Team-BHP - ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/190894-ecu-remaps-about-tools-software-tuners-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL (Post 4444916)
Hey guys. I am considering a remap for my octavia 2.0 TDI CR AT. Petes performance has quoted 29k for a remap which takes the power to 195hp 410nm.

29k? I don't think the price is that high from Pete's. Please recheck.

195 hp with just remap? I am very skeptical. 2.0 TDI should do around 175 hp with stage 1 remap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4444926)
29k? I don't think the price is that high from Pete's. Please recheck.

195 hp with just remap? I am very skeptical. 2.0 TDI should do around 175 hp with stage 1 remap.

Hi Naren. I got the quote from Pete's official FB page. They told this is a limited period offer and post September the price will be 33k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL (Post 4444941)
Hi Naren. I got the quote from Pete's official FB page. They told this is a limited period offer and post September the price will be 33k.

Hmmm.. Few BHPians got their 2.0 TDI remapped for 16 or 17k from Pete's last year. 2.0 TDI remaps were included in their offer price then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4444943)
Hmmm.. Few BHPians got their 2.0 TDI remapped for 16 or 17k from Pete's last year. 2.0 TDI remaps were included in their offer price then.

Jetta had the ea189 engine. My octavia has the ea288. I guess that is why the difference in price. How about revo and apr. They both are available for 42k. Are they worth the price over Pete's, quantum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL (Post 4449201)
Jetta had the ea189 engine. My octavia has the ea288. I guess that is why the difference in price.

Hmm, I don't think so. May be the tuned file supplier was different last year.

Quote:

How about revo and apr. They both are available for 42k. Are they worth the price over Pete's, quantum.
APR and Revo are world leaders for VAG cars. I would recommend their maps for turbo petrol over any other tuner.

Diesel remaps are nothing complicated. Most of the tuners can give good power.

But, I am very sure that APR and Revo do lot of testing and then release the maps to public. 42k is a decent price for these international brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 4386434)
I own a rapid dsg and I am strictly holding back from any remap to improve the power delivery without increasing the torque or power figures, but I am thinking it is simply not worth the risk, given the not so great track record of DSG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4386447)
In your case yes, it would probably be risky especially since it involves the DQ200 DSG gearbox. But then, there are many GT TSI Polos & Rapids running remaps with no issues till now.

Usually when VAG cars with the DSG are remapped isn't it important to remap the TCU(ecu for the transmission?) as well? Maybe the cars which only had their engines remapped and not the gearbox are those that should be worried or they're the ones that developed issues later on?

Could anyone with experience with the above points share a clearer picture?

Cheers!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turrrb0 (Post 4449751)
Usually when VAG cars with the DSG are remapped isn't it important to remap the TCU(ecu for the transmission?) as well?

It's not necessary to do TCU remap. But, TCU + ECU remap would deliver the power in a better way :).

Quote:

Maybe the cars which only had their engines remapped and not the gearbox are those that should be worried or they're the ones that developed issues later on?
Many stock cars with DQ200 gearbox also had failures. Nothing to do with ECU remap.

TVS Engineering, Netherlands DSG maps for DQ200 have got very good reviews. I believe there are 4 dealers in India at Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kochi.

Attaching a snapshot from their brochure regarding DQ200

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4449977)
It's not necessary to do TCU remap. But, TCU + ECU remap would deliver the power in a better way :).

Thanks for the info @Dr.Naren. You really seem to know your stuff regarding this topic, kudos!

I don't own any VAG vehicle, but I'm always curious about what's up.

Quote:

TVS Engineering, Netherlands DSG maps for DQ200 have got very good reviews. I believe there are 4 dealers in India at Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kochi.
I'm aware of the Kochi dealer as I follow them on Instagram. That's how I came to know about the DSG remap, and came to TBHP to find out some more. :)

Cheers! :)

Is there a possibility to improve performance of a naturally aspirated 1.6 MPI engine in Vento? I don't wish to cut wires etc. Most reputed tuners in the country have suggested not to do anything to a NA engine. However, K&N air filter is a good way to feel a tad better. Anyone who has tried the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4451665)
Is there a possibility to improve performance of a naturally aspirated 1.6 MPI engine in Vento? I don't wish to cut wires etc. Most reputed tuners in the country have suggested not to do anything to a NA engine. However, K&N air filter is a good way to feel a tad better. Anyone who has tried the same?

It is possible but the results are very negligible; around 8% increase in power. They will usually play with the timing and will charge you around 15k-20k for the same which is probably not worth it and hence they stay away from doing naturally aspirated cars all together. I have a VW Polo 1.6 Petrol and will be getting mine done soon.

Adding a K&N filter, cold air intake, exhaust will add to the performance post remap though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4451694)
It is possible but the results are very negligible; around 8% increase in power. They will usually play with the timing and will charge you around 15k-20k for the same which is probably not worth it and hence they stay away from doing naturally aspirated cars all together. I have a VW Polo 1.6 Petrol and will be getting mine done soon.

Adding a K&N filter, cold air intake, exhaust will add to the performance post remap though.

Yeah. So better not to waste money on these filters is what you meant to say?

It is fun to drive when you put the xtra premium petrol from IOL or else it is just not good as a turbo charged one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4451747)
Yeah. So better not to waste money on these filters is what you meant to say?

It is fun to drive when you put the xtra premium petrol from IOL or else it is just not good as a turbo charged one.

Well it is like this - the filters alone will not give you a major jump in power. So yes, not point in wasting money on that alone if you want performance. You may feel a slight difference in engine performance in terms of it being smoother and a bit more open I guess. I have personally found a similar effect with premium fuel but it is barely noticeable. However, a remap + K&N Filter + Cold Air Intake +Exhaust, etc will give a noticeable bump in power and driveability.

It is not match to a turbo powered car though. The turbo makes all the difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4439724)
Now my curiosity here is - They claim that Mercedes is putting larger engines in cars and detuning them; in this case a 2100 cc engine detuned to 109 bhp. Is this true?

Well , the pre-LCI BMW F20 also has 3 models - the 114i , 116i and the 118i all running the same N13 engine detuned in the former 2 models.100 bhp all the way up to 170 bhp and the only difference is the map and an oil heat exchanger part on the 118i.

The 114i is actually remap-able to almost 230 bhp!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrjun (Post 4466477)
Well , the pre-LCI BMW F20 also has 3 models - the 114i , 116i and the 118i all running the same N13 engine detuned in the former 2 models.100 bhp all the way up to 170 bhp and the only difference is the map and an oil heat exchanger part on the 118i.

The 114i is actually remap-able to almost 230 bhp!

But is it remap-able to 230 bhp with just the ECU software? No hardware required to be changed/modified?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4467144)
But is it remap-able to 230 bhp with just the ECU software? No hardware required to be changed/modified?

Yes just an ECU flash bumps up power. But obviously for reliability it is advised to change charge pipes, downpipe and probably the FMIC.

P. S The DME is now flash able via the OBD 2 port