Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2010, 15:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Mine is gray background and white dials minus the CF stickers, this must be a diesel lancers instrument cluster as my tacho has upto 8k RPM with redlining at 7K RPM.

Pramod
I missed that one at first. Mine also has a 8K Rpm dial. Havent seen the old dials since a long time though.

PS: I wanted to get the 1.8 headlights for my car but was told they wont fit.
Old 15th August 2010, 17:12   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
New bonnet and new grill is needed for the 1.8 headlights to fit.
Old 15th August 2010, 21:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I missed that one at first. Mine also has a 8K Rpm dial. Havent seen the old dials since a long time though.

As vid said the 1.8 is based on EVO 5 design, the 4 things you need to change along with lights is bonnet, bumper and grill
Old 15th August 2010, 22:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

yes and even after that I wont be getting headlight adjustment. Along with Auto folding mirrors, that's two things I sorely miss on my car. But then I shouldn't fix what aint broken.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 15th August 2010 at 23:10.
Old 15th August 2010, 23:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got Motul X8100 for 975 while at the dealership it retails for 1175.
the MRP from HM shows that kind of price (I had seen the HM official letter on it to the dealer/workshop). But what I was actually charged by A.S.C. was under Rs. 1000/l so I don't see any reason to get it from outside then.
Also, they are willing to charge you only for 3.3l and not the 4l in which the can comes ...

Auto-folding mirrors were available on the SLX model IIRC.

MY tacho meter redlines at 6.5K and goes upto 8k in the dial

Last edited by lancer_rit : 15th August 2010 at 23:04.
Old 16th August 2010, 01:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is gray background and white dials minus the CF stickers, this must be a diesel lancers instrument cluster as my tacho has upto 8k RPM with redlining at 7K RPM.
Pramod
Yes, you are right. I picked up this picture from Elf's gallery.

I wonder how he took that picture driving at 180+ kmph
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer sfx, slx and glx -- Body differences (If any?)-i2047.jpg  

Old 16th August 2010, 11:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
the MRP from HM shows that kind of price (I had seen the HM official letter on it to the dealer/workshop). But what I was actually charged by A.S.C. was under Rs. 1000/l so I don't see any reason to get it from outside then.
Also, they are willing to charge you only for 3.3l and not the 4l in which the can comes ...

Auto-folding mirrors were available on the SLX model IIRC.

MY tacho meter redlines at 6.5K and goes upto 8k in the dial
Autonova Ahmedabad is the last place I can trust for quality work and reasonable prices.

I was shown NGK plugs for 300 rs and my car was fitted with bosch for 800 plus. Also I confirmed the price for Motul to be 1000+.

I think driving all the way to your place to get my car serviced might turn out to be a better bet than going with Autonova.

Wonder how they bill the ignorant people!

Auto folding mirrors were part of LE and SLX models. Headlight adjustment has been only recently available on the lx models.
Old 16th August 2010, 12:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Headlight adjustment has been only recently available on the lx models.

Its been there from day one, only difference as you said the auto leveler came in the lx model, earlier it was manual.

Pramod
Old 16th August 2010, 12:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Autonova Ahmedabad is the last place I can trust for quality work and reasonable prices.
Oh, seems you have bad A.S.S. issues :-(
A.S.C. in BLR has been average to good... I'll post the exact charge once I am back in BLR and look up the bill!

@pramodkumar, where is this manual adjust lever located ? Wasn't really aware it can be done from the cabin.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 16th August 2010 at 12:07.
Old 16th August 2010, 12:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its been there from day one, only difference as you said the auto leveler came in the lx model, earlier it was manual.

Pramod
If you mean adjusting the headlights from the bulb section, yes. The know next to the steering has come into place only recently.
Old 16th August 2010, 12:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you mean adjusting the headlights from the bulb section, yes.

Not exactly there are 2 knobs, one which takes care of the horizontal level and the other one takes care of the vertical alignment

Quote:
next to the steering has come into place only recently.
That is new and came in the LX model onwards.

Pramod
Old 18th August 2010, 04:14   #57
BHPian

This is but could not resist from posting here...

In my quest to find a good USED Lancer, I went to the A.S.S hoping they may also deal in used cars. I meekly asked the attractive receptionist and she beamed with a big YES! they do indeed but not officially. Then I met a couple of mechanics and one of them offered to show me a modified Lancer that belongs to an enthusiast customer who wishes to sell his SFXi since he is waiting for a new Cedia booked at their dealership. So during lunch time we go to this guy's place and WOW! there she was, a Red & Black beauty with custom painted hood and bonnet, modded to the hilt.
K&N filters, free-flow exhaust, spitfire something, a 2-tone spoiler, 15' alloys with low profile super-wide tyres, 3 display meters mounted on the dash aimed at the driver, plush leather interiors, ICE worth 70K with 6 speakers and 8-inch display for movies/divx/mp3, race car steering wheel with push-button start, a funky horn, 4k worth fog lamps, LEDs .....

The owner offered me a test drive but I refused since I have never driven a Lancer before, so this guy takes me for a ride and Oh boy, I am in a tizzy.

I dare not ask for the price but he offered all this for 2.5 L
Now that was tempting but this baby was 2002 model with 68K on the odo and repainted 2 times (just because it had some scratches). On our way back I explained to the mechanic that I am just looking for a plain old GLX/SLX, I need the extra ground clearance since I drive on bad patches regularly. He said the owner has retained all the old parts (14' alloys, Michelin tyres, stock exhaust, steering, even nuts and bolts!!) and these are all bonus at the same price. If I don't want the mods, he would fit the stock parts back on and return the rest to the owner and get the price down to 2L, that guy can very well use these mods on the Cedia. As regards the engine / suspension - all original / untouched and does not even need a regular service.

So then why does he not advertise to sell? I asked. I bet he will get a much better price. The mechanic was visibly emotional and said that the owner wishes to sell it only to a genuine buyer who will take good care of his baby.

Any takers? ... don't ask me, I am still in a tizzy!
--------------------------------
warm regards
Chewbacca
Old 26th August 2010, 01:13   #58
BHPian

Well, finally I found a perfect Lancer and purchased it yesterday.
It's a 2001 SLXi original colour, single owner, 58K on the odo, everything stock except the rear spoiler, always serviced at the A.S.S, superbly maintained, scratchless and without a single dent.

I was lucky to find this doctor owned vehicle that was always parked in a proper garage - probably that's why the age does not show. I drove it back home - first time driven a Lancer and was amazed at the super silent yet eager to rev engine. I am used to driving an Alto and Wagon-R and their engines always sound busy even at low speeds.

On my way back home after taking possession of the car, I felt like it stalled at the red light and tried 3-4 times restarting the car. It just make some noise but won't start ....then I realized the engine was already running and I was simply cranking the engine that had never stalled!!

Did I cause damage to the engine?
Also, does anyone have the owner's manual? .... that's the only thing I did not get from the previous owner.

---------------------------
warm regards
Chewbacca
Old 26th August 2010, 09:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

You didnt cause damage to the engine. But dont do it again and again.

you can google for the manual unless someone here has it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks