Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2018, 13:14   #61
BHPian

Re: Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)

Hi Guys,

Latest update.

BMW BSI & BRI prices will be revised from 1st Nov 2018.
This will be after one year, and with depreciating rupees, I think price hike will be substantial.

Attached please find BSI & BRI plans/price till 31st October 2018.

Do consider your purchase or renewal.

Brdgs,Sail
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BSI Price List 1-11-17.pdf (56.0 KB, 559 views)
Sail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 17:27   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)

What is interesting is to see the i3, x2, x4, etc listed there. It can only mean they're coming soon.
Old 1st February 2019, 16:29   #63

Anybody has the latest version of the pricing doc?

I have my first service coming due in 2500 kms and need to make a decision. I am inclined to take the most intensive package simply because my 320D has not been the most pleasant in the first six months, majorly due to the runflat issues which are now solved, but also I have
  • rattling noise from rear left window, unable to pinpoint where it is coming from - happens while the blinds are down as well as up. Can only be heard with 0 music, but still very irritating
  • sharp squealing noise from the brakes - this started after I was returned my car after 5 weeks of being at the workshop (tyre issues, I made BMW replace all alloys and tyres), usually happens after 50-60 kms of driving, after applying brakes on slow speeds, as soon as the car is about to come to a stop there's a sharp squeal, as if a truck is applying brakes
  • not very fond of the automatic climate control, its always spewing hot air onto my feet, and there seem to be another few electronic glitches, just can't feel comfortable irrespective of the temperature and hot-cold knob setting. (I've always wondered why do both exist together? If I set the temperature to X degrees, then the AC should bring it to X degrees, no? It's a bit confusing, what if I set it to 18 degrees but turn the knob to red?)

I know this is not the thread to review the car, but I am trying to give an idea of "nuances" that might become "problems" in the future. What do you think?

My running is about 10-12K in a year, getting my first service around 9000-9500KM mark to give you an idea about driving style. I do have a slightly heavy right foot. On the other hand, not to brag, but -
Attached: BMW's full BSI & extended warranty price list (up to 10 years / 200,000 kms)-img_2926.jpg

Previous cars that our family owned, we extracted them to the last bit, for as long as 7-8 years, but our running was much lesser, barely did we ever cross 50K on the odo. I expect to own the 320D for at least 4-5 years, if not more.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st February 2019 at 17:20. Reason: Putting image on new line :)
anantc93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 18:33   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantc93 View Post
Anybody has the latest version of the pricing doc?
Check the post at the below link. Another TBHP member has posted the latest BSI package pricing.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4536311 (The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh)
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 18:48   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Check the post at the below link. Another TBHP member has posted the latest BSI package pricing.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4536311 (The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh)
Thank you so much for the latest price sheet. I just got a very bewildering question on reading the thread. So like we know BMW's services depend on when the machine tells you that it's due. Correct? Suppose I take the BSI Plus which covers brake pads and stuff, and I take it for 3y/40K. What if my brake pads and other covered "expensive" things, don't actually need a replacement within the 3y/40K ? Can I still ask them to replace stuff after 2.99 years or 39K kms?
Old 25th December 2019, 14:10   #66
BHPian

BSI prices are going to change from 31st December.
Old 9th March 2021, 03:04   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I would take the 6 years version not even the 5 yrs version. Better resale.

The BMW warranty covers multiple suspension components as well, and electronics like wheel speed sensors. Stuff like steering rack is covered. This type of stuff fails more with age and usage.

Just years 5+6 on my X3 cost 2.1L after 4 yrs and it has been well worth it.

Paying upfront for service and consumable while giving some savings can go waste if for any reason one does not actually end up using the car for planned kms.
Hello ACM,
I am planning to go with a Diesel X1 and my yearly run would be near about 10K-12K, max. I maintain my cars and I regularly service them. Talking about my driving style, it's pretty sedate. Also, this car would be used in the City, mostly. I am planning to keep this car for the next 9-10 years.

I have decided to go with the followings:
  • 5yrs/60K BSI Basic Plan
  • 6yrs/ No Limit Max BRI (Extended Warranty) Plan

Now, my questions would be:
  1. Is this package sufficient enough for me? Considering my run and the other factors...
  2. Keeping in mind that this car is going to be with me for a long time, should I opt for a higher BSI Basic Plan? I was thinking about the 10yrs/100K Plan, for complete peace of mind...
Old 9th March 2021, 10:20   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
my yearly run would be near about 10K-12K, max. I[*]5yrs/60K BSI Basic Plan[*]6yrs/ No Limit Max BRI (Extended Warranty) Plan
I have seen a lot of people going for the highest Km/ Mileage at the start of ownership. Though, it may save one against the future hikes but there is no use of spending so much monies at the start. Besides, you never know when will you get bored of the Car. If you have to sell the car early, most of these packs are not valued much, as long as your car is under warranty/ extended warranty. I haven’t seen anyone valuing for service packs or that longer warranty anything additionally.

If you have extra money, better buy an X3 or a car from higher segment instead. If you must buy X1, just to let you know, you have time until 2 Years to decide about extended warranty and until first service to go for the service package. For the package, if you can understand and question dealership on the jobs they intend to carry, you can simply ignore the packages and pay per service.

Extended warranties are an absolute must but BMW charges a lot for the last 6th Year so I will wait until 5th Year to decide.

Good Luck with your purchase

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th March 2021 at 10:21.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 10:46   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Though, it may save one against the future hikes but there is no use of spending so much monies at the start.

I haven’t seen anyone valuing for service packs or that longer warranty anything additionally.

...just to let you know, you have time until 2 Years to decide about extended warranty and until first service to go for the service package.

... BMW charges a lot for the last 6th Year so I will wait until 5th Year to decide.
Well said, Turbanator!

Exactly the thought process that I'm also following - will take a call about BSI/BSI+ before my first service (12M), and similarly the BRI before 24M.

Last edited by itwasntme : 9th March 2021 at 10:48.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 14:52   #70
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello ACM,
I am planning to go with a Diesel X1 and my yearly run would be near about 10K-12K, max. Talking about my driving style, it's pretty sedate. I am planning to keep this car for the next 9-10 years.

5yrs/60K BSI Basic Plan
6yrs/ No Limit Max BRI (Extended Warranty) Plan

Is this package sufficient enough for me?
I feel you have selected the right packages.

Also I feel inspite of your plans you are likely to sell your car in the 5-6 years range, considering the speed of technology, trend to switch faster, electric cars, prosperity etc.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:12   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello ACM,
I am planning to go with a Diesel X1 and my yearly run would be near about 10K-12K, max. I maintain my cars and I regularly service them. Talking about my driving style, it's pretty sedate. Also, this car would be used in the City, mostly. I am planning to keep this car for the next 9-10 years.

I have decided to go with the followings:
  • 5yrs/60K BSI Basic Plan
  • 6yrs/ No Limit Max BRI (Extended Warranty) Plan

Now, my questions would be:
  1. Is this package sufficient enough for me? Considering my run and the other factors...
  2. Keeping in mind that this car is going to be with me for a long time, should I opt for a higher BSI Basic Plan? I was thinking about the 10yrs/100K Plan, for complete peace of mind...
Like Turbanator has mentioned, I would also recommend taking a smaller package first, and later extend based on your usage. You could start with a 3 year / 40K BSI (I would suggest BSI+ as that covers brake pads and rotors and once a year wiper blades) and when the pack ends (either in time or in distance), you could upgrade to a more suitable pack - one with more time or with more distance.

Also, for the BRI, usually, the 6th year costs as much as the first 5 years. Most people go for the 5 year BRI as that is a sweet spot. You could also get the 5 years and then extend it at the end of 5th year.

Personally, for my 3GT, I wanted the maximum warranty and went with the 6 year BRI in the beginning. Started with a 3 year / 40K BSI+, hit 40K distance in 2.5 years and extended to the 6 years / 120K BSI+.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 08:26   #72
BHPian

Thanks a lot, Turbanator, ACM and graaja!!

Wanted this exact clarity over the BSI Plans! I will keep all these points in my mind while going with my purchase.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 20:43   #73
Senior - BHPian

BMW India has updated

Service Package BSI: Max available up to 6 years / 1,20,000 Kms

Extended Warranty BRI: Max up to 5 years.

Earlier
BSI was available till 10 years / 2,00,000 Kms
Extended Warranty BRI: Max up to 6 years.

Bad move indeed by BMW India.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 18:08   #74
BHPian

Lowering warranty demonstrates BMW’s premature failing of parts and quality control problems within the country. While abroad, BMW provides a 7-year warranty (4+3).
adi58 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks