Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2006, 00:47   #16
BHPian

yes zappo you are right the temperature and pressure also have a lot to play it surely must have been something due to that do not get so worked up for no reason if you think the pp was a fraud go again next time get out of your car and look at him pump the fule that will give u peace of mind!
also did u pump the fuel ard the afternoon time or so??
Old 16th April 2006, 03:55   #17
BHPian

hey well filled up around 7 30pm.. usually fill around that time only
Old 17th April 2006, 21:25   #18
BHPian

NHC's fual tank is located beneath the driver's seat. The tank capacity is 42 ltrs. The pipe connected from tank to fuel lid can take 5 ltrs easily.
Old 18th April 2006, 00:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

V.TEC - the pump that you are talking about was earlier an Shell outlet and it was also the first to have one of those In & Out shops I think sometime around '95-96. The name of the pump is actually Prem Automobiles and I can vouch for it being a very reliable pump. I have bought petrol atleast hundreds if not thousands of times from there and not even once it has been less than what I paid for. Also this place only has the latest multi nozzle machines which according to another friend of mine who owns a petrol pump in Peeragarhi is absolutely tamper-proof and there are no chances of theft in that. So the difference might be in something else.

Also just for everyone's information if you ever are genuinely troubled by a Petrol Pump or its attendants due to fuel or any other issue and they argue with you don't waste your time just ask them for the Complaint Book (keeping which at every pump is a mandatory requirement) and see the pump people crap their pants!! And this comes directly from the friend who owns the petrol pump the reason being that routine inspection of this book is performed by the Petro company officials and any complaints in that book are pursued by them personally so if they get in touch with you and the complaint is genuine then the pump is in big ****.

Also if you are worried about theft don't be these days with competition and consumer awareness Oil companies have become so strict that they perform multiple checks on tankers transporting fuel and also apply multiple seals on them when they leave the storage depot to ensure no tampering/adulteration is done. And apart from this regular suprise checks are regularly performed on pumps to check for tampering of machinery or adulteration of fuel. But these things are more prevalent in Metros and less so in smaller cities. This is also part of the reason you see improved service by attendants at all pumps. This is also regularly surprise checked.
Old 18th April 2006, 00:52   #20
BHPian

That Pump is a scam place...I have seen an auntie jee fighting with the attendant once of pumping more than her car's capacity..She had actually asked to take all that fuel out...! Dunno what happened next....My friend like You Vtec loves that pump for his guzzling cielo...I tried it once for the lancer and was doubtful of quality as well as quantity he pumped...!
If I'm not wrong its the one just ahead of the Andrews Ganj KV and LSR..!
In that area the best pump, I have been using when I was put up in Nehru Enclave and Kalkaji was Sethi- The one in front of park royale...! I still prefer that whenever I need fuel and I'm nearby, which I usally am...For closer home I prefer the HP pump in Sarita Vihar-Noida Road...as its closer home and very good quality of fuel and great service..!

Well about the fuel line thing- Did you keep your engine running, If yes then there is a chance that some more quantity can be taken in as the pump sucks the fuel into engine but 2-3 Litres, I doubt that...! petrol is never influenced by weather unless you are living in the Himalayas or Sahara Desert..Petrol always has the same quantity at regualr temps..!

It was A shell pump earlier, The only other shell pump I've seen and found better is the one before the Moolchand Flyover on the left side towards Sanya Motors...!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 18th April 2006 at 01:00.
Old 18th April 2006, 01:50   #21
BHPian

yeah i know the one you're talkin about..this one is BP..
and no my engine was off..through out the time..

@narasimha.. 5 litres agreed.. it might take in..but my tank was'nt completely empty..it ATLEAST had 5 litres in it already..if not more..

@iraghava - i think to the best of my memory..there is no in&out outlet there..but there is one at the one wolfenstein is talking about ie . sanya motors
Old 18th April 2006, 02:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec
yeah i know the one you're talkin about..this one is BP..
and no my engine was off..through out the time..

@narasimha.. 5 litres agreed.. it might take in..but my tank was'nt completely empty..it ATLEAST had 5 litres in it already..if not more..

@iraghava - i think to the best of my memory..there is no in&out outlet there..but there is one at the one wolfenstein is talking about ie . sanya motors
Ok seems there is some confusion here I am talking about the pump which is on your left hand side if you are heading from GK M-Block to Lajpat Nagar side. Its just before the flyover and there is an IN & Out there as is a service station and car wash. Which one are you guys talking about?
Old 18th April 2006, 02:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Also there has never been an In & Out at the pump just before Sanya Motors. And currently it is in a broken down state as it is being renovated.
Old 18th April 2006, 02:12   #24
BHPian

its at the corner..when you're turning left for moolchand from gk1..near helvetia...or the main redlight at the T junction
Old 18th April 2006, 03:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Actualy I wanted to pose the same question v.tec dude...I have a OHC Vtec and the specified tank capacity is 45liters...I once ran out of fuel almost right infront of A Shell pump(I was rushing to the pump as I knew I was running empty)...I had couple of pedestrians pushing my car into the pump. I asked for a topup and the attendant managed to squeeze in 46.8liters, thats almost 2 extra liters...man I dont know if Honda's fuel tank specification is erranous or the pumps!!! My fuel economy calculations with 45liters in mind just went for a toss after this incident!!!

Shell pumps are highly respected in blore due to the quality of fuel and service. Im not questioning their credibility but if someone does and trials stand against them, man their reputation is at a stake BIGTIME ...coz people here in blore swear by them(same as their punch line..hehe) when it comes to reliability.

Last edited by The Wolf : 18th April 2006 at 03:28.
Old 18th April 2006, 11:32   #26
BHPian

I checked in Singapore Honda City club forum. There some member pumped upto 43.8 ltrs of petrol into the tank.
Old 18th April 2006, 11:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

I pumped in 48L in my empty tanked NHC once and that was with the Honda serviceman during delivery. He said the pipe take the fuel as the pipe is long enough to take 5L with ease.
Old 18th April 2006, 11:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

the capacity specified by the manufacturer is not upto the brim ...you always have space for 2-3 liters more than what is specified ...my zen manual says 35 liters as teh capacity ,but i remember filling 37 liters on teh first day ....

otherwise the petrol pump fuel guage is faulty
Old 18th April 2006, 12:55   #29
BHPian

well same thing happened to me in hyderabad on my Optra...
i went to a pump where the car was just on reserve.
optra has a tank of 60L...
but the car took 60.8L
and the car had just come on reserve..
Old 18th April 2006, 13:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec
its at the corner..when you're turning left for moolchand from gk1..near helvetia...or the main redlight at the T junction
Hmmm Vtec that's a different pump you are talking about right opposite the Ferns & petals right?

Can't vouch for him have only had refills from him a few times. I was talking about the next pump if you continue from there towards Moolchand after the bus stop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks