheers!
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Issue 1: -Rattling noise from almost every side of the car. The dashboard, the doors, and the rear. Everything vibrates even on plain streches of road.
Have to track individual panels which rattle and pad it where it rattles. Use tiny bits of 3M double sided tape.

Quote:
Issue 2:
On 29th August, while returning back from office at around 7:30 PM it was raining here and there was a lot of traffic. My car gives out smoke from the engine bay. Had to stop for almost an hour before I could reach back home.
Lack of temperature gauge is to be blamed!
Must be steam from the radiator fins - the radiator & evaporator are placed so far upfront because of the 4m length limitation that rain water will hit it directly. Dont bump anything with the front or the back. Protection from the bumper is non existent - damage will be severe and costly.

Quote:
Issue 6:
Whatever I do, however nicely I clean, the windscreen always has some amount of oil substance which hinders my view in rains. Every day in the I have to clean it with shampoo/glass cleaner and by the time I return back from office the windscreen is back to how it was!
The problem is diesel particulate sticking on the glass (and all over the car). Use a clay bar and detail solution to clean your windshield (any car for that matter). The difference is amazing.

Quote:
Issue 8:
Apply brakes and a whistling noise come out! Got the brake pads checked, both of them are fine.
Use a pressure washer to clean the brake pads & calipers. When sand and clay get trapped or embedded in the pads, the noise is irritating.
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:36   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Just like you, even I had never seen DTE anything more than 780 on my car. After I took it out for a 1500 KM + drive (to an fro) is when the DTE shot up to 850 +
I used to get 1000 DTE on my Fiesta but never more than 750 on the Figo - same engine, same settings and lighter. Cant understand it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks