Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2008, 18:07   #76
BHPian

This was my regular habit with the Santro. And had to go for the usual "one-foot-scale" trick which works quite well in my Santro. But I found that this is not easy with the newer models since their window rubber beadings are fixed with screws. My solution for this was finally to keep the keys separate from the remote control. So at least I will have the remote in my pocket to open the car.

Last edited by appuchan : 21st March 2008 at 18:11.
Old 21st March 2008, 19:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

I have done the "one-foot-scale" trick with 800, Zen and Santro. I have not done it any of the newer cars.

My autocop locks afer 1 min when the engine is turned on. Is there any way to disable this feature?
Old 21st March 2008, 20:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi Diabloo,
I have not been able to try this, as the NHC -2005 came with only 1 remote key. I think the newer ones come with 2 remotes. Not sure though if this would work.
I had tried it on my Indica which had the Xenos remote locking. It didnt work.

Last edited by hrman : 21st March 2008 at 20:17.
Old 21st March 2008, 20:24   #79
BHPian

I once locked the keys inside my Opel Corsa.
Tried all the tricks scale, wire, everything. even called the local mechanic but nothing worked out .
Luckily i was not far away from my place .
Went back to home at around 12 am, got duplicate keys and finally was inside my car.

Old 21st March 2008, 20:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Is there any way to disable this feature?
Good idea, need to check on that.

As we lock ourselves with seatbelt as soon as we start the engine, I will press the "door lock" button most of the times though it gets locked automatically.
Old 26th March 2008, 15:59   #81
BHPian

Got my Safari locked with engine running

Guys this happened last week with me. I was in ambala for some work and as per plan Igot up early on sunday to come back to delhi. I started the Safari and came out of it to load the luggage keeping driver door open. After loadin I closed the boot door and did not noticed that my daughter has pushed the driver door and it was not completely locked but it could not opened by pulling the lever. Now i was stuck outside with engine running without any spare keys 6 am in the morning. I thought to push the door but I remember that if do that it will get locked completely.
I tried to find ways to open the door or at least scroll the windows down, but could not find any way. After looking for about 20-30 minutes i saw taht there is small space betweenteh door and the rubber paddings, so i started looking for wire whcih can be pushed through that space to scroll down the windows. i luckly after struggling for some time I could manage to scroll down the windows and get inisde the vehicle.

Can some one who has such experinence cantell me what to do in these situations to get teh Safari unlocked. I have 2.2 LX version.
Old 26th March 2008, 16:08   #82
Senior - BHPian

i once locked my ikon keys inside had to take a long iron wire and i tired for 30 mins to open the lock of the car

finally got it open i can surely say its very scary
Old 26th March 2008, 16:39   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bruty : Can some one who has such experinence cantell me what to do in these situations to get teh Safari unlocked. I have 2.2 LX version.
@Bruty, I guess you have the factory fitted remote lock. If you do, it makes sense to down the driver side window glass half-way, as soon as you start the engine. This way, even if the door gets locked (as it is programmed to do so), you can still reach in and open the door.

The basic behaviour of the remote/central locking on your vehicle would be that it locks all the doors a few seconds after the engine comes to life. But this will happen only if all doors are shut. If your rear door was open, then the locking should not have happened.

On another note, I am surprised with the timing. Looks like you got out immediately after you started the engine. And your daughter closed the door immediately after you got out. But even if it actually happened this way, how did you open the rear door - the auto-lock action would have locked the rear door also, within the time it takes you to reach the rear after you alighting from the front.

I wont be surprised if something else happened - somebody else could have pressed the lock button on the remote unit.

One thing you could try in such a situation is to block the exhaust so the engine will die. As soon as this happens, the doors should un-lock. Unless otherwise programmed.
Old 27th March 2008, 17:08   #84
BHPian

Condor: You are right i got down as soon i started the engine, but I think the timing of opening teh back door and the front door being pushed might have happend simultaneously ( my bad luck) :(. I fitted the remote locking from TAS. i tried to block the exhaust for almost 2-3 minutes, but nothing happened.
Had you tried to shut down the engine by blocking the exhaust? and what will be teh best way to do that , i think by pitting some cloth in the exhaust or by closing it with some poluthene.
Old 28th March 2008, 12:31   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened to me in office once. During lunch time, I had to open the car to take out cigarettes and light it with the car lighter. The car lighter will work only when the keys are put in the ignition.

I lit the cigarette and then came out of the car and closed the door.. That was it. The autocop within 5 seconds bolted all the doors from inside. The best part was I realized it seconds after closing the door and could see the doors being bolted while i was trying to open the door :-)

Had to then go home by auto and come back in evening with spare keys.. cost me a cool 400 bucks for a smoke :-(

Once my friend managed to lock himself out on a busy traffic signal in Bangalore. He had stepped out to inspect something in front of the car at the traffic signal and locked himself out.. You can imagine the chaos it created.. honking etc..

The traffic police had to help him in moving the car to the side..
Old 28th March 2008, 12:36   #86
Senior - BHPian

Happened once with me too. In railway station I was waiting for someone with my car, and accidentally I got locked out. The duplicate keys arrived after one hour.

But it was a zen, and any local mech. could open it for me I knew. I heard that it is pretty easy to open the small glass panel behind the rear side glass, and through which the doors can be opened.

Anyhow, now in my Palio, it is difficult coz it has got no glass panel behind the rear side windows.
Old 28th March 2008, 12:47   #87
BHPian

This happened to me once. I had to go to my relative's house after parking my Ikon, without realising that i had not taken the key from the ignition i got out of the car closed the driver seat door and put my hand inside and locked the door (If the engine is off and if i lock the door with the handle look from inside the windows would automatically look). the in the morning when my brother asked for Keys we were searching and finally saw that key inside the car. Called a local mecanic he used iron rule and wire put would not open the door. He then removed the light (used to lit the backside number plate) near the back number place reached the boot release cable, opened the boot. then from the boot unscrewed the back seat, then got into the car. (took almost 1 and a half hour)
Old 28th March 2008, 13:14   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Once my friend managed to lock himself out on a busy traffic signal in Bangalore. He had stepped out to inspect something in front of the car at the traffic signal and locked himself out.. You can imagine the chaos it created.. honking etc..

The traffic police had to help him in moving the car to the side..

That is extremely hilarious now, but I can imagine the embarrassment your friend must have gone through then.
Old 28th March 2008, 13:35   #89
BHPian

I find it much more convenient with my Fiesta because with the manual key entry it does not allow one to lock the car from the outside except with the key unlike the older cars where in one can push down the inside lock & lock the car without the key.
Old 28th March 2008, 15:21   #90
BHPian

A 1 foot scale does the trick to most of the Maruti cars I guess unless owners do not modify their doors for extra safety by welding a metal plate where the scale does the trick.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks