Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED IT and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 23 34.85%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 12 18.18%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 17 25.76%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from all boron compounds!!! 14 21.21%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2007, 22:11   #91
BHPian

Have already posted on Page 5.
Now, after over 1000 kms, it's still good. There's noticeable difference when I drive my friends' cars and similarly, when they drive mine. But, when I tell them about my 'secret', they are too scared to try it. That's why I suggested the poll.
Old 7th March 2007, 23:51   #92
BHPian

Hi amu1983,

Do change oil filter now......its a must I think....as most of dirt,varnish & carbons will be collected in oil & in filter....you will get yet improved performance after changing filter.....also after 1000 km more you need to drain oil & add fresh one with again new oil filter.....this powder has great tendency to stick to metals under heat & pressure making very fine & slippery layers.....

Keep sharing.......

Enjoy.....
Old 9th March 2007, 21:29   #93

hi guys,
I own Safari 2001 model.
I have gone through the acetone thread and added acetone in the fuel.Saw immediate improvement in the power and the reduction in the engine noise.

Thanks Fine tuning for such wonderful research you are carrying on

I am taking my car for complete engine oil and gear oil change in couple of days.
After going through the thread 4-5 times, I am thinking of putting the boric powder in the gear oil as well as the engine oil.
I had a one question for engine oil you can remove the carbon deposits by just changing the oil and the filter after 1000 kms , what about the carbon deposits in the gear oil,how would you remove that

Hi GD, Suman, have you tried the boric powder treatment in your Safari or should I go Delvac oil for turbo diesel engines before putting boric powder in my engine oil

Also should I go for change in the oil seal of the engine, there is a slight leak there before going for oil change.

regards
sammy
Old 10th March 2007, 11:29   #94
Senior - BHPian

It is good to know Sammy that you have benefited with the acetone treatment. Boric powder under high pressure and temperature reacts to remove carbon deposits. No such phenomen occurs in the gearbox though and the carbon deposits in gear box is quite miniscule. However, when you add boric powder to the gear oil then after 2000 kms change the oil again. During this time the boric powder would have clung and acted to remove carbon.

Nw regarding your second query, first plug all the leaks coz later situation may aggravate. You can add boric powder to Delvac oil for turbo diesel engines. I've done the boric powder treatment to my Safari but since it is driven by my wife and I haven't touched it for long, would not be able to comment.

But I've also done the boric treatment in my Scorpio and I find it very smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykhan View Post
hi guys,
I am taking my car for complete engine oil and gear oil change in couple of days. After going through the thread 4-5 times, I am thinking of putting the boric powder in the gear oil as well as the engine oil.

I had a one question for engine oil you can remove the carbon deposits by just changing the oil and the filter after 1000 kms , what about the carbon deposits in the gear oil,how would you remove that

Hi GD, Suman, have you tried the boric powder treatment in your Safari or should I go Delvac oil for turbo diesel engines before putting boric powder in my engine oil

Also should I go for change in the oil seal of the engine, there is a slight leak there before going for oil change.

regards
sammy
Old 10th March 2007, 15:37   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutra View Post
Was busy in office, almost forgot the boric acid thing for almost 2 weeks, took the car out over the weekend, didn’t realized any difference till I stopped for the red light, Was surprised to note the engine much smoother and quite, tried overtaking few cars and engine felt much more responsive.
Its funny that you didnt realise the difference all thriugh the two weeks of driving, and the change in performance caught your eye, mind, senses, etc when you stopped at a red light. From where i see it, the boric acid probably helped you brake better.

Sutra, its as simple as this, if there was any seriosu difference in the working, it would have come to your notice no matter how low on memory you were.

I doubt i'll return to this thread, so don't bother quoting me.

manson.
Old 10th March 2007, 16:51   #96
BHPian

Does boric powder in engine oil really work?

I see that the boric powder stuff is quickly gaining popularity. But, understandably almost everyone is skeptical of trying it. So, I've created this poll, with a hope that it will give a statistical input to a first-time reader, and he/she can decide accordingly.
Old 10th March 2007, 19:04   #97
BHPian

Thanks for the long awaited poll, would think its better if it is merged with the thread on Boric acid so everyone can read about it.
Old 10th March 2007, 22:06   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay View Post
Thanks for the long awaited poll, would think its better if it is merged with the thread on Boric acid so everyone can read about it.
Done.

Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for the idea of the poll amu.

Please vote again as i had to start a new poll.

cya
R
Old 10th March 2007, 23:42   #99
BHPian

Rehaan, could you plz do the same for the threads -

1. My Experience With Adding Acetone in Petrol
2. My Experience Of Adding Boric Acid In Petrol
?
Old 11th March 2007, 13:58   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983 View Post
Yes Rehaan request you to please do the same.
Old 11th March 2007, 14:13   #101
rks
BANNED

In all such polls, I suggest we include another option -- "Not willing to try risky experiments with additives to ----" (where ---- stands for engine oil, fuel, etc.). I will vote for this option if available.
Old 11th March 2007, 17:48   #102
BHPian

Ha Ha... If we add that option... I'm sure it would consume 99% of the votes! That's why the poll states -
I have TRIED it and have found that ...

The idea is to give a fair statistical input to guys like you who are hesitant. After all... everyone's scared of jumping into the water before they learn to swim. And.. there's no point asking the non-swimmers about the joys/perils of swimming, is there?
Old 19th March 2007, 15:00   #103
BHPian

how can i add boric acid

as i have tried acetone i am very eager to try boric acid. I am very much confused on its use. So explain me how to add boric acid on my amby(5.5 ltr oil). will it have some adverse effect on engine( b coz it being a diesel engine)
Old 19th March 2007, 19:57   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

Its funny that you didnt realise the difference all thriugh the two weeks of driving, and the change in performance caught your eye, mind, senses, etc when you stopped at a red light. From where i see it, the boric acid probably helped you brake better.

Manson, I am using my bike as daily mode of transportation, car is only used for weekend outings with family. Took the car out only after two weeks of the experiment. Had forgotten about the experiment when I took the car out. Hope that explains...
Old 21st March 2007, 12:48   #105
Senior - BHPian

Evidence recorded & accepted. Acquitted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

Manson, I am using my bike as daily mode of transportation, car is only used for weekend outings with family. Took the car out only after two weeks of the experiment. Had forgotten about the experiment when I took the car out. Hope that explains...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks