Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th June 2019, 18:08   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Simplified: The Idiot's Guide to keeping your car clean & shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
I have a open parking, and sometimes dont use my car. I have instructed the watchman not to wash my car, as he used those dirty clothes creating many swirl marks, which looks very bad - I have black car !! Now, on the roof, there lot of bird dropping marks, which are not getting removed even after so many routine washings. Some small marks on bonnet area too. The paint surely has got some damage because of those bird poop.

One of the popular workshop guy told that even with detailed polishing, these marks may not go completely!!

any DIY I could try to remove those marks ? or any other pointer - polishing ? I surely dont want to spend big money. Please assist, thanks.

Hopefully, once the marks are removed to big extent, I have a thought of covering the roof and bonnet with some VFM vinyl wrap - easy of cleaning & less worry of paint damage. Inputs welcome.

thanks in advance.
Long story short, what you got there is termed as "crow's foot", and it's pretty much permanent damage which happens when the acids in bird droppings are baked in with the heat from sunlight.
Aggressive compounding shall make it lighter (but not make it disappear) , and you stand to lose clearcoat. Tinted wax / glaze may hide it to some extent.
Repainting is the only 100% fix.
Always remove bird droppings ASAP using quick detailer & microfiber / soft facial tissue. Use a car cover if you are parking in the open and do not plan to use your car for sometime.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote