Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 15:55   #16
BHPian

Re: My "not so great" experience with the Mahindra XUV5OO W8. Too many niggles!!

This is BAD. Not something which is expected out of a 14 lac SUV. You cannot sell something which looks GOOD and nothing else.

By the way have you gone through other ownership threads on the forum or any other XUV owners in your city. Get in touch with them and see if they have the same issues as of yours. It would make a more meaningful Tweet then.

I wish you all the best for your car!
Old 26th December 2011, 19:23   #17
BHPian

Re: My "not so great" experience with the Mahindra XUV5OO W8. Too many niggles!!

Disappointed but not surprised. I had zeroed in on a XUV 500 but am having second thoughts now. Any news out on an SUV launch from Maruti ?
Old 26th December 2011, 21:16   #18
BHPian

oh my! how would they handle the customers when the current booking lot gets converted to vehicles on road. Seems M&M has more than it can chew.

I am not particularly happy with Innova image but there was a problem with my Innova, some noise from suspensions, I showed it to these guys at the nearest showroom, they could not fix it at that time, still i would rate them excellent.
why? overall treatment, the care with which they listened, acknowledgement of problem and their best efforts. a week later they got it fixed. Long way to go Mahindra.
kaks15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 21:27   #19
BHPian

There goes our car of the year! This will reinforce the belief among many people that that it is better to wait for a year after launch before buying a new car. I give similar advice to people who wish to watch the latest Bollywood 'blockbusters' (wait for week and hear the responses).
Old 26th December 2011, 21:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

As much as the resolving of basic issues suck big time, i feel there was intent in keeping the customer satisfied by providing a stand by car of good breed. Hope your problems are resolved soon and there is a happy ending to this thread.
Old 26th December 2011, 22:08   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - M&M have some people called "COTEC". These people are the actual guys who would finally try and solve vehicle field issues if any. There are many other people also who take care of related customer disturbances, so there is a process. I wonder why it did not work in Hell Yeah's case.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 22:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

That is why choosing it so soon as 'The Car of the Year' by many of our esteemed members on our dear forum will lead to many members entrapped with a sub-standard vehicle. Some even tried convincing/muzzling my voice, when I raised the same issues on the said Car of the Year topic. And this is not the 1st member on the forum having problems with the XUV. Though there are a couple who do swear that everything's running fine with their XUV but a majority are quoting plethora of issues right from minor ones like squeaks and electronics failure to some major ones like fuel leakage. Cause of serious thought is some crucial electronics like e.g. airbags which may or may not deploy on impact, which can lead to life threatening worries with the vehicle in the present owners minds.

And all these issues must surely be in the knowledge of Mahindra Top Management but I have not seen one advertisement in the newspapers from them calling for any recalls to rectify these vehicles (like Toyota did recently with the fuel pipe issue on the Etios/Liva). This further discredits their intentions.

To repeat, Outer Bling CANNOT compensate for lack of engineering finesse and choosing it so soon as "The Car of the Year" by an esteemed forum as ours can only send out a wrong message...

My sincere concerns with the OP and my best wishes that his problems are rectified soon.

Last edited by dkaile : 26th December 2011 at 22:25.
dkaile is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 23:35   #23
BHPian

This thread is sure to be destined as a XUV bashing thread. As for my personal experience goes and as I have already quoted that the service experience is at best average. I knew it before booking XUV that it was going to be a rough ride and was prepared to go slow on getting car tweaked and niggles resolved (if any) by the dealership. Its a new product and the guys at service centers have never touched such a complicated car ever in their lifetime. So why should I let them do R&D on my car? There are no such niggles in my car but if they surface I will only get it rectified once I am sure they have a proper hands on experience, it could be 6 months but I have such a patience. The car rattles a bit more than what it should but I read somewhere that its normal so I did not get it checked at my first service. I just asked them at my first service to do only the needful and nothing else. The USB not working should be a problem that needs an in-depth investigation by Nippon. But they should not let you suffer at any cost and should have replaced the unit without wasting time. Are you still managing with their W6 ? Does it also have those rattles etc ?

EDIT:- No doubt the car should have been niggle free in the first place

Last edited by rohitbagai : 26th December 2011 at 23:40.
rohitbagai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 23:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

There are three things I take away from this thread:
a. There is far too much XUV bashing than there should have been - though yes i agree the car should have been niggle free from day one!
b. The fact remains that you can buy any freaking XX lakh SUV/car but if you leave the car in the service center, you will only get an unwashed car and unfinished business (yes, this applies to Maruti as well - can't saw about the luxobarges).
c. Lastly, grease monkeys are the same everywhere - what i'm curious is how companies like Tata/Mahindra (atleast in this case) completely lose the plot at service and send back a customer with more problems while Toyota (mostly) don't fall into the same trap. Why? Are their processes better? What's the differentiator?

@dkaile saab: Airbags are component assemblies - most are designed to a far higher standard than we think. Do you know of any Mahindra vehicle esp XUV with airbag failure? If not, let's not allege things without data. Bringing in Liva/Etios is inconsequential - the dust is not fully settled on this one, so talking of recalls makes no sense whatsoever. For whatever its worth, Toyota has had its share of negative threads here too!

@GTO: LOL. Good catch!
phamilyman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 00:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - M&M have some people called "COTEC". These people are the actual guys who would finally try and solve vehicle field issues if any. There are many other people also who take care of related customer disturbances, so there is a process. I wonder why it did not work in Hell Yeah's case.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
some people - Why not all the M & M people are trained like COTEC's ?

finally try - so how many trial and errors needed to go to that level of escalation .What happens to customer till then.Hes the one who has to suffer.

Sorry , but things needs to be proactive than reactive.

PS: what is COTEC ?

Last edited by black12rr : 27th December 2011 at 00:08.
Old 27th December 2011, 07:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

@hell yeah: Sorry to hear of your niggle prone XUV 500. Dictum: don't jump to buy a new car, especially from the Indian car makers for they use the Indian population as their R&D dept to bring their next slightly 'niggle' free 'improved' next edition. Indian cars: the more the features the more will be the niggles; especially the electronics are going to be a problem. Probably, M&M stopped bookings of the XUV 500 expecting this.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 10:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
some people - Why not all the M & M people are trained like COTEC's ?
To answer your rhetorical question with another - why is the whole of Indian police force not like the NSG? Every company or organization has elite personnel or elite teams that solve their biggest problems. Must we snark M&M even for this, bro?

I'm just hoping the OP's problems get solved. It must be terribly traumatizing and shameful for him that his expensive SUV is spending more time in the garage than the road, with no clear end of the road unfortunately in sight.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 10:47   #28
BHPian

This is precisely the reason why I did not vote for the XUV 500 in our 'Car of the Year' thread.
Even though the product is great, it was and perhaps still is to early to gauge its overall strengths and weaknesses. It could have been Car of the Year 2012 perhaps as it will only be launched at that time across the country.

@ Hell Yeah: Sorry for your troubles. I hope they are sorted out real soon and when they launch it pan India they sort out as many of the niggles as they possibly can. To be honest, if you cant get good service in Bombay I shudder to think about the troubled XUV's in Punjab!

I don't think you intended to be a beta tester for Mahindra, but a major reason for launching it in Metro's first is perhaps the better service network that bigger cities have although in your case it does not seem to work .

Please update this thread with the developments as I have recommended this car to a couple of friends to buy early next year.

Thanks and apologies for going a little OT.
Old 27th December 2011, 11:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Airbags are component assemblies - most are designed to a far higher standard than we think. Do you know of any Mahindra vehicle esp XUV with airbag failure? If not, let's not allege things without data.
Airbag deployment is a crucial and paramount safety feature and with failure/malfunctioning of so many electricals in the vehicle it is bound to create doubt in the minds of the owner whether these too will deploy at the needed moment or not, and that is what I have tried to highlight.

I too wish that Mahindra can create a world class vehicle but lets not count our chickens before they hatch. They have a long way to go before they give a international quality vehicle and to give reasonings like "this was expected", "its a new vehicle, so keep expectations real" etc., just doesn't cut bread for me. After all its his hard earned 14L Rs. and he has full right to demand a 100% niggle free vehicle for that cash and to reason to the contrary is totally unjustifiable by a section of our esteemed forum members.

Last edited by dkaile : 27th December 2011 at 11:09.
Old 27th December 2011, 11:14   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Why? Are their processes better? What's the differentiator?
I can see two reasons:

- The cars are built better to start with, and hence they have to deal with a lot lesser problems.

- Volumes. I will be very interested to see how Toyota performs if the Etios brings in mass volumes.

That said, this thread was precisely the reason why I did not vote for XUV in the COTY thread.

I hope the OPs problems get solved quickly, and he enjoys a niggle free ownership experience henceforth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks