Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 13:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda forgot to advise dealers to remove vRS suspension blocks (used for transporting)

I want this post to be here to show how after all the good dealing done by TAFE, they have been let down by Skoda India itself.

I spoke to Mr Jose Mathew, a senior person in TAFE and he confirmed that Skoda itself didnt inform the dealership about the suspension spacers.

I will have to hold Skoda India responsible for this mess. How in heaven's name can they miss out this critical piece of information?

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th October 2017 at 14:53. Reason: Added to main post as requested.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 13:52   #17
BHPian

re: Skoda forgot to advise dealers to remove vRS suspension blocks (used for transporting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I had already driven 4600 kms in total and I was in Calicut.

This morning, I went to my car, used the supplied jack, jacked up the front wheels and looked for the spacers. I found 5! 2 on the right side and 3 on the left side!

They cannot pass this on to Skoda!
Quote:
Will anyone actually understand the implications of driving at highway speeds with such blocks inserted in the suspension? Does Skoda have enough technical knowhow to understand the implications of this?
First of all, I am very sorry to hear about your ordeal.

A dealer represents the company. I don't see how Skoda is out of this picture. they need to pull up the dealer and order for a thorough investigation into the matter and ensure your shocks are in good condition, this is just my opinion.

I thought skoda was improving, but recently when my brother in law wanted to get a Rapid, I discouraged him a lot just because their services anywhere aren't good or acceptable.
Old 6th October 2017, 14:14   #18
BHPian

I'm having serious thoughts about cancelling the octavia and booking an elantra after this thread. Sigh it's really really sad that no one at skoda actually cares about it's customers
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 14:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How in heaven's name can they miss out this critical piece of information?
Skoda hasn't given any VRS specific training to any dealership. (Unlike the Kodiaq where all dealerships have received training)

They seem to have thought that the car is similar to the 1.8 TSI for the most part!

Be extra careful when you have any VRS specific issues that need to be resolved.

Last edited by AMG Power : 6th October 2017 at 14:40.
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 14:44   #20
BHPian

I guess caveat emptor still applies while buying a Skoda. Shame, since most of their products are extremely competent and offer maximum bang for the buck.
Old 6th October 2017, 14:58   #21
BHPian

Unfortunately, the more you look around, the lesser the number of cars you see which have the combination of capabilities and price. In this particular case, for a change, it is Skoda India and not the dealer who is the primary culprit.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:04   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Skoda hasn't given any VRS specific training to any dealership. (Unlike the Kodiaq where all dealerships have received training)

They seem to have thought that the car is similar to the 1.8 TSI for the most part!

Be extra careful when you have any VRS specific issues that need to be resolved.
I experienced that with my Octavia vRS. I ended up becoming one of the unofficial vRS expert for fault finding after that!
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 15:09   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda forgot to advise dealers to remove vRS suspension blocks (used for transporting)

I can say after a short drive around Calicut that the car's suspension feels a lot better now. I am happy that the ride quality has improved.

My mood doesnt allow me to enjoy this for now. It will take some time for my anger to subside and to truly enjoy the softer ride.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 15:09   #24
BHPian

Re: Skoda forgot to advise dealers to remove vRS suspension blocks (used for transporting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I experienced that with my Octavia vRS. I ended up becoming one of the unofficial vRS expert for fault finding after that!
Super, I will shamelessly pick your brain if I do suspect something in my RS Particularly as this is my first Skoda. Though I must say that GM did manage to deliver a half-Skoda experience (or lack of it) during my ownership of Aveo over the past decade.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:23   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Are these spacers likely to be on the normal 1.8s too? Do I need to check my Style Plus? :-(
Old 6th October 2017, 15:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great to hear ride has improved !
Quote:
I want this post to be here to show how after all the good dealing done by TAFE, they have been let down by Skoda India itself.

I spoke to Mr Jose Mathew, a senior person in TAFE and he confirmed that Skoda itself didnt inform the dealership about the suspension spacers.
Wouldn't Skoda be using suspension spacers on normal Octavia and Superb as well ? Abroad they do use spacers on all cars! I saw discussions on spacers on Superb not removed by dealers in briskoda forums...

BTW, Skoda customer care had just called about feedback on my Superb, and I mentioned to them this incident briefly.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 6th October 2017 at 15:27.
Old 6th October 2017, 16:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
After lifting the strut boot about halfway from the bottom and also doing a bit of poking/feeling the strut thru the boot, I'm about 95% sure there aren't any spacers in my car. Do you guys think I should still take it to the A.S.S. to get it checked?
To be 100% sure, I did jack up the car on both sides and confirmed the result. Just for additional info, my car was the first RS to be delivered from Autobahn Prabhadevi. I spoke to my sales guy also today and he didn't have the faintest idea about what i was talking about. He also confirmed that with the later RS deliveries, he was present for the PDI at Autobahn Kurla and they have not removed any spacers.
Old 6th October 2017, 16:20   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It's in everyone's best interests for Skoda to simply stop fitting the suspension blocks at the factory. Skoda is clearly at fault here, but even if they had trained dealers or provided a checklist, most dealers would just yawn through it and tick all the checkboxes without doing anything.

This just sounds like an unnecessary add-on that offers more pain (due to no-removal) than benefit.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 16:35   #29
BHPian

Just when I thought things were improving at Skoda, one more horror story emerges. Had at one time thought of buying a Skoda Yeti or a Fabia, but Harish's experience dissuaded me thoroughly. The problem is that the mother company (Volkswagen AG) has also brands such as Audi under its umbrella and the experience of owners in India seem to be far from good. I've decided its better to stick with known brands like Maruti and Hyundai - not saying they're perfect, incidents like these seem to be much less with them.
Old 6th October 2017, 16:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's in everyone's best interests for Skoda to simply stop fitting the suspension blocks at the factory. Skoda is clearly at fault here, but even if they had trained dealers or provided a checklist, most dealers would just yawn through it and tick all the checkboxes without doing anything.

This just sounds like an unnecessary add-on that offers more pain (due to no-removal) than benefit.
Skoda not informing the dealers leads me to believe that Skoda India does not even know the existence of these spacers in the strut. They must be importing the strut of the RS as a complete package and its very likely that the strut ships with these already inserted from the factory. When they bolt on the parts here in India they wouldn't even know its there.

Skoda India is completely clueless about its operations.
Sankar is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks