Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 16:31   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

you need to find the correct software and correct interface cable. and finally, you need to ensure that the software recognizes the cable! things will be smooth if you buy the cable and software from the same company. ross-tech sells cable and software for VW family vehicles including the new octavia (Golf-V) and is the 'definitive' software as far as VW family vehicles are concerned. a buddy of mine is bringing it for me this month. one more toy :-)
Old 25th August 2007, 13:44   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Hey fellows, can anyone tell me where's the OBD port located in MPFI Esteem (2007 model)?
In the Zen it is located driver side under the dash closed to the boot release lever. Guessing that the esteem would have a similar location.
rohan_fonseca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2007, 14:17   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sss View Post
However it does work on Ikon, 1st generation Santros.
Hi Sss, Where is the OBD port in the Santro? I looked under then steering wheel and couldn't find anything like a OBD connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Update
ScanGuage2 is compatible on Hyundai Accent.
Hello dilipkumar7278, How's your SGII doing? Jus wanted to ask where is the OBD port in the Accent? Btw does this SGII work on the CRDi version too?

cya
A
Old 26th August 2007, 07:14   #64
BANNED

Hi
Nicely resting...Both my cars Lancer and Baleno are non compliable with it. I tested it on petrol Accent.It is just under the steering column.It should work on CRDI
Old 26th August 2007, 12:46   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Hi Sss, Where is the OBD port in the Santro? I looked under then steering wheel and couldn't find anything like a OBD connector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
I tested it on petrol Accent.It is just under the steering column.
Hey Sss, I found the OBD connector in Santro. Thanks dilipkumar7278. The OBD connector is in the same place as in the accent, right under the steering column. I've added pictures for the location in the Santro.

The top of the picture shows the OBD port.

This is the OBD port..

Unfortunately It doesn't connect. It keeps on connecting even after a long time. This is on a Santro Xing btw.

I'll shall try it on the Santro ZipDrive, Accent CRDi and give updates.

cya
A
Old 26th August 2007, 13:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

is the 2007 ALTO Lxi OBD compatible?? if so, where can i find the port in it?? suggestions guys??
Old 26th August 2007, 13:13   #67
BHPian

Q:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
is the 2007 ALTO Lxi OBD compatible??
A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sss View Post
The Scanguage does not work in Swift, nor in any of the Maruti cars. All MPFI Maruti's do come with OBD II ports but somehow the output is not compatible with Scanguage.
Q:
Quote:
if so, where can i find the port in it?? suggestions guys??
A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
In the Zen it is located driver side under the dash closed to the boot release lever. Guessing that the esteem would have a similar location.
A:
Quote:
Try and look within that location badboyscad.
cya
A

Last edited by Absar : 26th August 2007 at 13:14.
Old 27th August 2007, 08:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

@ absar..if the scangauge doesnt work with maruti vehicles, then is there any other OBD device that can be used in an ALTO..please let me know..
Old 27th August 2007, 08:59   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
you need to find the correct software and correct interface cable. and finally, you need to ensure that the software recognizes the cable! things will be smooth if you buy the cable and software from the same company. ross-tech sells cable and software for VW family vehicles including the new octavia (Golf-V) and is the 'definitive' software as far as VW family vehicles are concerned. a buddy of mine is bringing it for me this month. one more toy :-)
Hi,

Any idea where the connection port is on the Laura? What cable are you getting? Serial/USB? What is this going to be costing you?
Old 27th August 2007, 09:34   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Hi,

Any idea where the connection port is on the Laura? What cable are you getting? Serial/USB? What is this going to be costing you?
Found the port - its just above the hood release but still wanted to know the cost and what kind of cable you are getting?

Thanks
Old 27th August 2007, 11:28   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

i am getting the hex+can-USB cable. the cost is 349 USD plus shipping (no tax for out-of-state shipping i think.) i will be able to tell you if it works OK in a weeks time, maybe.
Old 27th August 2007, 11:35   #72
BHPian

Quote:
@ absar..if the scangauge doesnt work with maruti vehicles, then is there any other OBD device that can be used in an ALTO..please let me know..
Well, I'm sorry I do not know anything here. Nobody has tried any other OBD tool on maruti other than SG. The only thing that comes to my mind about an OBD tool that works in Maruti is their Scanner named Tech-II, posted earlier in this thread. EDIT: It's below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
This is how it works for the baleno's .. The scanner is called Tech - II ..
cya
A
Old 30th August 2007, 17:40   #73
BHPian

For the Alto (& other Maruti cars), the OBD scan tool, is it this one ?

More details here - ETAS - Tech 2 (GM) - Diagnostic Troubleshooting - Service Diagnostics - Applications & Solutions - ETAS Products

I gather that GM, & hence Suzuki, uses ISO (ISO 9141 ?) for OBD-II, although I'm not sure. Maybe fellow team-bhp members who works for Maruti could help ? Anyway, this tool allows reprogramming of the ECU, & would be overkill for those of us wishing to just take a peek.

To the RaceDynamics guys, first of all, keep up the good work, second of all, are you by any chance using ScanTool's VTach ? Saw a CNBC show on you guys & thought an interface you were using in it looked similar...
Old 30th August 2007, 23:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post

More details here - ETAS - Tech 2 (GM) - Diagnostic Troubleshooting - Service Diagnostics - Applications & Solutions - ETAS Products

I gather that GM, & hence Suzuki, uses ISO (ISO 9141 ?) for OBD-II, although I'm not sure. Maybe fellow team-bhp members who works for Maruti could help ? Anyway, this tool allows reprogramming of the ECU, & would be overkill for those of us wishing to just take a peek.

To the RaceDynamics guys, first of all, keep up the good work, second of all, are you by any chance using ScanTool's VTach ? Saw a CNBC show on you guys & thought an interface you were using in it looked similar...
Can obd be used for reprograming as well??
Old 31st August 2007, 10:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post

Yes this is the tool for programming Suzuki vehicles. But keep in mind that this only works from M800's to the Swift. It does not work with the SX4.

Most Viewed