Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED IT and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 23 34.85%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 12 18.18%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 17 25.76%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from all boron compounds!!! 14 21.21%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2006, 14:33   #46
BHPian

Hi all,

After adding boric acid powder in engine oil & completed running almost 2000km I decided to change the oil.....as soon as boric acid comes in contact with inside metal parts under high temparature it starts working forming boric oxide which sticks to the metal surface( this process itself is called matal treatment)....by this it starts removing age old carbon deposites....this works to every corner..crevices...minute openings from where its almost impossible to remove carbon deposits....so carbon debris keep on accumulating in oil....when I drained oil it was much more black...I assume it almost cleared most of carbon deposites & new seal is developed with boron particles which will never pile off until engine openeing.....

I m using castrol magnatec oil...now my earlier FE is back....almost getting 600+km on 45 kg of lpg....initially my mileage went down...but I kept running....

Enjoy....
Old 31st August 2006, 20:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

Boric Acid

By your own calculation how much Boric acid powder needs to be added in 7 ltrs of engine oil?? And does one need to mix it well or just simply add and pour in the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Hi all,

I decided to try it on my own.....prepared a mixture of 5% powder with engine oil.....I made concentrated mixture of 175gramms powder with one liter of engine oil to be added in 3.0 liter of engine oil.....stirred it for half an hour by hand mixture....then added directly to engine oil.....Enjoy.....
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2006, 20:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

Motor Silk

Anybody here knows if the above product is available in India? if yes, then where and what cost? Is there any outlet in and around Delhi?
Old 1st September 2006, 23:34   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418
By your own calculation how much Boric acid powder needs to be added in 7 ltrs of engine oil?? And does one need to mix it well or just simply add and pour in the engine?
I added in tha ratio of 5% of weight of engine oil...means for every 1000ml roughly 1 Kg of engine oil I added 50gms of powder.Since my engine oil capacity is 3.5 liter......I prepared concentrated mixture of 1 liter oil with 175gm powder to be added in 3.5 liter oil........I added powder after breaking lumps into 1 liter oil....mixture was stirred by hand mixture for about half an hour......it was then filtered with double layered cotton cloth many times to take out undissolved particles......then added into engine....

IMO it took almost 3000 km to give complete benefit......my car is so smooth right now......this difference quite noticeable at highway driving....I changed oil & oil filter after 2000 km....I had to retune my carbureted car instantly after adding this....changing of oil & filter is a must after 2000 km...as its during this time most of particles works inside engine removing lotsf carbon debris.......

My engine oil feels clean now....waiting to see whether this can extend the oil change interval as mentioned......

If u want more information kindly PM me....

U can ask company for shipment at ur address.......I think they dont have any dealer here.....

Enjoy......
Old 2nd September 2006, 21:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

making the concoction

Phew..!!! quite an effort; but as they say - "no gain without pain"..My Safari holds 7 ltrs of engine oil and that means 350 gms of Boric acid.....hmmm

[quote=finetuning]I added in tha ratio of 5% of weight of engine oil...means for every 1000ml roughly 1 Kg of engine oil I added 50gms of powder.Since
Old 24th January 2007, 21:33   #51
BHPian

Encouraged by the benefits I m getting of boric acid in engine oil few of friends decided to use in their bikes & scooters....

Earlier I added powder after mixing it in engine oil but then I found good way to dissolve this stuff.......I dissolved in pure acetone......it doesnt dissolves fully but I think it reduces the particle size of powder.....added 8 gm powder dissolving in 30 ml acetone solution in 500 ml watr bottle......kept it for a night.....then added 100 ml engine oil of bike & poured in Suzuki Fiero F2 bike.........

Its almost 10 days now and result is so encouraging....there is remarkable smoothness of engine.....also its running slightly cooler now....bike now takes higher gear at low rpm & also there is noticeable increase in power......It normally takes at least few hundred km for best benefits....

Also done in same manner in our scooty pep & same wonderful result.....its running very smooth now...I m amazed with the way boric powder performs for friction reduction....I havent enountered any ill effect as of now...

Also adding few ml acetone in engine oil might react with engine oil....I ruled out this possibility as boiling point of acetone is just 57 deg centrigrade and within few minutes of engine running it will be sucked by pcv valve into combustion chamber.....

Enjoy....
finetuning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2007, 10:45   #52
BHPian

I said... "Lets do it"

I read this thread almost 3 times... and after listening to (reading) a lot of criticism, doubts, and euphoria... and after a long hard thought, I decided to give this stuff a try.

I usually don't care much about the way a car should be treated... and believe that new technology is meant to make life easier. Just switch on, press the pedal and zoom away... So, rather than taking pains to dissolve the boric powder in acetone/oil etc, I just put about a tablespoon of the powder in my engine oil tank. I think it shud mix own as the oil is churned inside. Also... since the amount is only a t.spoon, think, it shudn't dry and block up the area where the local conc. is high.

About 10kms later, I felt noticeable smoothness kicking in. Felt as if the tyre pressure is really low and the car is rolling on a cushion. But wonder, what's the suspension's got to do with engine oil???

On the flip side, felt a little over-oiled-ness in the engine, and pick up was slightly affected... again the same effect that one wud get when the tyre pressure is low.

I checked the tyre pressure. It was normal.

Anyways... Has any1 else, other than the 'inventor', has tried this stuff? Cud they plz, share their experiences?

Also.. can any1 tell me, why the sluggishness, and
why the hell my car's suspension is better suddenly?
It's tempting to add another t.spoon of powder... Should I do it? Or, mix it with little engine oil first, and then add?
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:02   #53
BHPian

Hi,
Your initial sluggishness is because of working of powder........but you need to at least dissolve in acetone.....there is no need to add powder direct into sump......

1 table spoon is very less quantity so you need not worry about any ill effect.......infact after 300 km you need to change your oil filter without fail to get best benefit........

Apart from smoothness of running which is because of micro layered boric oxide plates....you will feel very free engine.....but this technique takes time to pass on full benefit..so keep running till 1500 & more km & dont change oil in between.......you can safely change oil after 1500 km........

I used this METAL TREATMENT in at least 40 vehicles without any ill effect & result is just superb.....we need to dissolve in acetone for better result....

If your car hold 3 ltr oil then can add 100 gm dissolving in 100 ml acetone first.......if by any means powder is dissolved then its good idea......

Feeling of smoothness is right............but initially since boric acid tends to seek metal surfaces & starts removing carbons we feel litle loss of power but thats I think not even noticeable...afterwards car engine becomes very smooth.there is gentle hum sound on highways & feeling of gliding......car tends to run with higher gear....do check this.......

Last edited by finetuning : 2nd February 2007 at 01:10.
Old 3rd February 2007, 19:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning View Post
Hi,
1 table spoon is very less quantity so you need not worry about any ill effect.......infact after 300 km you need to change your oil filter without fail to get best benefit........
Please Throw some light Why i need to change the oil filter after 300 Kms?
Also if i change the oil filter I will have to do a top up also?
Old 4th February 2007, 12:30   #55
BHPian

>> Why i need to change the oil filter after 300 Kms?
Boron tends to stick to metal surfaces, so the powder will replace the carbon deposits on the inside walls of the engine. These carbon particles will then get filtered in the oil filter. [Source: earlier posts in this thread]

>> if i change the oil filter I will have to do a top up also?
I don't think so, unless the mechanic does a poor job and there's significant loss of oil in the process.
Old 8th February 2007, 09:05   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983 View Post
I read this thread almost 3 times... and after listening to (reading) a lot of criticism, doubts, and euphoria... and after a long hard thought, I decided to give this stuff a try.

I usually don't care much about the way a car should be treated... and believe that new technology is meant to make life easier. Just switch on, press the pedal and zoom away... So, rather than taking pains to dissolve the boric powder in acetone/oil etc, I just put about a tablespoon of the powder in my engine oil tank. I think it shud mix own as the oil is churned inside. Also... since the amount is only a t.spoon, think, it shudn't dry and block up the area where the local conc. is high.

About 10kms later, I felt noticeable smoothness kicking in. Felt as if the tyre pressure is really low and the car is rolling on a cushion. But wonder, what's the suspension's got to do with engine oil???

On the flip side, felt a little over-oiled-ness in the engine, and pick up was slightly affected... again the same effect that one wud get when the tyre pressure is low.

I checked the tyre pressure. It was normal.

Anyways... Has any1 else, other than the 'inventor', has tried this stuff? Cud they plz, share their experiences?

Also.. can any1 tell me, why the sluggishness, and
why the hell my car's suspension is better suddenly?
It's tempting to add another t.spoon of powder... Should I do it? Or, mix it with little engine oil first, and then add?
Any Update on the changes after you added the boric acid?

FE Or Power Difference?
Old 8th February 2007, 10:27   #57

hi finetunig,
i tried the above on my CBZ. the result was amazing. The bike was already havin' a engine on great condition. But after using this mixture the performance is shattering. There is considerable increase in power, speed and MAKHAN like smoothness. great therapy mann. i owe u a treat someday.
cheers.
Old 8th February 2007, 17:48   #58
BHPian

kaizer,

After adding boric powder into engine it starts removing carbons & its therefor advisable to replace oil filter after say 300 km onwards.....its not neccessary but advisable........full effect will be seen after we change oil with new fresh one with again new filter......by the time we complete say 1000 km this treatment is applied & starts giving best possible benefits....

I see this as a breakthrough in friction reduction.....recently to my Gujarat trip I used this treatment in at least 15 bike....pulsars...hero hondas...honda activas.....& scooty peps to name a few.....result is astonishing......

After adding this into bike instantly we feel rise in idle rpm & within few km running can feel smoothness & calmness of engine......also kick pedal becomes very smooth......this was more evident in pulsars.....I also observed that with new bikes this effect is more & with old bikes this takes time to clean carbon deposites but effective......in one of the Honda activa I observed such a great power & smoothness......its as if there is no engine sound at all......also observed less engine temp......

Hi vichu_zen,

Make sure not to change engine oil for at least 800 to 1000 km.....this is a must.....also do not change any carburetor setting.....you must be feeling extremly smooth bike I can imagine.....do check FE & engine temp. too.....
In bikes I think 10 gm powder is sufficient......I always prefer 10 gm powder in bikes......there is some consideration using such amount......

Enjoy...

Last edited by finetuning : 8th February 2007 at 17:50.
Old 8th February 2007, 17:51   #59
BHPian

>> Any Update on the changes after you added the boric acid?
>> FE Or Power Difference?

No, I didn't add any more powder after 2nd Feb. Actually, I think my clutch plate is wearing away (not coz of boric treatment), and therefore the car is getting a kinda sluggish now-a-days. No point experimenting on a sick car :-(

But, I'm gonna try the boric treatment on my dad's bike soon. Will post those results.
Old 16th February 2007, 21:16   #60
Senior - BHPian

Did you manage to lay your hands on your dad's bike and make that guinae pig? If yes, then the results of the chemical reaction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983
But, I'm gonna try the boric treatment on my dad's bike soon. Will post those results.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st February 2007 at 21:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks