Team-BHP - ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/190894-ecu-remaps-about-tools-software-tuners-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4307493)
Yes VW will not roll back the software. I was talking about rolling back the software through a tuner. In this case too VW can void warranty?

I have no idea if VW would void warranty. I can only say that VW can detect that you have rolled back the software. The software version would be different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4307500)
I have no idea if VW would void warranty. I can only say that VW can detect that you have rolled back the software. The software version would be different.

Would this be detected during a regular scan (say during a regular service) or would they need to probe deeper?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4307805)
Would this be detected during a regular scan (say during a regular service) or would they need to probe deeper?

I believe their diagnostic tool would show the software version and it's pretty easy.

There is a sale going on for Revo Remaps. The discount is upto 25% for Remaps. You need to go online fill up the details and voucher is mailed to you which you can use it for remap. I've got the voucher, mostly will use it to get my Jetta remapped. Will keep this group posted on developments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhkum (Post 4311543)
There is a sale going on for Revo Remaps. The discount is upto 25% for Remaps. You need to go online fill up the details and voucher is mailed to you which you can use it for remap. I've got the voucher, mostly will use it to get my Jetta remapped. Will keep this group posted on developments.

Black Friday offers :D

Good choice, you can never go wrong with tuners like Revo Technik, APR etc.

Looks like there are offers from other brands also. Superchip ( UK based remap ) is offering 15% discount. Now coming back to Jetta, need to finalise one of them. Pricing wise both are almost equivalent. Dealer wise one of them is backed by KSM in Mumbai and other by N1 racing/engineering in Mumbai hence not too much to diffrenciate. Now here comesv the twist, Revo website states that Jetta 110 TDI to be almost equivalent to 140 TDI hence the upside to remap is huge. Revo is quoting almost 170 hp/360 + torque against 140/320 of superchip. Both of them are obd based Remaps and don't need to open the ECU. All this has confused me, hence asking the expert's on their views.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhkum (Post 4311937)
Looks like there are offers from other brands also. Superchip ( UK based remap ) is offering 15% discount. Now coming back to Jetta, need to finalise one of them. Pricing wise both are almost equivalent. Dealer wise one of them is backed by KSM in Mumbai and other by N1 racing/engineering in Mumbai hence not too much to diffrenciate. Now here comesv the twist, Revo website states that Jetta 110 TDI to be almost equivalent to 140 TDI hence the upside to remap is huge. Revo is quoting almost 170 hp/360 + torque against 140/320 of superchip. Both of them are obd based Remaps and don't need to open the ECU. All this has confused me, hence asking the expert's on their views.

Revo seems better as the same Jetta 2.0 TDI block is in the A5/A6/Passat and generates around 170 HP odd

Check if you could speak to anyone who has got the tuning done on their Jetta in your city - That could be a great pointer :thumbs up

I would like to mention about GT Tunerz here. I have been to many tuners in India and only GT Tunerz have the highest number of tools. They can support many cars and have fully OBD solution for New Endeavour 3.2 diesel(I believe they are the only one in India to offer OBD remap for this car now). GT Tunerz are official dealers for Quantum UK and APR remaps. I know few guys who have got remaps from them and the feedback is positive.

They were the first ones to remap new Figo diesel also in India (BHPian Bhuvan's car). Akshay had taken Figo ECU to Europe and helped CMD to crack the protocol. I appreciate Akshay and his team for investing on many tools and offering good support :)

Note : I am not associated with them or have any interests. I would be posting any new / unique stuff about remaps in this thread.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4315382)
(I believe they are the only one in India to offer OBD remap for this car now).

Interesting, would be interested to know what exactly they "remap" on the OBD side? Any idea there?

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 4315391)
Interesting, would be interested to know what exactly they "remap" on the OBD side? Any idea there?

Spike

I meant that the ECU read and write is possible through OBD port. For this particular ECU, it had to be opened and unlocked before (SID 209 I guess). GT Tunerz have got OBD solution as they have got many tools and one of them has OBD protocol :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4315392)
I meant that the ECU read and write is possible through OBD port. For this particular ECU, it had to be opened and unlocked before (SID 209 I guess). GT Tunerz have got OBD solution as they have got many tools and one of them has OBD protocol :)

Ok, I'm wondering what they would achieve by fiddling around with OBD. Apart from deleting some failure codes and "disabling" some fault paths, if that is what you are implying.? Do you by any chance know if they change calibrations for the OBD disable/control masks, failure class?

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 4315817)
Ok, I'm wondering what they would achieve by fiddling around with OBD. Apart from deleting some failure codes and "disabling" some fault paths, if that is what you are implying.? Do you by any chance know if they change calibrations for the OBD disable/control masks, failure class?

Spike

All these tuning tools basically hack into the OE system and read / write the files. The ECU has different levels of TPROT. Few ECUs have to be opened and put in boot mode to bypass tuning protection.

OBD port is just an access point to read or write the files. The tuner will flash the modded file through OBD port.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4315822)
Few ECUs have to be opened and put in boot mode to bypass tuning protection.

What still intrigues me is, how do they bypass tuning protection. Do you know how it is done?

Quote:

OBD port is just an access point to read or write the files. The tuner will flash the modded file through OBD port.
Oh, now I got your point.

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 4315824)
What still intrigues me is, how do they bypass tuning protection. Do you know how it is done?

Haha, I understand that lol:. I believe you work for OE and your job is the opposite :D

I am not very sure about how they bypass tuning protection. Nothing to do with the tuner here. It's all done by the ECU tuning tool manufacturers like Alientech, CMD, Magic Motorsports etc. I have read something like "seed key" is very important and these companies crack them and hack into OE system and bypass TPROT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4315829)
Haha, I understand that lol:. I believe you work for OE and your job is the opposite :D

I do, but I've nothing to do with tuning protection. My work revolves around the Torque structure in the car, but tuning protection is something which I find interesting.

Spike:cool: