Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 18:57   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How durable are the remote keys of our cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
today while entering the car I dropped the keys of my new ford figo into a puddle ...
In such situations, wipe it dry and keep it aside without using it for a day or so. This will help water evaporate. If it still doesn't work, then time to get a new one.

Remotes also can take some abuse. But depending on the design of the buttons, operating the buttons can cause some water to enter inside. By trying to test the remote (which is the first thing we instinctively try), we actual increase the risk of spoiling it. The remote may actually have survived if we did not test it when that happened !
Old 14th August 2017, 13:27   #92
BHPian

Mahindra Xylo keys are having very low build quality, not just that the rubber key will get corroded and circuit board is exposed, but also the tiny screws get rusty and won't be able to unscrew after a couple years' use.
Old 13th November 2017, 16:19   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

The battery of the remote key of my 6.5 year old WagonR VXi died (both the keys). I am looking to replace the battery at some watch shop. Should I be looking for some specific brand of batteries? I want hassle free performance for the next 3-4 years.

I will replace for one key and use it for some time before replacing for the second key.

TIA,
Ashis
Old 13th November 2017, 16:57   #94
Senior - BHPian

The OEM remote keys for my '05 Hyundai Elantra lasted 11 years. Now I think both the keys are dead so I'm using the keys to lock and unlock the door.
Old 13th November 2017, 17:12   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The battery of the remote key of my 6.5 year old WagonR VXi died (both the keys).. Should I be looking for some specific brand of batteries?
Standard batteries. Not sure if you will need the AAAA size or the button cells.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 17:17   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Standard batteries. Not sure if you will need the AAAA size or the button cells.
Thanks.
It should be button cells as the key fob is small. The remote buttons are integrated within the key and there's no separate remote. I see that these key model are shared across the old Swift, Dzire, Ritz and maybe the SX4.

A quick search reveals the battery model as CR1620 3V battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks