Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2016, 21:46   #61

Re: STANADYNE Diesel Fuel Additives

Dear All

I accidentally happened to lay my hands on a fuel additive called " F 2 - 21 " manufactured by H2O Corporation from USA. It is bottled and marketed by Meridian Speciality Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., based out of Naraina Vihar at New Delhi.

I drive a FIAT Grande Punto 90 HP Emotion Pack bought in December 2011 and have already clocked 98,680 kms on this vehicle. Believe me, this additive works wonders.Its like driving a brand new car.I have again fallen in love with my vehicle.
Old 15th April 2016, 15:21   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulinshah View Post
Dear All

I accidentally happened to lay my hands on a fuel additive called " F 2 - 21 " manufactured by H2O Corporation from USA. It is bottled and marketed by Meridian Speciality Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., based out of Naraina Vihar at New Delhi.

I drive a FIAT Grande Punto 90 HP Emotion Pack bought in December 2011 and have already clocked 98,680 kms on this vehicle. Believe me, this additive works wonders.Its like driving a brand new car.I have again fallen in love with my vehicle.
Can you tell me where did you buy it from?
Old 20th December 2018, 22:43   #63
BHPian

Called up Stanadyne India to enquire about performance formula stocks. As per them, the fuel additives are manufactured in USA and they used to market them in India and now they've stopped importing them owing to poor sales in India.
Old 28th August 2019, 10:14   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Called up Stanadyne India to enquire about performance formula stocks. As per them, the fuel additives are manufactured in USA and they used to market them in India and now they've stopped importing them owing to poor sales in India.
You could buy it off of Amazon.in. There's couple of sellers there. However, the price fluctuates with Re/$ rate. I got 6 pints for about Rs10k in July 2019.

BTW, Stanadyne really makes the engine run smoother, quieter and also improves throttle response. Plus you get a bit of cetane boost as well, which is a bonus.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 10:48   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
You could buy it off of Amazon.in. There's couple of sellers there. However, the price fluctuates with Re/$ rate. I got 6 pints for about Rs10k in July 2019.

BTW, Stanadyne really makes the engine run smoother, quieter and also improves throttle response. Plus you get a bit of cetane boost as well, which is a bonus.
I would caution against recommending fuel additives to anyone, there is a good chance that it will do nothing and a fair chance of it doing something wrong. Depending on the car model, the injection systems can vary and may not tolerate diesel additives.

If there is a problem with the injectors, an overhaul or replacement is the way to go.
Old 28th August 2019, 11:15   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I would caution against recommending fuel additives to anyone, there is a good chance that it will do nothing and a fair chance of it doing something wrong. Depending on the car model, the injection systems can vary and may not tolerate diesel additives.

If there is a problem with the injectors, an overhaul or replacement is the way to go.
Thanks for the note of caution. I've only just started using Stanadyne, after much research. You seem to have a diagonally opposite view about additives. Could you please throw some more color on how additives, specifically Stanadyne could damage the fuel systems, injectors or the engine?
Old 29th August 2019, 20:43   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Thanks for the note of caution. I've only just started using Stanadyne, after much research. You seem to have a diagonally opposite view about additives. Could you please throw some more color on how additives, specifically Stanadyne could damage the fuel systems, injectors or the engine?
I inquired with service technicians \ managers (One of them is a friend of mine, he now works for an American brand now) of two different Indian brands and one Japanese brand about it, they all gave me the same answer. Injection system of modern diesels can get damaged, they also told me not to use any special fuels , just normal diesel from a good bunk.

Its pretty clear from their words that these vehicles are designed to run on whatever that is available from the fuel stations. I have nothing against whatever brand that you are using, but a word of caution as what I have learned from people who takes care of my vehicles like their own (in a good way).

Most Viewed