Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 10:55   #1
VSD
BHPian

Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)

If it helps, I'm attaching the BSI price list which now crosses 10years/2L kms option.

Many options in the BSI plus, I'd recommend 5yr/60k if you drive less or 5yr/100k if you'll be driving it more often.

01 BMW SIRI Customer Pricelist Valid wef 01072014 (2).pdf

Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)-bmw-bsi-pricing-1.png

Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)-bmw-bsi-pricing-2.png

Last edited by GTO : 12th August 2015 at 12:02. Reason: Copying post to a new thread :)
VSD is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 12:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
If it helps, I'm attaching the BSI price list which now crosses 10years/2L kms option.
Many thanks for sharing, VSD! This information isn't available anywhere on the net, hence copying your post to a new thread. It'll surely help others.
Old 27th September 2015, 01:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)

Thanks a ton for sharing these prices VSD, helps a lot.

I have recently booked a 320D and was in two minds on whether to go for a bsi pack or not. The 5 year/60,000 kms BSI PLUS pack (without extended warranty as that costs 1 lac extra) will cost 2.5L and my running is 9-10k kms/year, by the end of 5 years i will be at 55k kms max.

BMW have stopped BSI ultimate and now quote some thing new as BSI Plus, on their website, they show the BSI plus over regular BSI only covers brake discs and brake pads, clutch (which clutch are we talking about here - ZF 8 speed's clutch?), wipers and brake fluids etc. Have BMW stopped covering battery, suspension components etc in their BSI packs?

If suspension and battery are not covered, then its a tough decision for me. Bmw quoted brake pads at 19000 for a paid, Textar aftermarket ones available in market at 6000, Bmw quoted discs at 25k for a pair, aftermarket reputed brands selling for 12-13k. If we take BMW spare prices, its justified but oem german brands (like TRW or Textar) sell their parts at half the price in open market.

Brake related parts can be worked on by independent garages as well but clutch etc are important thing so does it make sense to pay 2.5L or not?

Last edited by coolboy007 : 27th September 2015 at 01:37.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

This is really useful to have in one place - thanks for compiling. The dealers don't seem to offer more than 5 years by default. Interesting to know how many options are really out there.
Old 9th October 2015, 19:37   #5
bhp
BHPian

I was Inquiring about BSI with the dealer, and they have no information about extended warranty or BSI packages exceeding 5 years or 1,00,000 kms.

Nothing is mentioned on BMW India's website as well.
Old 9th October 2015, 20:46   #6
BHPian

The prices have now been revised w.e.f June 2015 and the new prices seem to increase by whooping 25%. I guess BSI makes less sense to me considering the un--comprehensive coverage of most important parts like --Suspension, etc. Also Routine wear & Tear parts like brake pads, disc's, wiper blades can anyhow be done outside at half the cost. So what essentially remains are routine service items which are covered. Gearboxes and Clutches in BMW last at least 1.5-2lakh kms. Also no oil fill is required for BMW Gearboxes which now come with BMW's Lifetime fluid.
Sharing herewith latest revised pricelist.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BSI_Price_List_-_w_e_f__June_01_2015.pdf (257.4 KB, 980 views)
vishal9999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 21:19   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess BSI makes less sense to me considering the un--comprehensive coverage of most important parts like --Suspension, etc. Also Routine wear & Tear parts like brake pads, disc's, wiper blades can anyhow be done outside at half the cost.
Thanks for the updated list but wonder what makes you think that these parts / services can actually costs half the costs outside - I doubt BMW original parts carry such premium at Dealerships - there has to be some difference what we get outside and stuff at Dealership . Do you have any example ?

I think the reasons of 25 % Increase will be due to higher average claims under BSI which for country like ours must be higher than western countries due to poor road infrastructure and absence of speed limits - I remember how I used to wear brake pads of my old 530 - these will run less than 15 K due to my spirited driving whereas on my 7 , these are still like new despite having driven over 25 K .

For Peace of mind - better get extended warranty at least in case you want to take risk on consumables

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th October 2015 at 21:21.
Old 10th October 2015, 01:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal9999 View Post
I guess BSI makes less sense to me considering the un--comprehensive coverage of most important parts like --Suspension, etc. Also Routine wear & Tear parts like brake pads, disc's, wiper blades can anyhow be done outside at half the cost. So what essentially remains are routine service items which are covered.
Is it confirmed that BMW now does not cover suspension parts etc in BSI even if you opt for BSI Plus (which is the expensive pack). They used to cover even the battery/suspension under BSI ultimate but i wonder if they are doing it now.

