Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2021, 17:52   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!

To add to the list, the same thing happened to me on Saturday Night.

We had driven down to Pune from Mumbai with friends for a break. Fortunately reached our destination in one piece without any issues. Came down later that night for a quick grocery run. The car refused to move that time, with a bit of grinding noise. Turned off the car immediately and got out. Was standing in a massive puddle of oil. Feared it was engine oil at first. Called Ford immediately and the vehicle was towed within an hour. Got a call from Ford today that the torque converter is damaged. Getting the replacement under warranty (thank heavens for extended warranty). Although, they said that the part will be sent to Ford, following which a new TC will be shipped by them from Chennai. Expected time: 1 month!

Will keep sharing updates on this!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!-7b4cd387e7f444e08a1be7cf17ca6568.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!-b1902b60f8544979a3175e6b35db4473.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!-02ac7dc8a5b840e8b26c8d43eaf0d723.jpeg  

SA-G13B is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 18:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
Yesterday, my friend has encountered the same problem. His Endeavour went free in Gurgaon, and they had to get it towed to nearest Ford, Tanishq Ford.
- Tanishq Ford has quoted amount of 81,000 INR for the part of Torque Converter, which will be covered under warranty.
- But, they have asked for 10,000 INR for Labour Charges.

So, did @MadMonkey was also asked the same?
As, Labour Charges for this problem, that is being faced by many, as suggested from this forum, isn't fair.
Apologies for replying so late but i just saw your post .

I did not have to pay for labor or the part as everything was covered under warranty .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Any updates on how your issue was resolved Mad Monkey?
Ford replaced the Torque Converter under warranty .I did ask them if the new torque converter was updated or an improved version but got no reply .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Request you to please update this thread as to the performance of your Endeavour now and the issues faced.
Endeavour is doing okay right now . After the torque converter have faced the following problems
1) the front passenger inside door handle breaking off
2) Battery number 4 dying
3) Power tailgate Latch failing
4) Intake hose disintegrating

Last edited by Sheel : 24th May 2021 at 20:13. Reason: Please edit or multi quote your replies instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Mad Monkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 18:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
Endeavour is doing okay right now . After the torque converter have faced the following problems
1) the front passenger inside door handle breaking off
2) Battery number 4 dying
3) Power tailgate Latch failing
4) Intake hose disintegrating
Thanks for the update.
However these issues are general and not directly linked to the torque converter.

How come your battery is dieing so fast?
Please get the electricals checked.
Old 11th September 2021, 10:10   #34
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!

Hello everyone.

With the recent sad announcement of the exit, I'm planning to get a 3.2L in a year or two because I'm really determined now.

So I have a couple of questions if someone can answer:
1) Are there still issues popping up with the 6R80 Torque Converter?
2) Anything else that I should be on the lookout for?
3) Or should I try to squeeze out a BS6 2.0 with the newer 10R80? (may have to take a loan then)
4) Will a remap help with the 2.0 being slow?
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 11:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
1) Are there still issues popping up with the 6R80 Torque Converter?
2) Anything else that I should be on the lookout for?
3) Or should I try to squeeze out a BS6 2.0 with the newer 10R80? (may have to take a loan then)
Being a 3.2 owner, my suggestion is to go for a pre owned 3.2. With the Ford India restructuring, you can negotiate more.
There are once in a while issues with the 6R80. Make sure you for a 3.2 or any Endeavour which is still in the extended warranty, so that you can extend till 6 years.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 12:19   #36
BHPian

Another Torque converter failure in a 2016 3.2 AT here in Chennai at 66000kms on the odo. Out of warranty.

* This incident happened yesterday, 6 Feb 2022 - about 6PM

* This incident happened just 1 day after the vehicle came back from it periodic service at a Ford authorised service center at Coimbatore. Cost of service Rs 11,241 (Invoice attached)

* I had the CKD sensor replaced just a couple of months ago and the cost borne by myself. Service done at ASC/ Hans Ford, Guindy, Chennai

* While on the NH/GST road near Villupuram, I felt a jerk from the engine bay and a subsequent loss of power

* Vehicle was not accelerating even though the engine was revving up to the pedal input

* Used the momentum to maneuver and park the vehicle over the shoulder. Outsiders could hear metal rattling noise

* Vehicle cranks, engine runs but no movement when gears selected

* Got the vehicle towed to my home since it was 3AM when the recovery vehicle reached city limits

Very anxious and upset - I was travelling with my family - Wife, Son (4yr) and baby boy (just turned 1 year).

Members / Those who have faced this - Kindly guide me on how to proceed further with Ford.

Thank you very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!-untitled.jpg  

vijay.sundar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 13:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Another Torque converter failure in a 2016 3.2 AT here in Chennai at 66000kms on the odo. Out of warranty.
Is your issue resolved? Any update?
Old 9th March 2022, 15:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post

* This incident happened yesterday, 6 Feb 2022 - about 6PM
What's the update hope you manager to get it replaced under some recall program.
Old 25th April 2022, 16:12   #39

Do all 3.2 AT Endy face this kind of failures? I just bought a 2016 3.2 a couple of months back and I am too worried after reading this issue of Torque Converter failures. I think my Endy is out of Warranty now. Is there any way I can find how my TC is and take some precautionary steps?
parthi.dorai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Which variant and year is it?
Endeavour's Model is - 3.2 AT 2018
Old 19th September 2023, 16:29   #41
Team-BHP Support

And it happened to our Endeavour 3.2 L, while overtaking vehicle suddenly lost power. No forward gears, just reverse working. Happened about 40 kms outside Shimoga. Fortunately no road incident happened and Ford RSA was good. Registered the complaint via call centre, made the payment online (RSA had expired and it was paid) and the vehicle arrived in about 90 Mts from Shimoga.

Vehicle is in Kaveri Ford Shimoga and expected downtime of 1 week for part to arrive, checking if a goodwill warranty happens. We had not renewed the extended warranty for last 2 years :( Fingers crossed.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 13:43   #42
BHPian

Reviving an old thread. I just got a call from my uncle who owns a 2017 3.2 Endeavour AWD in Mandi, HP. His son was driving the car on his way to Chandigarh and he faced the same issue just a few days back. I happened to check Ford Australia’s website where this problem has been accepted as a manufacturing defect with a recall program, however, Ford has not done anything of this sorts here in India. They simply chose to evade and now have offered them a meagre discount on the repair. In ideal cases, they should have prepared a public report for investigating the reason for the defects.
vgaquarius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 11:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Is your issue resolved? Any update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
What's the update hope you manager to get it replaced under some recall program.
Sorry, that I missed to reply.

Yes the issue was resolved. Part replaced under goodwill basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgaquarius View Post
Reviving an old thread. I just got a call from my uncle who owns a 2017 3.2 Endeavour AWD in Mandi, HP. His son was driving the car on his way to Chandigarh and he faced the same issue just a few days back. I happened to check Ford Australia’s website where this problem has been accepted as a manufacturing defect with a recall program, however, Ford has not done anything of this sorts here in India. They simply chose to evade and now have offered them a meagre discount on the repair. In ideal cases, they should have prepared a public report for investigating the reason for the defects.
Labour cost was about Rs 11,000 if I remember correctly. I had to pay only for the labour. Torque Converter was replaced and the cost borne by Ford India under goodwill warranty. It involved couple of emails to Ford Customer care and escalations before it was agreed to be replaced at their cost.

Downtime (in Chennai) was about 10 days. Vehicle has had no issues eversince.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by vijay.sundar : 19th January 2024 at 11:34.
vijay.sundar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 05:46   #44
BHPian

I had a Safari Dicor 2.2 and Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. In both cars warranty repairs were always free of cost (labour inclusive) So i am wondering why labour charges are billed to customer during warranty repairs ? Did anything change recently ? The whole purpose of having warranty/extended warranty becomes a moot point if you have to pay more for labour charges.
Old 21st January 2024, 06:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I had a Safari Dicor 2.2 and Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. In both cars warranty repairs were always free of cost (labour inclusive) So i am wondering why labour charges are billed to customer during warranty repairs ? Did anything change recently ? The whole purpose of having warranty/extended warranty becomes a moot point if you have to pay more for labour charges.
My car was out of the warranty period when this happened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks