Team-BHP - ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/190894-ecu-remaps-about-tools-software-tuners-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4386182)
Wolf Moto did such a fantastic job with my car that I have told Rajiv to now remap my VW Polo 1.6. The engine being naturally aspirated, I do not expect more than an 8% jump in power but I just can’t wait to get it done!!

Congrats on the remap and good luck on all the new found craziness ! clap:

I am very curious and interested in the remap and gains on the 1.6na petrol engine. Gains will be low but i guess there will be some substantial difference in driving.
Also, I was not aware that tuners actually worked on na engines owing to its low gains vs the cost. Or unless there is an exception for vag na engines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth_sx (Post 4388015)
I am very curious and interested in the remap and gains on the 1.6na petrol engine. Gains will be low but i guess there will be some substantial difference in driving.
Also, I was not aware that tuners actually worked on na engines owing to its low gains vs the cost. Or unless there is an exception for vag na engines.

Gains in NA cars are nowhere close, if compared to turbo charged engines. But I personally know few NA cars remapped by Rajiv / Wolf Moto, there was good difference in drivability and throttle response. It also depends on the cars. Few NA cars respond very well with just advancing the ignition timing by small margins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth_sx (Post 4388015)
Congrats on the remap and good luck on all the new found craziness ! clap:

Any car can be remapped, be it Naturally Aspirated or Turbo Charged engines. The remapping depends on the parameters changed. The gains achieved post remapping naturally aspirated engines are very low; 8% to 10% at the most. Most tuners also charge may be 5 to 10 times the cost (35k to 45k) to remap a car as this is usually a copy-past job of the map. No custom remapping like done by Wolf Moto. Majority tuners haven't even experienced remapping a naturally aspirated engine; so it is better to avoid it. The gains received on a turbo charged engine appear worth the amount of money paid. Imagine paying that kind of money for remapping a naturally aspirated engine with a gain of just 8%. Just a few cray guys like us would do that I guess. lol:

Fellow BHPian,

I have 2014 Polo 1.5 Highline. It has got software update after dieselgate around 45000 kms. in 2016. I just hated that one - ASS told me that my car will get smoother, and will have less grunt noise after 10k or so kms.

Now in April I had my 60k servicing - I did complain that it never got better, but in fact it has worsen to the extend that I have started hating my car. They said they will try to fine tune it. They did.

After that now its 2000 kms but no difference, same old bad grunt like tractors, no smoothness. This diesel mill does not just feel naturally aspirated like it used to. Now my 4 years extended warranty will be over in June 2018.

So any suggestions for auto-tuners (re-map) experts who will give me smoothness pre dieselgate update? Preferably in mumbai or pune (I know there would be no one in Nashik).

Also, looking forward to valuable suggestion in dealing with re-map experts such as price point, dos and donts etc.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickKohl123 (Post 4405126)
Fellow BHPian,
So any suggestions for auto-tuners (re-map) experts who will give me smoothness pre dieselgate update? Preferably in mumbai or pune (I know there would be no one in Nashik).

Also, looking forward to valuable suggestion in dealing with re-map experts such as price point, dos and donts etc.

Thanks in advance.

You can try Wolf moto. Infact they are visiting Mumbai and Pune i guess this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickKohl123 (Post 4405126)

1. Price should be around 20-30k from most of the tuners.

2. Use any GPS app or just capture the video of 30 to 120 kmph in stock map (3rd gear) and compare it with after remap to appreciate the real world gains. Do it on same stretch of road under similar conditions.

3. Most of the tuners have good tune for VAG diesel cars. But it's better not to do full throttle for long duration at higher speeds. EGT shoots up very quickly and it's bad for turbo.

Thank you fellow BHPian. I got in touch with wolfMoto - They will be visiting Mumbai/Pune in month of June sometime. Thanks for the Price point Dr. Naren - thats what initial estimate I have got over phone from wolfmoto.

Wolfmoto (Srikanth) mentioned it takes 3-4 sittings to exactly match my expectation. I am not sure how would it pan out - since I need to be exactly sure that I should be in town and should have time when wolfmoto plans to be in Mumbai/Pune. Hence any suggestion for a guy who is permanently based in the town? Of course if no one can match quality of work wolf is offering then I have no options left.

Also, Dr. Naren - could you please elaborate more on full throttle for long duration at higher speeds. Would it be okay to be above 120kmph in 5th (overdrive) gear? I have tasted my polo upto 160-170kmph on a track may be 3-4 mins in 5th gear. Would that be bad for turbo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickKohl123 (Post 4406127)
Wolfmoto (Srikanth) mentioned it takes 3-4 sittings to exactly match my expectation.

I guess he meant to fine tune / customise the map as per your specific requirements. They will have many tunes, you can try couple of them and finalise on what suits you.

Quote:

I am not sure how would it pan out - since I need to be exactly sure that I should be in town and should have time when wolfmoto plans to be in Mumbai/Pune. Hence any suggestion for a guy who is permanently based in the town?
Contact N1 racing Mumbai (Superchips UK Remap) or KS Motorsports (Revo remap).

Quote:

Also, Dr. Naren - could you please elaborate more on full throttle for long duration at higher speeds. Would it be okay to be above 120kmph in 5th (overdrive) gear? I have tasted my polo upto 160-170kmph on a track may be 3-4 mins in 5th gear. Would that be bad for turbo?
Thanks to our roads, we won't be able to do full throttle at higher speeds for long duration lol:. 120 kmph is perfectly fine. Doing much higher speeds are also fine, just that don't do full throttle for long duration. You can cruise at higher speeds without using full throttle :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4406197)
Doing much higher speeds are also fine, just that don't do full throttle for long duration

And what is that duration please? Why Not if the roads permit? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 4406804)
And what is that duration please? Why Not if the roads permit? :)

I can't tell the exact duration. It would vary from car to car. Most of the cars don't have EGT gauge and we won't know the readings. What I follow is if I do top seed run or maintain top speed under full throttle, I will lift off the pedal for few seconds and then floor again :D.

Hey everyone,

So I came across this post on Facebook by GT Tunerz who are into remapping of cars. So the post goes like this:

Quote:

Mercedes Benz A180 CDI remapped! A real life wolf in sheep's clothing with an increase of 96% in power!!! Curious how?

Read further to know how ;)

A couple of months ago we brought to you a CLA200 running a @quantumtuning stage 1 remap. We also revealed how Mercedes Benz is putting larger engines in certain cars to keep production costs low and then detuning them.
More information here https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...78114322258356

Well this week we had the same happen, this time with a A180 CDI. Instead of having a smaller engine fitted it actually has the 2.1L mill from the A220 or C220. What this means is explosive gains In performance!

Stock: 109 BHp 250Nm Torque

Tuned: absolutely mind blowing figures of 214 BHp and 420 NM Torque
Here is the link of the same.
https://www.facebook.com/gttunerz/ph...type=3&theater

Now my curiosity here is - They claim that Mercedes is putting larger engines in cars and detuning them; in this case a 2100 cc engine detuned to 109 bhp. Is this true? Does it even make sense? I can understand putting an engine of the same cubic capacity in different models and tuning the power output differently - like the 2.0 litre TDI engines in VAG cars. But having an engine of a higher cubic capacity and detuning it to such a large extent is something I am not convinced about. This is especially because I am sure there are other parts of the engine like the turbo for example which will need to be able to handle such a surge in power. Of course unless the turbo too is of a higher capacity.

What are the thoughts on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4439724)
So I came across this post on Facebook by GT Tunerz who are into remapping of cars. So the post goes like this:

That's almost double power with just remap. Yes, Mercedes uses the same engine in A180(India), A200 and A220. But, I am not sure if turbo, injectors and high pressure pump are same in all states of tune of this OM651 engine. If all the parts are same, then it should be possible to bump the power from 109 hp to 214 hp as claimed. 220d has stock output of 170 hp and it can do 214 hp with remap. We need to confirm if all the hardware parts are same in A 180d and A 220d.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4439724)
Now my curiosity here is - They claim that Mercedes is putting larger engines in cars and detuning them; in this case a 2100 cc engine detuned to 109 bhp. Is this true? Does it even make sense? I can understand putting an engine of the same cubic capacity in different models and tuning the power output differently - like the 2.0 litre TDI engines in VAG cars. But having an engine of a higher cubic capacity and detuning it to such a large extent is something I am not convinced about. This is especially because I am sure there are other parts of the engine like the turbo for example which will need to be able to handle such a surge in power. Of course unless the turbo too is of a higher capacity.

What are the thoughts on this?

Its only in India that we get the 180d and 200d with the same 2.1 engine as in the 220d. Everywhere else in the world the A180 has a 1.5l engine putting out 110bhp. Mercedes probably found it easier to add the 2.1l engine since they use it in so many vehicles here and manufacture it here too. What is surprising and funny is that they detuned it to the same bhp as the 1.5l, evidently making those cars a tuners best friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay1234 (Post 4439936)
Its only in India that we get the 180d and 200d with the same 2.1 engine as in the 220d. Everywhere else in the world the A180 has a 1.5l engine putting out 110bhp. Mercedes probably found it easier to add the 2.1l engine since they use it in so many vehicles here and manufacture it here too. What is surprising and funny is that they detuned it to the same bhp as the 1.5l, evidently making those cars a tuners best friend.

So are you saying that Mercedes is putting in their cars a 2100 cc engines with other hardware capable of 200+ bhp power and badging them 1800 cc and detuning them to 110 bhp? In that case, it makes the Mercs fantastic value for money, no?

Hey guys. I am considering a remap for my octavia 2.0 TDI CR AT. Petes performance has quoted 29k for a remap which takes the power to 195hp 410nm. Most of the tuners have same figures mentioned on their respective websites. Should i go ahead with Petes or should consider other options too. Are Petes remaps relaible enough?