3 lakh for 5 year/60000 BSI pack seems too expensive if they are just covering oil services, brake pads, rotors and wipers. The brake pad/rotors cost less than half of what BMW quotes. I will opt for the extended warranty only as the brake jobs can be done outside as well. If you get the battery changed outside to some other brand like Exide/Amaron, does the whole electronics warranty get void?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks for the updated list but wonder what makes you think that these parts / services can actually costs half the costs outside - I doubt BMW original parts carry such premium at Dealerships - there has to be some difference what we get outside and stuff at Dealership . Do you have any example ? )
The brake pads/rotors from aftermarket brands like Textar/Brembo cost less than half of what BMW quotes. I had called my dealership's spare parts division and he said that the brake pads for 320D cost 19k but Textar/brembo pads outside cost 6-8k

If BMW still covers battery/Suspension parts under BSI Plus then i will opt for it, if not then this does not make sense anymore. Just get extended warranty and all major parts/sensors would be covered anyways.
Old 10th October 2015, 12:01   #9
Team-BHP Support

Have a look at some Import data of Brembo brakes for BMW - As per my knowledge OEM's purchase price is usually lowest , even after adding margins for parent company and dealership somehow this 50 % difference does not satisfy me specially given different COO / shipment .

I will prefer to pay more to dealer than save on something which is probably not same as an OEM even if my Car is 10 Years old .
Attached Thumbnails
Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)-screen-shot-20151010-11.55.07-am.png  

Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)-screen-shot-20151010-11.53.00-am.png  

Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)-screen-shot-20151010-11.53.24-am.png  

Old 17th October 2015, 12:41   #10
BHPian

I recently purchase the BSI and extended warranty packages for 320D and I got only email confirmation from the dealer which is attached below. Is this the only document which you receive from BMW for extended warranty and BSI ? What about the inclusions and exclusions ? Doesn't it require for the company to provide everything in clear in writing. Guys how do you get this confirmed from BMW whether the dealer has really got my vehicle registered in their system or not.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bmw1.pdf (176.8 KB, 631 views)
File Type: pdf bmw2.pdf (93.1 KB, 636 views)
Old 23rd October 2015, 19:37   #11
BHPian

Is it possible to buy BSI for a second hand car? I spoke to a dealer and he was willing to offer since the car is under 2 years old. But he also said it would be retrospective - i.e I'd have to pay for it from the 2 years as well. Doesn't sound right. Any ideas?
Old 23rd October 2015, 19:46   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it possible to buy BSI for a second hand car? I spoke to a dealer and he was willing to offer since the car is under 2 years old. But he also said it would be retrospective - i.e I'd have to pay for it from the 2 years as well
Yes , that's correct , another option can be to buy this via dealer in which case BMW allows them to offer BSI which will begin from today . This can be worked out if he agrees by charging something reasonable - 50-100 K will be fair - this will also help you in getting complimentary 1 Year additional warranty as it becomes kind of BMW - Pre-Certified . I may be missing on few details so discuss with your sales guy and update here for benefits of others.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

My dealership called me to inform that BMW may hike BSI prices starting from 1st november and if i want to purchase them, i should make the payment before 31st october. Is it really true or they are just trying to pursue me to buy the pack asap.

Still confused whether to opt for 3 year/40,000 kms BSI plus + extended warranty or 3 year/40,000 BSI plus + 5 year extended warranty, am not going for the 5 year/60,000 BSI plus as bmw wants an additional 1.35 L over the 40,000 kms plan which is a bit too steep for an additional 20k kms coverage till 60k kms. Opting for the 5 year warranty so would be covered for any part failures.

The price for a a F30 320D 3 year/40,000 BSI plus + extended warranty is 136914 and 3 year/40k BSI plus + 5 year warranty costs 211242.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 26th October 2015 at 18:52.
Old 26th October 2015, 20:31   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys how do you get this confirmed from BMW whether the dealer has really got my vehicle registered in their system or not.
You can ask service advisor to give you print of your vehicle details , it should have BSI details , just carry Key of your car with you . Normally you will not have any problem , just keep a receipt with you .

Quote:
BMW may hike BSI prices starting from 1st november and if i want to purchase them, i should make the payment before 31st october. Is it really true or they are just trying to pursue me to buy the pack asap
Technically you can buy BSI as long as your car is under warranty , Dealership does not get much margins ( at least till couple of months before ) . I will check with my contacts but in case you have recently bought the car you can postpone your decision till your vehicle is due for first service .
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 18:16   #15
BHPian

Hi folks,

Need some advise from BMW owners. If you have taken the BSI plus + Repair package does that mean there is no service cost for 6 years (assuming you dont get into an accident). What about the following would they be covered:

- I have read BMW 3 series windshield is prone to cracking
- What about suspension overhaul
- Run Flat tyres - side wall puncture ?

Any other ?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks