Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 05:34   #91
Senior - BHPian

Key Locked Inside the car-Music blaring,what to do

Stuck in a stupid situation.

As i Jot this Down Rihanna is straining her Vocal Cords Inside my car continuously for the past 10 hrs.
Call it my stupidity or can be attributed to Human error,I managed to lock my Car's key Inside with the key in Acc position and worst part is that Music is on at a decent volume.
It all started as I had to go out in the evening and passenger side lock was getting stuck while playing around with it I forgot that I had locked the door,And went to open the gate and as I usually do,I gently closed the Door.When I came back to my horror the door was locked and I was so pissed of and helpless.
Spare key and remote were a good 70kms away from lying peacefully in my hometown.

Did not have my bike with me even,so called up a few friends and all them were busy in their chores.No local key guy(chabii walah)was available to try his antics. Some friends suggested trying scale method(usually used to open Maruti's).somehow i was not amused to try it.

What to do in such situations? Is there any way i can get inside my car without breaking window or anything else?
Does the scale method work for a car like a Accent?

Leason Learnt-Always Carry spare key with you.
Old 10th December 2008, 07:23   #92
Senior - BHPian

call your hyundai helpline, check if it can be opened with a scale
ask them if they can unlock it - got it done on my indica once - it was worse for me , I'd left teh engine on when someone locked it !
Old 10th December 2008, 08:01   #93
BHPian

If you bought the car from where you are located now, you can approach their showroom. They must be able to solve the problem for you. This would save you the 70 kms trip. They should be able to get you a key as I am given to understand that they have a spare for every car they sell, but not too sure about this. Worth a try.
Never jump start your car as far as possible. It leads to lot of issues.
Old 10th December 2008, 08:05   #94
Senior - BHPian

what brand is your HU? try finding someone who has the same to get hold of a remote. check if you can find a local mechanic adept with a scale
Old 10th December 2008, 08:10   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
If you bought the car from where you are located now, you can approach their showroom. They must be able to solve the problem for you. This would save you the 70 kms trip. They should be able to get you a key as I am given to understand that they have a spare for every car they sell, but not too sure about this. Worth a try.
Never jump start your car as far as possible. It leads to lot of issues.
The only spare key is back home,and get a new key made you need the spare key.
The 150kms round trip is unavoidable now.(need to take a few hours off from work).

As for starting what would be the best considering the fact battery would have drained.
Old 10th December 2008, 08:48   #96
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ys-inside.html

Tyr whether any of the idea in this works out for you.

Last edited by Surprise : 10th December 2008 at 09:08.
Old 10th December 2008, 08:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

Try the steel scale method on REAR doors. ! It won't work on front doors.

Last edited by kpzen : 10th December 2008 at 09:04.
Old 10th December 2008, 09:53   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Scale method on Accent and that too on rear does. Are you pretty sure about it ? I tried on Maruti vehicles and Indica and it worked. Never got a sample to test on Accent.
Old 10th December 2008, 09:53   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
On my family's Santro, the scale method works quite well. I had landed myself into this situation on 2 occasions and the scale came to the rescue and both times on the front door. However, our Santro does not have central locking so I am not too sure about a vehicle with central locking.
Old 10th December 2008, 09:58   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Scale method on Accent and that too on rear does. Are you pretty sure about it ? I tried on Maruti vehicles and Indica and it worked. Never got a sample to test on Accent.
100% sure. Tried and tested on Accent Now don't ask me where !
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
On my family's Santro, the scale method works quite well. I had landed myself into this situation on 2 occasions and the scale came to the rescue and both times on the front door. However, our Santro does not have central locking so I am not too sure about a vehicle with central locking.
On Accent the scale method won't work on front doors as the locks are sealed with a plastic cover.
Old 10th December 2008, 10:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

Alternatively a cycle spoke bent like a U in one end should also work, though similar to scale is more flexible. In one occasion I had the Maruti helpline guy opening for me, while in the other case I had to wait until a service station opened in Salem to get it opened.

Courtesy my naughty kid I have had an instance when he got himself locked by pressing the central lock on the driver's door with the car running when I had got down to check something near my house. While I was on the way to hardware shop to get a blade to cut the lock at my house fortunately he had opened it himself. These days I make it a point that I switch off the car and take the keys when I drop my daughter at school while my son waits inside the car.
Old 10th December 2008, 10:46   #102
BHPian

my alto's nippon has a speed lock feature, wherein it locks the doors only when the speed reaches 20km/hr
this saves all the problems you guys have faced..
Old 10th December 2008, 11:07   #103
BHPian

Scale method works on front doors of accent also. Had to do it once. There is a small plastic bit which broke when doing this, but got the door opened and got the plastic bit replaced immediately, so no harm done. You will have to take off the rubber beading on the side of the glass.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:15   #104
BHPian

That must be the longest concert for Rihanna i guess!

Tried the mobile method too inspired by the write up from mjothi ,unfortunately it never worked...

maybe airtel in hyderabad does not support this
Old 10th December 2008, 11:24   #105
BHPian

I think it also works in front doors, same thing happened with my esteem - the music blaring. The garage guy took out the front driver sider channel inserted a metal plate and unlocked the door. @Mjothi i am confused friend. The remotes in general work on IR. and mobile doesnt. Can you throw some light on this. Hell le me go and try, this is seriously interesting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks