Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:26   #136
BHPian

Re: What's a free flow exhaust ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleve View Post
Hi All,

I couldn't find any information about this through my search on tbhp. Mods please move this post to correct thread if I am posting it i a wrong thread. I have a polo 1.6 and the engine is very sluggish and I thought going with the basic mods i.e. a CAI and FFE will add that extra punch which is required. However, one question about FFE which I would like to ask is the O2 sensor. In Polo the O2 sensor is placed at the conjunction of all the 4 pipes coming from the cylinders. Now if I choose to go for FFE with 4X2X1 where would the O2 sensor be put. A lot of people mentioned that for them it was placed on 2nd cylinder or 1st cylinder, but thats not the right way of doing it. Is it? As that would cause some cylinders to run lean/ rich. Also if I put the same at the cross section where are the 4 exhaust pipes meet then will it not be too far from the cylinders, as the O2 sensor works on the exhaust gas temperature to trigger a voltage. Also, after installing FFE what will happen to the pollution check which I have to get done in Delhi, would that be hampered? Not really sure if my facts are correct here, but some guidance would be great. Also, please guide which FFE is the best, and where can I get it done in Delhi?
Your doubts are bang on, shelleve!

Positioning the o2 sensor in any other fashion than the aoem fitment is guaranteed to sense not the best readings for oxygen content in ex gas. So you are guaranteed to get lower efficiencies. Infact I am also running my GETZ on one with the lambda sensor on just one cylinder. My modifier shabber had already made one out for me and I did not gabble him with my lambda sensor knowledge and spoil his day!

And you rightly put it, all the AOEMS in euro 4 are running close couple cat cons for the only reason to get fast operating temperature for the thermocouple, they are all using zirconium catalyst for sensing oxygen! So positioning the lambda sensor in downstream is only going to delay the o2 signals to engine ECU and allow the engine to run on its standby logic which again deems that your combustion efficiencies go for a toss.

Passing Indian exhaust norms is a breeze, it still certifies u an euro 2, with 0.05% CO and 750 ppm HC which is a pity! Even my Carb ZEN passes it . So no worries on it!
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 18:09   #137
BHPian

Hi Guys

My i10 is under warranty till 2014 hence I am avoiding to go for the entire FFE system since it will void the warranty.

Is it fine if I add just the muffler? (only for sound)
I agree that performance gain would be zero. But if I go in for muffler alone, will it void warranty?
Old 27th August 2013, 22:23   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Hi Guys

My i10 is under warranty till 2014 hence I am avoiding to go for the entire FFE system since it will void the warranty.

Is it fine if I add just the muffler? (only for sound)
I agree that performance gain would be zero. But if I go in for muffler alone, will it void warranty?
Any part replaced or that is added and is not a OEM part will void warranty .
Warranty will come into picture when something goes wrong and the A** will connect that issue to a part which you have replaced or added which in reality is not even remotely connected .
My suggestion would be go for it. I got the exhaust and cold air intake done when my car crossed 10k kms and just over a year old.
Make sure you get it done at a reliable place.
Regards
Old 7th October 2013, 18:01   #139
BHPian

Hey fellas!
Can somebody tell me where exactly i can find information about the FFE? An E-Book or a website?
Information in the sense, the A-Z of how the FFE works, the pressure drop involved, thermodynamic changes, fabrication calculation etcetra?
I'm a final year mechanical engineering student and planning on building one of my own. From designing on computer to fabricating and then maybe testing (On a dyno probably)
Thank you in advance.
Cheers!
Old 8th September 2022, 19:54   #140

Hi Rehan and Moderators.
I have seen this on many posts across the forum that special characters are encoded in a way that they aren't rendered in HTML.
Possible cause is that the user input is double HTML encoded to prevent stored XSS. However this is making reader experience bad.
Could it be possible that this issue is fixed by Team-BHP tech team. 😊
CretaKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 10:03   #141

Subtle Exhaust Note for a 1.0L TSI Polo

I'm interested in subtly enhancing the exhaust sound of my 1.0L TSI Polo to emulate the refined tone of a stock i20 N Line, without causing excessive noise disturbance.kindly provide recommendations on achieving this without resorting to overly loud modifications? I'm looking for solutions that prioritize maintaining a balanced sound profile while ensuring compliance with noise regulations. Any insights or suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks