Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:48   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG - Shuddering issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
I was randomly looking at 0-180 numbers of few cars( on autocar) and tbh I'm very surprised. 0-180 of Octavia 1.8 TSI is 23.XX secs , Cruze is 41.xx , C250 is 25.xx, and 320d M sport is 28. I know how its works but is the Octavia really that much faster than C(3 secs) and 3 series( 5 secs) to 180 ? Also the Cruze numbers look off too.

Thanks
I don't think those are right. I'd be very surprised if the Octy is that quick to 180.
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG - Shuddering issue!

That's about right. 19-21 seconds to 180 km/h and 27 seconds to 200 km/h from a standstill in S mode. After 180 km/h it's quite a stretch to reach 200 plus. May be with Speed 97 it's probably quicker!

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 2nd June 2016 at 20:50.
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I don't think those are right. I'd be very surprised if the Octy is that quick to 180.

Hey Akshay , taken all numbers from auto car India . At first looked unrealistic to me as well hence posted to get a confirmation.
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:50   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, it certainly feels like it does :-) and Autocar India says 23.97 seconds for the 0-180 dash.

Not directly uploading the Autocar PDF due to copyright issues but scroll to the stats section:
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/Reviews/...Octavia/01.pdf

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd June 2016 at 21:55. Reason: Stats
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:18   #65
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this.

We have had issues with DSG DQ200 gearbox. The occasional jerks and lethargy during other times. I have been searching for a way to reset the DQ200 and I finally found it.

I found this
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...g-64519-2.html and I quote the procedure below

Quote:
1)Handbrake On, Car is in Park and Ignition is on but Engine is off. (Transmission should be warmed up already before doing this)
2)Go to 02 - Electronics & Measurement Group / Basic Settings > Group 60 > Read
3)Wait for fields to display the following information: 4 - 0 - 0 and then start engine in next 10 seconds. (or it will display 255 - 7 - 0 and this means you'll have to start over again)
4)After a few seconds the fields will now display 254 - 0 - 0 which should mean that the process is complete. (Handbrake will be enough to hold car in position)
5)Exit VAGCOM and turn off engine; Basic settings are now complete.
I tried to see if the procedure starts this morning. It worked. Since i tried it in office, I did not have the time to take it for the recommended test drive to adapt. I will do it later in the evening. However I notice some difference in values

1. Does not show 4-0-0. it shows another set of values instead.
2. Shows 253 instead of 254 in case of success . If error shows 255.
3. After that I can hear the trasmision making noises. then i restarted the go and did the go forward and backwards calibration.

Will post more details after completing the test drive as listed below.

Quote:
Test drive:

1. Pulling away from stationary.
- Pull away twice forwards in driving mode D up to 2nd gear gear.
- Pull away twice backwards.

2. Drive in every gear also in reverse gear.
- Gear lever in tip gate.
- Drive in every gear for at least 3 seconds.

3. Drive alternately in 3rd, 5th or 7th gear and in 4th or 6th gear.
- Gear lever in tip gate.
- Rev range 2000 - 4500 rpm.
- one minute in the 3. 5th or 7th gear and one minute in 4th or 6th gear
- Repeat twice.

Drive with different accelerator pedal positions. The control unit must recognise for a short
moment the value for full acceleration. It is not necessary to reach the top speed.

4. Finally, check the shifting of the gearbox.
- Drive in every gear in driving mode D, also in reverse gear.
- If negative repeat point 3.

Note:

Check adaptations in measured value blocks 180_1 and 200_1. (my note: may be not the same numbers in your case, since numbers block it's depend on software version of DSG 7)
The number should be at least 3 per clutch.

If the test drive cannot be performed in the recommended way or for necessary length, the
still open fast adaptations are automatically and unnoticeably performed in the subsequent
driving cycles.

Last edited by sivasain : 3rd June 2016 at 12:19.
sivasain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 12:55   #66
BHPian

Finally, received my car back from the workshop last night. Have had 2 short drives - first for fuel and the second to work this morning . The car is shifting gears smoothly and seems "repaired". I will report back after covering a bit more distance .
It appears the guys from Cholamandalam , the insurers underwriting the extended warranty, had visited the workshop yesterday and gone through the paperwork with a fine tooth comb, before eventually signing off.
However, after driving around a diesel DSG Laura for the last month, the pedals and controls of the Octy feel much much lighter. On the flip side , the fuel bills are heavier. As the say, you loose some to win some!
Old 6th June 2016, 15:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsr View Post
Finally, received my car back from the workshop last night. Have had 2 short drives - first for fuel and the second to work this morning . The car is shifting gears smoothly and seems "repaired". I will report back after covering a bit more distance .
Have they given you an invoice for all the parts changed? I haven't received one till date. Also what about the road worthy certificate? Did Skoda finally budge? I highly doubt that, keep an eye (and ear) on vibrations, any odd noises under stress, and any performance changes. Did they update the software? If yes, can you try driving in S mode and see whether the gearbox shifts in to S7 if you ease out on the throttle? Initially on my first gearbox it didn't. Only did so if I engaged cruise control, but it shifts to S7 now if I ease out the throttle at speeds around 100 km/h. Its very irritating since its not supposed to do so. But the moment I as much as touch the acc pedal, it goes down to S6 almost instantaneously. Seems like some fuel saving program which might have been a part of the new gearbox/mechatronic/software. Also unless I brake aggressively, the tranny won't auto-blip on downshift in tiptronic mode. Again playing it safe on the gearbox? I liked the pervious configurations better.
Old 6th June 2016, 21:33   #68
BHPian

Thanks Adi.
Yes, they have provided an invoice of the parts replaced and works carried out.
No there is no road worthy certificate yet, though I have told that it will be given, along with the updated warranty paperwork.
I will keep a ear for the noises you mention. I must admit, I do not usually use the S mode at all-most of the driving is in D mode only , with triptronic being engaged in specific situations.
I will update after a period of driving.
Old 13th June 2016, 16:19   #69
BHPian

Been a week since the car came back after the repairs.Have done about 200km during this time- mostly in the city and also on the "ring roads(aka NICE road) around Bangalore. So far the car is running smoothly and the gears are functioning fine. However, will keep fingers crossed that things remain optimal, once bitten , twice shy I guess!
Old 20th June 2016, 19:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hey docsr, any updates on the Octy? Any unwanted errors or rattles or anything completely unrelated to gearbox?
Old 23rd June 2016, 03:34   #71
BHPian

Hi guys i have the gearbox problem in my superb 2011 can i order mechatronic and multiclutch online from somewhere
Old 25th June 2016, 21:28   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey docsr, any updates on the Octy? Any unwanted errors or rattles or anything completely unrelated to gearbox?
Hi Adi,
No news is good news I guess, at least in this instance. Things are okay for now.Touch wood.
I hope you have got back your ride.

Last edited by docsr : 25th June 2016 at 21:29. Reason: typo
Old 25th June 2016, 22:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to give the car for check up. Since there was road construction going in my lane and cannot take the car out of the parking just yet. Am still on the fence about giving it for further checks (read: mess up). They've promised me a 2013 Laura dsg as a loaner car but I am yet to check the same.
Old 25th June 2016, 23:59   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten View Post
Hi guys i have the gearbox problem in my superb 2011 can i order mechatronic and multiclutch online from somewhere
Even if you were to source the mechatronic from outside India, finding a mechanic with the expertise to replace and code the mechatronic would be difficult.

Your best bet is to take it to the dealer's workshop and get it replaced. There is a chance that they may still replace them under goodwill warranty or atleast bear part of the cost.
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:01   #75
BHPian

Docsr -
Your car is registered in jan 2014. What is manufacturing month? I was under impression that there are no new DSG issues reported after 2014 manufactured cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks