Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 22:37   #61
BHPian

Re: Need help with some issues on my Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Finally the mystery of the misbehaving usb is figured out!

Btw, have you confirmed that only FAT32 works? NTFS doesn't work for sure?

Also regarding mudflaps, I would suggest third party ones to the OEMs. You can pick up a set for as low as 250 bucks. But you might have to drill into the bumpers to fix them.
Nopes .. not tried with NTFS, but yes, tried with FAT .. does not work for me ..

For mud flaps I did see a few aftermarket ones .. but drilling a hole is something I do not wish for .. (however hard i hate the car, it is still my baby and would not like to hurt it .. ).

completely off topic, but just thought of sharing it. The other day I saw a base version of Vista at accessory shop getting loaded with HU and speakers .. man trust me, the guy hammered the hole in the inside of the door to make the speaker fit in .. and I was
Old 28th July 2012, 01:00   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Issue 7:
The clutch is so hard that i feel like pushing a huge heavy rock. One of my relatives has the same model and it has a super light clutch (in terms of a diesel car)
Hi, Can you tell me whether you were able to resolve the Hard Clutch issue. I am also facing the same issue in my Figo TDCi. I had asked the A.S.S. to look into it, but they told me it is normal. When i still insisted as to whether there are any adjustments to make it softer, the reply i got was that nothing can be done as the clutch is hydraulic.

In bumper to bumper to traffic the hard clutch really ends up bothering my knee. I used to drive a swift before. Never faced a problem with it's clutch.

Got my bro to drive my car (he drives an SX4) and he also confirmed that the clutch is way too hard.
Old 6th August 2012, 12:59   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaknav View Post
Hi, Can you tell me whether you were able to resolve the Hard Clutch issue. I am also facing the same issue in my Figo TDCi. I had asked the A.S.S. to look into it, but they told me it is normal. When i still insisted as to whether there are any adjustments to make it softer, the reply i got was that nothing can be done as the clutch is hydraulic.

In bumper to bumper to traffic the hard clutch really ends up bothering my knee. I used to drive a swift before. Never faced a problem with it's clutch.

Got my bro to drive my car (he drives an SX4) and he also confirmed that the clutch is way too hard.
Buddy, sorry for the late reply.

The bad news is, I have not been able to find any solution to the hard clutch issue. Even my left knee hurts bad after driving in B2B tracffic.

Just counting the days when I will be selling this car off. Hoping it to happen pretty soon.

However, I must admit one thing, even with all the issues (some important ones and others just irritations) I fall in love with this car whenever on the highway. It surely has stood by me.

Though I still dream of Punto and Duster and Scorpio and Bolero and (the list goes on and on ... !) I still would feel heavy hearted while handing my Figo to its next owner!

Cheers!
Old 9th August 2012, 12:58   #64
BHPian

Another issue has cropped up.

At idling I noticed the car is giving out bluish colored smoke and on hard accelaration the color changes to black.

Any ideas what could be the issue? Anything to do with bad fuel quality or choked up injectors?
Old 9th August 2012, 18:50   #65
BHPian

Apologies for bumping up the thread ... But I found somthing interesting and easy to understand about the color of exhaust smoke. So sharing it with everyone here:

Exhaust Color Diagnosis | White Smoke Blue Black

Nice digramatic explanation.

Will try cleaning the air filter the first thing and lets see if it has any impact.
Old 9th August 2012, 23:00   #66
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy Figo body parts (fender, roof, etc.) other than from the A.S.S? There was some damage to the car in an accident and thought of doing the body work at MyTVS. Since there was no mechanical work and MyTVS seem to be doing a good job with the body shop, thought of avoiding A.S.S. Any lead will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 18th April 2013, 09:22   #67

My figo tdci (2010) is due for its service now (~18000 on the odo). Plan to take up some problems with the A.S.S. Total mileage (Total Kms/Total Fuel) so far has been 14.70 Kmpl. Last 3 instances have been well below average considering it has all been city driving.

1. Very hard clutch. I didn't think much of this until I drove a friend's petrol and compared it with another 1 year younger tdci. Both have relatively smooth clutches, the petrol being much better obviously. Does it have anything to do with the clutch play? Mine's been full in (i.e. the gears engage as soon as the clutch is depressed from the full-pressed position).
2. Mileage is constantly low in spite of a full tank having never crossed 60. I do not lug the engine at all, and drive with a light foot - for this tank I deliberately drove lightly and made sure all tyre pressures were 30 psi everyday.
3. A/C cooling has gone down - this is most certainly due to the fact that I removed my sun films - wondering to what effect this will bring the mileage down.
4. My car has run for 6 months/3000 kms on a Full synthetic oil. I don't presume it requires a change now, should let them know.
5. How important is tyre rotation? The guys at the A.S.S don't think so, they claimed to have done it, but I had couple of tyres marked after a puncture, and they haven't done it contrary to their claim - find this quite shoddy.
Old 18th April 2013, 12:29   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkash View Post
My figo tdci (2010) is due for its service now (~18000 on the odo). Plan to take up some problems with the A.S.S. Total mileage (Total Kms/Total Fuel) so far has been 14.70 Kmpl. Last 3 instances have been well below average considering it has all been city driving.

1. Very hard clutch. I didn't think much of this until I drove a friend's petrol and compared it with another 1 year younger tdci. Both have relatively smooth clutches, the petrol being much better obviously. Does it have anything to do with the clutch play? Mine's been full in (i.e. the gears engage as soon as the clutch is depressed from the full-pressed position).
2. Mileage is constantly low in spite of a full tank having never crossed 60. I do not lug the engine at all, and drive with a light foot - for this tank I deliberately drove lightly and made sure all tyre pressures were 30 psi everyday.
3. A/C cooling has gone down - this is most certainly due to the fact that I removed my sun films - wondering to what effect this will bring the mileage down.
4. My car has run for 6 months/3000 kms on a Full synthetic oil. I don't presume it requires a change now, should let them know.
5. How important is tyre rotation? The guys at the A.S.S don't think so, they claimed to have done it, but I had couple of tyres marked after a puncture, and they haven't done it contrary to their claim - find this quite shoddy.
Regarding poor mileage, have you changed the air filter recently? If not, then its time for a change. Clogged air filters can very well affect FE & performance.

As you have also mentioned a hard clutch, please check your clutch for any slippage. There are various posts & articles on the forum to check one for. However, its unlikely for clutch plates to give up so soon normally, but in case its ridden upon, then surely it can give up.

About the engine oil, synthetics will last longer, so you don't need to change the oil now. It is advised to stick to manufacturer's recommendation regarding drain intervals, but with synthetics, you can churn out a little more. Just a tip for everyone, stick to normal mineral/ OEM engine oil for the first 4-5K kms until the engine has been completely run-in.

Regarding your AC, it could well be what you have been thinking- No sunfilms!

Tyre rotation should be done so that you don't end up with uneven tyre wear. Its better to be done at 5-6K kms interval. The front tyres bear more weight due to the weight of the engine & general weight distribution of the car, so they wear quicker than the rear ones. So, for an even tyre wear, tyre rotation should be followed. Personally, I prefer to swap just the rear & front ones with the same rotation orientation, i.e..left rear with left front & vice versa, though most consumer grade tyres have conventional treads which mean they can be run in either direction. IMO, when a tyre has made its grooves rotation in a particular direction, I prefer not to disturb the pattern. However, people may have different views on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkash View Post
2. Mileage is constantly low in spite of a full tank having never crossed 60.
I couldn't get this, if probably you meant that you never crossed 60KMPH on the speedo...then just to point that rather than speed indicated on the speedo, engine RPM is more important to judge FE. You can do 60 in second gear too & fifth too...just that the car will guzzle fuel at an alarming rate in the former situation!

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 18th April 2013 at 12:43.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 06:31   #69
BHPian

Re: Multiple isues with Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Hey,

It is not really an issue. after driving my brother's ikon tdci, i came to know it is just the vibration of the diesel engine. i must have got used to the vibration less clutch of my alto lxi.

My figo has touched 2000 kms today

However my 2003 scorpio never had such clutch vibrations. Thats why i suspected my figo during its first few days.

So just chill and enjoy your ride.
I got a new 2013 Figo Diesel - You are sure the clutch pulsing is normal? I think the DMF or flywheel is not right?
Old 11th October 2013, 20:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

+1

Even I don't think the clutch pulsation is normal. I think if any one is facing this issue, they should get it checked.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
I got a new 2013 Figo Diesel - You are sure the clutch pulsing is normal? I think the DMF or flywheel is not right?
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 11:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
hi guys,

I am seeing a peculiar issue in my new ford figo tdci. I can feel the clutch pedal pulsating when fully depressed. The pedal is not shaking but i can feel a steady pulse like vibration when fully depressed.

The pulse synchronizes with the engine rotations.

what can be the issue? my car has run only 400kms.

I had this as well but nowadays it is really really faint. Otherwise all good touchwood!

Last edited by Catalyst_delhi : 27th October 2013 at 11:31. Reason: Forgot I asked before - sorry
Old 15th November 2013, 18:30   #72

This is my first post, though i am an avid reader of material in the site and enjoyed every moment of it.

Great going guys. keep it up.

I won a Figo EXI and have not experienced any of the issues ( I have a different gripe which I will highlight later, if the same is not resolved by Ford by then ) you had mentioned. The engine, clutch and the brakes are fine. There is not a single rattle and the only noise is the squeaking ones you get when the chassis is twisted due to one of the wheels entering a deep crater - usually from the gasket/beading in the hatch and rear doors.

Bluetooth connectivity is fine most of the times and rarely connectivity is not established when the ignition is switched on.

As regards the wiper, streaking caused by blunt edge in the blade ( due to operating blades when the screen had a fine dry dust or slushy surface the vehicle in front threw up ) can cause the sort of dry films on the screen.
Old 15th November 2013, 22:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

You guys complaining of a hard clutch, have any of you got it bled for starters ?

The mild pulsation on the clutch pedal is normal. Don't worry about it.
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks