Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help with some issues on my Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by basky View Post
I used to get 1000 DTE on my Fiesta but never more than 750 on the Figo - same engine, same settings and lighter. Cant understand it.
Same tank capacity too?
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:23   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
One good thing in all these issues though is the DTE which shows a full 850 KM range after a tank up!! I am so happy and pleased to see that figure after a long time!

Infact, I had been to Indore in the month of march this year and was quite amazed to see the DTE show 899 to a tank full of diesel (around 35 or 37 ltrs)! And indeed the car returned me a good average!
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgeox View Post
Atleast u r lucky that way. The max DTE i have come accross is 750.
Since we are on the topic, my Figo TDCi (now 1000 kms run) has given a mileage of exactly 12.1 kmpl on first tankful. Now the second tankful is about to be over and the car has run only ~480 kms! I am alarmed, but am waiting for first service to come to a conclusion.

Can someone tell me if this is an okay mileage for a Figo diesel before first service, or is something seriously wrong. If so what do I do?
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basky View Post
I used to get 1000 DTE on my Fiesta but never more than 750 on the Figo - same engine, same settings and lighter. Cant understand it.
Fiesta and Figo have the same capacity fuel tank as well? I think for Figo it is around 42 or 45 ltrs.

Well, if Fiesta with the same tank can offer a 1000km range, I am sure my Figo someday will give me that range as well.
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:55   #34
BHPian

Re: Multiple isues with Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
hi guys,

I am seeing a peculiar issue in my new ford figo tdci. I can feel the clutch pedal pulsating when fully depressed. The pedal is not shaking but i can feel a steady pulse like vibration when fully depressed.

The pulse synchronizes with the engine rotations.

what can be the issue? my car has run only 400kms.
Sorry for going OT,
Even I have this issue. It cropped up at around 350 kms. badboyscad, were you able to resolve it? or is it normal
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Since we are on the topic, my Figo TDCi (now 1000 kms run) has given a mileage of exactly 12.1 kmpl on first tankful. Now the second tankful is about to be over and the car has run only ~480 kms! I am alarmed, but am waiting for first service to come to a conclusion.

Can someone tell me if this is an okay mileage for a Figo diesel before first service, or is something seriously wrong. If so what do I do?
I have driven around 450 kms in my first tankful. The DTE shows around 250 kms.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: Multiple isues with Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Sorry for going OT,
Even I have this issue. It cropped up at around 350 kms. badboyscad, were you able to resolve it? or is it normal

Hey,

It is not really an issue. after driving my brother's ikon tdci, i came to know it is just the vibration of the diesel engine. i must have got used to the vibration less clutch of my alto lxi.

My figo has touched 2000 kms today

However my 2003 scorpio never had such clutch vibrations. Thats why i suspected my figo during its first few days.

So just chill and enjoy your ride.
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 08:10   #37
BHPian

^^ Thanks, I was worried since it cropped up after a couple of hundred kms.
Old 4th October 2011, 18:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Dont worry EagleEye. Low mileage in the initial couple of 1000kms is common. I faced this for sometime. Drive sedately for the first 1.5k kms. Then you should be ok. I am approaching 9k kms now. I get around 14-15km/l regularly in city with 100% AC and anywhere b/w 17-19kmpl on long drives.
itsgeox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 20:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgeox View Post
Dont worry EagleEye. Low mileage in the initial couple of 1000kms is common. I faced this for sometime. Drive sedately for the first 1.5k kms. Then you should be ok. I am approaching 9k kms now. I get around 14-15km/l regularly in city with 100% AC and anywhere b/w 17-19kmpl on long drives.
Thanks for your reassuring reply itsgeox...
I'm at 1100 kms and driving very sedately keeping revs below 2k rpm as mentioned in the manual. Do let me know if there's anything else I should do for running in the Figo properly.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reassuring reply itsgeox...
I'm at 1100 kms and driving very sedately keeping revs below 2k rpm as mentioned in the manual. Do let me know if there's anything else I should do for running in the Figo properly.
Nope. Nothing else...keep the revs b/w 1500 and 2000 and you should do just fine. Show no mercy to that fine steering though...enjoy it fully
Old 5th October 2011, 07:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Same tank capacity too?
Looks like it - 45L, according to specs. I think they use the same tank (not in the new Fiesta) in the old Fiesta & Figo to save cost. The fuel filled was (sold my Fiesta) similar but DTE and mileage different.

Last edited by basky : 5th October 2011 at 07:40.
Old 6th October 2011, 20:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Just to share something, while browsing some pages on the internet today, I found a link to a Zigwheels comparison page of Ford Figo with Nissan Micra dCi & Indica eV2 wherein it was reported that the tested in-city mileage for Figo was around 13kmpl while about 17kmpl on the highway.

I am a little surprised, but is this what most people are achieving with their Figos?
Old 7th October 2011, 10:02   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Just to share something, while browsing some pages on the internet today, I found a link to a Zigwheels comparison page of Ford Figo with Nissan Micra dCi & Indica eV2 wherein it was reported that the tested in-city mileage for Figo was around 13kmpl while about 17kmpl on the highway.

I am a little surprised, but is this what most people are achieving with their Figos?
The last time I did tank to tank (yesterday) I got a mileage of 19.8kmpl.
All of the driving in city which is not so congested but narrow roads force you to drive in 2-3-4 constantly.
However I must say that this is with a Race chip added to my Figo.
Old 9th October 2011, 20:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
The last time I did tank to tank (yesterday) I got a mileage of 19.8kmpl.
All of the driving in city which is not so congested but narrow roads force you to drive in 2-3-4 constantly.
However I must say that this is with a Race chip added to my Figo.
Over 19 kmpl in city driving conditions sounds great.

However it seems that most of the people are getting an average mileage of around 15+ in the city and around 18/19 on the highways.
Old 9th October 2011, 21:53   #45
BHPian

Did you do a thorough PDI before you picked up the car? Our figo has done 30,000 km and I haven't faced any of the issues you have mentioned except the poor quality mud flaps.

Issue 2: Most probably it wasn't smoke but steam/ vapours, I have faced this issue in almost all of the cars I have owned one time or another, I don't think it is a cause of concern.

My advice would be to get in touch with someone who also has a figo and then compare your car with his. You can drive his Figo and he can drive yours and then you can figure out if the issues you have mentioned are really a cause for concern.

Our Figo usually gives 18+ in the city (AC on all the time) but then it is used in Jaipur/Jodhpur where the traffic is not so bad as compared to some other cities. On a particular highway drive (Jodhpur-Jaipur-Jodhpur) where i decided to stick to the speed limit (90 kmph) and avoid hard acceleration in lower gears, (2 people on board, 100% AC usage) I got 25 kmpl. This was using the auto stop to auto stop filling method at the same petrol pump where we filled up from.

Last edited by Astleviz : 9th October 2011 at 21:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks