Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2016, 22:25   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
Gave the car. Reproduced the low oil pressure issue. Idling issue could not be reproduced as it occurs only during cold start. Also, the chief technician wasn't there. I might need to come here tomorrow if needed.
High idling rpm issue seems to be resolved. Culprit was weak battery. Since the battery was needing to be charged frequently, the idling rpm was shooting to 1000 at times. Replaced battery and engine is back to regular rpm. Issue was fixed today. Need to monitor. KR Puram ASS told me there are some issues with server and hence they are unable to update the software. I believe there are a bunch of 2012 cars awaiting software update as per the insider birdie. Expected ETA is 15 days. Waiting with clenched fists.
andescondor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 08:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Diesel: Cold start issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
What is faint loss of oil pressure?

Regards
Sutripta
I experinece it in the morning during cold start. When you switch on the ignition and slot it into first gear, the car sometimes comes to a stop.(torque does not take over and move the car ahead).This does not happen during the day.
Old 28th August 2016, 19:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
When you switch on the ignition and slot it into first gear, the car sometimes comes to a stop.(torque does not take over and move the car ahead).This does not happen during the day.
Now I'm totally confused. What does this have to do with oil pressure.
What I initially anted to know was what was 'faint loss of oil pressure', and how did you detect it?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 28th August 2016, 19:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Now I'm totally confused. What does this have to do with oil pressure.
What I initially anted to know was what was 'faint loss of oil pressure', and how did you detect it?

Regards
Sutripta
Hi, I never mentioned anything about oil pressure. Was talking about loss of power (if its easier to understand) during cold start.
Old 28th August 2016, 19:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Oh OK!
Since your post was in between other posts, and in reply to other posts talking about loss of oil pressure, sure got the feeling that the 'pressure' you were also talking of was oil pressure.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks