Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2005, 23:37   #16
BHPian

bike is surely quicker but to contolr a bike bike is much much more difficult than a car
even for the speed run last year we seen it so wwhere is the question even trying to promote a car in thet topic

cheers
Old 31st March 2005, 00:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

as said before in the quarter mile a bike will be quicker but in a circuit as the turns cause them to break and corner and start agin the bike will be slower . the bike will have to go slower than the cars or the turns.correct me if im wrong
Old 31st March 2005, 00:55   #18
BHPian

a fully modded nissan skyline R34 GTR can surely go faster than a busa in a quarter mile run.
bottom line : 4 wheelers can beat 2 wheelers even in 1/4 runs
Old 31st March 2005, 01:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a fully modded nissan skyline R34 GTR can surely go faster than a busa in a quarter mile run.
bottom line : 4 wheelers can beat 2 wheelers even in 1/4 runs
Lets not modify anything here coz a Turbo Busa will kill the Skyline.

We're talking stock car vs stock bike around a circuit.

Be it, at the family car level, sports car level, supercar level or race car level, an equivalent bike has no chance around a circuit.

Shan2nu
Old 31st March 2005, 08:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a Turbo Busa will kill the Skyline
ouch, that hurt!! (just kidding ) i love both these rides, but the skyline is like my white angel, man- i literally worship it;

and i would take the skyline, anyday, as compared to the busa (this has nothing to do with the fact that a busa retails for about 11000$ in the U.S, and the skyline-secondhand, of course,they are no longer in production-for about 70,000$ +, he..he ) .
b.t.w., a turbo busa might do the 1/4 mile in about 8 seconds, but i've seen a certain modded 1200 bhp skyline that does the 1/4 mile in 7.5!!!
(not in real life, i've seen the pics and specs on cardomain.com)
Old 31st March 2005, 11:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Will the Turbo Busa is pretty capable of 7 secs. I have this vid of a yellow turbo busa (reduced to the size of the hornet). But man, t's got time warping acceleration!!!

That guy was doing 300kmph and he still couldn't keep the front tyres on the ground. I got this vid from kokaine so he should be able to give you the link to that vid.

This thing made a stock Busa look like a sloth. For straight line freaks, nothing beats a bike.

Shan2nu
Old 31st March 2005, 11:50   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For straight line freaks, nothing beats a bike.
For cornering freaks as well. Nothing beats the sheer pleasure of banking your bike into a corner, using your body position to shift weight and feeling every tiny bit of movement through every part of your body.

After that, a car, any car, is like an anesthetic.
Old 31st March 2005, 11:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For cornering freaks as well. Nothing beats the sheer pleasure of banking your bike into a corner, using your body position to shift weight and feeling every tiny bit of movement through every part of your body.
Depends, coz i don't fancy taking turns on a bike. To us, the pleasure of cornering in a car is supreme. And it's faster around corners too. Both bikes and cars have their positives and negatives but, coming back to the topic, the car is the machine to have around a track.

Quote:
That's true. Unless you're in an Ariel Atom 300 or an XTR 2.

Shan2nu
Old 31st March 2005, 12:02   #24
BHPian

correct me if i am wronng.... more the torque in ur bike... more faster u are out of the corners right... that is how ducatis 999 is designed ... and it is the only bike having a flat head piston ... and also for more power .. ur twin exhausts should be the same length right?
Old 31st March 2005, 12:05   #25
BANNED

is this the same video that was aired recently. i dont remember very well though
Old 31st March 2005, 12:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
correct me if i am wronng.... more the torque in ur bike... more faster u are out of the corners right... that is how ducatis 999 is designed ... and it is the only bike having a flat head piston ... and also for more power .. ur twin exhausts should be the same length right?
Yup, provided you exit the corner in the right gear and at the right rpm.

I wouldn't say more power, as power is a combined result of torque and engine rpm. A torquey car need not necessarily be powerful.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 31st March 2005 at 12:10.
Old 31st March 2005, 15:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech

How very true, not to forget the thrill of scraping your knees and toes while taking the turns !! Making u feel frightfully close to the fuzzy tarmac racing inches below u.

The feeling is a lot different.
In a bike u feel like u're actually a part of the scene. U feel the speed on your face, hair, skin, fingers . . . . U feel powerful and yet vulnerable. More like an animal
In a car u're safely enclosed in a cocoon and can see the speed only by looking outside the windscreen which could be compared to a widescreen TV / arcade game.

Just my personal opinion, with no intentions of starting an argument.

I enjoy both, although I prefer my car if I'm a little preoccupied or not in the right frame of mind.
Old 1st April 2005, 23:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech

but try that on any indian road...use your body position to shift weight and feel each lil tiny bit of movement thru every part of ur body....
...and encounter a pothole or crack...
and you will be needing a dose of anesthetics...
i would have to go with shan2nu here as nothing better cornering in a car with a "lil dose" of ur trustworthy handbrake...(on a clean clear road...ofcourse!)
Old 2nd April 2005, 02:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RIGHT ON! riding bikes in india is a lot more dangerous than cars because of various factors like road conditions, poor traffic manners, jaywalking, animals,....... the list never ends.
Old 2nd April 2005, 10:03   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma
but try that on any indian road...use your body position to shift weight and feel each lil tiny bit of movement thru every part of ur body....
I do that on Indian roads every day! But only on roads I know well. Always take it easy if I'm riding on new roads as you never know what our PWD's have in store for us!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks