Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 19:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 wont start due to inactivity..Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
OK, why would the fuel mixture be rich if push start the vehicle. Are you saying its because of the low battery voltage.

As long as ECU is able to identify TDC and related timing regarding injection and ignition, I don't see any difference between a push start and cranking using self motor in a car with reasonably healthy battery.
AFAIK push start does not immediately start the vehicle as self start does. The time lag allows more rich mixture to pass through the exhaust system.

All of this is read from online forums where people listed their experience - never tried this myself or know anyone personally who did and fried his catcon.
Old 25th June 2013, 21:21   #92
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 wont start due to inactivity..Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
AFAIK push start does not immediately start the vehicle as self start does. The time lag allows more rich mixture to pass through the exhaust system.

All of this is read from online forums where people listed their experience - never tried this myself or know anyone personally who did and fried his catcon.
What I find interesting is this- apparently there is enough power being generated to run the fuel pump, but not enough for sparking(thus the unburnt fuel in the catcon)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks