Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:28   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Has anyone fit a tow hook/ pintle hook on Thar (not 2020)?
Which one is direct fit without needing to drill new holes?
Replying after a year as i just saw this post, although kosfactor had already referred my post. Please do not fit the pintle hook directly. Thar and NGCS 550 do not have a rear K member hence this plate was designed by BD sir and team. I have seen an example of sheared rear bumper on a bolero (NGCS) because plate wasnt used whereas i used the same plate in my bolero 4wd and used pintle hook multiple times to even pull loaded Jeep trolley and nothing happened.
You can contact Grizzly motors for your modifications: 98230 88088
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:45   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Replying after a year as i just saw this post, although kosfactor had already referred my post. Please do not fit the pintle hook directly. Thar and NGCS 550 do not have a rear K member hence this plate was designed by BD sir and team. I have seen an example of sheared rear bumper on a bolero (NGCS) because plate wasnt used whereas i used the same plate in my bolero 4wd and used pintle hook multiple times to even pull loaded Jeep trolley and nothing happened.
You can contact Grizzly motors for your modifications: 98230 88088
Yup, I went thru the rabbit hole of Mahindra chassis peculiarities. The pintle hook is just sitting there as a massive paperweight now, may be I should put it in classifieds. Thanks for the contact, I have another item for my Jeep that I need fitted with minimal modification. Will get in touch with them!
Old 12th July 2022, 22:39   #528
BHPian

New thar. 2 days since delivery. And now showing CEL and the flashing overheating symbol straightaway after starting car after many hours. Cant wait to take it to them tomorrow - but does it portend something major ?
Old 1st September 2022, 11:14   #529

[quote=Thar90;5214199]I have a bothering engine stall issue on my 2013 Thar CRDE which has done around 1lakh km on odo. I have shelled around 25-30k to Mahindra service center hoping to find the issue but they just don't get what the problem is and I end up replacing some relays or other parts.
So posting here for some suggestions from experts on what to look for. It would greatly help if someone can suggest good Thar mechanics around Puttur, Mangalore, Coorg area(or Mysore, Bangalore).

Problems:
Issue1: Stall on Startup:
After starting the engine it just dies automatically in 2-3 seconds then won't start again for 3-4minutes. After starting If I accelerate all the way upto 3000/4000rpm and keep doing that for 2-3mins, issue doesn't occur and engine stays-on on idle. This has happened 2-3 times now in last 2-3 months even though vehicle is serviced (Last annual service was a month ago. My yearly run is around 10,000km). During last service they found checkEngine light was not working due to wiring issues so they corrected the wiring and found a DCT on Clutch Pedal Relay which they replaced.
After googling a bit, I suggested to check fuel line and fuel pump but they were very confident its not the fuel system. They say there would be DCTs if its fuel pump related and also that stall will be more frequent especially in uphill.
They wrote it off saying its the wiring which caused this and after correcting it there are no more DCTs(- or so I thought until I got one checkEngine light today. Will be going to the same serviceCenter(unfortunately) to get it checked as I couldn't find any private mechanics who check sensor based jeeps)

Having the same issue with my 2nd hand Thar - Randomly the car refuses to start despite repeated selfs/long selfs. Even changed the battery but the problem persists. Sometimes I have to open the hood and press the pump for air-lock and it seems to start again.

Curiously I have never had this problem during cold start in the mornings or even a break of 2-3 days.
Old 1st September 2022, 13:40   #530
BHPian

I have similar issues with my 2012 Thar. But the problem is identified. Moisture formation in the ignition assembly. Occurs during winter - the vehicle randomly stalls, sometimes when you rev hard.
Solution was to keep cleaning the switch once or twice a year. Mechanic asked me not to put any heavy key chain. Final solution is to replace the ignition - costing around ₹7-7.5k I think. But cleaning it up seems to be working. So since last 3 years I’m managing this way.
The sign in my jeep is that the odo numbers don’t light up and engine warning symbol is ON.

Yours seems to be a different problem.
kryogesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 17:49   #531

Hey all,

I have a Thar CRde 2017,
The 4wd light on my MID keeps on turning on and off, I've checked by jacking up the vehicle and the wheels stay unlocked. Is it the Sensor that has gone faulty or something else?
My vehicle has done 32000 km's and I'm looking at preventive maintenance aside from the regular service at Mahindra service Centres. Please guide me on that front as well.
ishan0278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 16:56   #532
BHPian

Thar facelifted cRDe 2015 vintage. Facing issue of hot air coming from the blower. This particularly happens if I say use the heating function for a few minutes, then it will keep on blowing hot air for a long time (with fan switch on). Turning on the AC won't help. Is it a radiator issue?
Old 1st March 2024, 09:18   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Thar facelifted cRDe 2015 vintage. Facing issue of hot air coming from the blower. This particularly happens if I say use the heating function for a few minutes, then it will keep on blowing hot air for a long time (with fan switch on). Turning on the AC won't help. Is it a radiator issue?
Normally hot air is derived from the radiator. There should be a flap/switch that mechanically adjusts the hot water and it works in conjuncture with the AC thermostat. I suspect that the flap/switch is stuck at times so hot water is not cut off. Just get the heater circuit checked and/or overhauled.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 11:08   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Had the same issue on my 2014. I simply plugged the heater core inlet pipe in the engine compartment and issue is sorted. The flap switch of the heater water is a fault and dashboard needs to be opened for access so I dropped the plan. Anyway, there is no use of a Heater in Ahmedabad.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 11:29   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I suspect that the flap/switch is stuck at times so hot water is not cut off. Just get the heater circuit checked and/or overhauled.
Thanks for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Had the same issue on my 2014. I simply plugged the heater core inlet pipe in the engine compartment and issue is sorted. The flap switch of the heater water is a fault and dashboard needs to be opened for access so I dropped the plan. Anyway, there is no use of a Heater in Ahmedabad.
Thanks, I have sent it to the authorized service center. However, I live in the foothills and can get darn cold here - and whenever I take it up to Darjeeling as well, so I need the heater pretty badly. As it is, the heater takes time to kick in, as it waits for the engine to bring in heat. And what I have noticed is that once is it hot, and I turn it off - it will continue to be hot. This would happen just for a few minutes earlier before switching to cold, but now it it locked in "heat" mode. I hope it will be resolved by today. Also getting the radiator flushed and coolant replaced.
Old 4th March 2024, 12:03   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this.

Thanks, I have sent it to the authorized service center. However, I live in the foothills and can get darn cold here - and whenever I take it up to Darjeeling as well, so I need the heater pretty badly. As it is, the heater takes time to kick in, as it waits for the engine to bring in heat. And what I have noticed is that once is it hot, and I turn it off - it will continue to be hot. This would happen just for a few minutes earlier before switching to cold, but now it it locked in "heat" mode. I hope it will be resolved by today. Also getting the radiator flushed and coolant replaced.
Drive the vehicle on bad roads, as the vehicle is jumping up and down use your fist like a Hammer and give the dashboard a whack and press the button at the same time. Your issue should be resolved now - unless something really needs replacement.

This is the same fix for stuck Power windows of many cars

Use the heater button more often to prevent this in the future, same for Power windows.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 19:17   #537

Got my Thar delivered 30 days ago and now i noticed this. Totally disappointed and am worried about the solution they are gona offer. Visiting the dealership tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-photooutput.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks