Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 16:51   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Hello,
can you please PM me the URL for the FB page
Sharing it with others as well in case they want to join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xuv5OOowners/

This is the doc thats been created for owners details.

Doc... | Doc

Last edited by Ketan : 12th June 2012 at 16:53.
Ketan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 19:16   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey
Just happened to read about some new niggles.
2.Wipers are bad quality and if it rains and you use them, they cause scratches on the windscreen. It may not happen in the first 2 minutes of usage. It can be so bad that you may want to change your windscreen
this can happen to any car with bad alignment of the wipers. My wipers are doing exceptional job when it rained heavily on my trip to mahabaleshwar.
Old 12th June 2012, 19:22   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
this can happen to any car with bad alignment of the wipers. My wipers are doing exceptional job when it rained heavily on my trip to mahabaleshwar.
Good to know, its not another common issue but just a misaligned wipers! I shall keep an eye for this, monsoon is approaching Bangalore.
Old 12th June 2012, 21:57   #424
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Rohit, I believe the concern is "why are the wipers misaligned on a brand new vehicle?"
Old 12th June 2012, 22:14   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP

Rohit, I believe the concern is "why are the wipers misaligned on a brand new vehicle?"
Yes I agree with the concern. what I was trying to say is that that's not the case with me or few other owners that I know personally. So it could be one off case and an issue that could have been resolved by getting it adjusted at fng. Also it's not a fault in design otherwise each of us must have encountered it.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 13:54   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

One more case of Clutch failure reported by an office colleague of mine. He had taken it to CP in Delhi yesterday and parked the car; when he came back the clutch was completely depressed and just would not rise back up. Case of clutch unit failure and car became completely immobile and had to be towed on a flatbed truck to the workshop.
His was a W8 variant with around 3500 km on the Odo.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 16:02   #427
BHPian

I have observed this on the 3.0 sw version. The car milage never goes below 9 KMpl and never above 18 KMpl. Has anyone else observed this ?
moleculez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 17:10   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth
One more case of Clutch failure reported by an office colleague of mine. He had taken it to CP in Delhi yesterday and parked the car; when he came back the clutch was completely depressed and just would not rise back up. Case of clutch unit failure and car became completely immobile and had to be towed on a flatbed truck to the workshop.

Regards,
Behemoth
Yea my honeymoon period is over too. Standing on the middle of a road waiting for recovery vehicle right now because of clutch failure. I am also coming back from Connaught place :-)
Old 13th June 2012, 17:59   #429
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yea my honeymoon period is over too. Standing on the middle of a road waiting for recovery vehicle right now because of clutch failure. I am also coming back from Connaught place :-)
2 cases of clutch failures reported in the same day
Not good. With my XUV's delivery just around the corner, instances of clutch-failures are extremely unnerving.

Rohit, while getting the repairs/replacement done, please get the details about the causes for the clutch-failure in your vehicle. Hope these are one-off cases and not design flaws.

Last edited by SDP : 13th June 2012 at 18:00.
Old 13th June 2012, 18:35   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Quote:
I am not sure why it happens but M&M vehicles seem to be prone to clutch failures, the same issue is with Scorpio also.
Old 13th June 2012, 19:11   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

Regards,
Behemoth
Quote:
This is scary! Anything to do with CP! what a coincidence!
Guys, please share the cause of the issue, hopefully others can look at such issues proactively and avoid.

For me, the clutch, gear and break works just fine so far, however, I feel the clutch has got some free play before I feel the actual pressure on depressing the clutch.
Old 13th June 2012, 19:38   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan

This is scary! Anything to do with CP! what a coincidence!
Guys, please share the cause of the issue, hopefully others can look at such issues proactively and avoid.

For me, the clutch, gear and break works just fine so far, however, I feel the clutch has got some free play before I feel the actual pressure on depressing the clutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP

Rohit, while getting the repairs/replacement done, please get the details about the causes for the clutch-failure in your vehicle. Hope these are one-off cases and not design flaws.
It's a known problem however not that common. It's the problem with slave cylinder of the clutch. Don't know much details as of now will visit them tomorrow and will get more info. I heard a month back that they have some new design of it will confirm and let you guys know.

Last edited by rohitbagai : 13th June 2012 at 19:39.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 20:29   #433
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Rohit,

Read another one of your posts 2 days back in another XUV thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2805352

So just confirming if there is any change in your feeling for the XUV after the clutch fiasco...
No offence meant by the way.

FundaG
Old 13th June 2012, 21:09   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie

Hi Rohit,

Read another one of your posts 2 days back in another XUV thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2805352

So just confirming if there is any change in your feeling for the XUV after the clutch fiasco...
No offence meant by the way.

FundaG
I was told by my RM that they have a new cylinder from mahindra and he asked me if I would like to get it replaced. I usually avoid getting critical things touched by them. So I delayed.
I agree things like this should not happen in a new vehicle. But if it does they should have given an official recall and inform each owner to get it replaced ASAP. No matter if the symptoms are visible or not.

Here it goes......

Name:  ForumRunner_20120613_211313.png
Views: 1795
Size:  482.5 KB

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th June 2012 at 14:33. Reason: Please read rule 5b. Next time infraction. Thanks!
rohitbagai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 09:18   #435
BHPian

My puddle lamp from the rear passenger door came off and was dangling with me not even able to close the opened door. Had to remove the retaining clip to be able to close the door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks