Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2024, 09:44   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!

Hoping everyone had a great start to the year, slightly off topic, but seems like an American complacency habbit, I remember in 2013 in my Chevrolet Captiva, while driving to Shimla the sunroof, which was closed (winter mornings) just flew off, I could hear and feel the wind hitting the fabric cover, I assumed that by mistake the sunroof glass had opened up, but nope I realised on pressing the sunroof closing button, that only the metal frame was sliding and not the glass, it could have led to major disaster had someone been behind me, especially as I was on highway speeds, after ensuring no injury to anyone, I had to buy cardboards and tyre tubes from a local mechanic to cover the roof up, as it was snowing in the hills. In the meantime I called up both Chevrolet and Webasto Chandigarh, who said they have a Cruze sunroof, but not for the Captiva, on research I came to know it was a voluntary precautionary recall in the US but no word in India whatsoever, on asking they did agree and replace it for free, but that was it, my last penny to this American car maker, if an Indians life is less expensive than a white mans, I am sorry.
Old 7th February 2024, 00:16   #47

Re: Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
My car was out of the warranty period when this happened.

Hi Vijay, unfortunately we faced the same issue with our 2018 3.2L. We are also out of warranty, and would be grateful to get any assistance on this matter.

It happened this January 26th, while returning to Coimbatore on the Mysore highway. We suddenly felt a jerk, and the car went limp. Zero power delivery. Managed to park it safely and wait for Ford RSA (which took 2 hours).

Service centre confirmed that the Torque converter is busted and will need to be replaced. The vehicle has been parked there since. It has run a total of 1.3L km.

We are following up with Ford to assist in the matter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks