Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2006, 16:44   #46
BHPian

Hi,

Can Freeflow be put into a diesel car too....
Old 13th September 2006, 17:33   #47
BHPian

Hi Turbo Freak,
Yes, a free flow can be put in a diesel car as well.

Burjis
Old 16th October 2006, 20:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

hi,
im to take the delivery of my verna vgt,any of you heard of headders and free flow for the diesels and advice on the subject.
Old 16th October 2006, 21:29   #49
BHPian

please wait till your first service let the engine set in then fix the free flow and headers and alll....
Old 16th October 2006, 22:25   #50
BHPian

once i had met someone who had modded his skoda octi tdi and asked him whether he had a free flow exhaust or not .He replied that he had not installed it because it would foul with the turbo in the car.I supose that the same may be true for the verna also since a turbocharger is driven by exhaust gases and though turbos have pressure cut off valves ,free flow exhausts increase exhaust gas velocity and this may not be tolerated by the turbos vanes especaille because it is variable turbo.Do this only with the help of an expert otherwise you will ruin your verna.
Old 9th June 2007, 10:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Catback Exhausts.. What Is It!!!

Guys what do you mean by cat back exhausts systems!!!!
Old 9th June 2007, 10:42   #52
BHPian

A catback exhaust is when you keep the manifold and catalytic converter of the stock car and change the expansion chamber , muffler and the end tip. In my opinion its a waste of money with no performance improvement and only done to modify the exhaust note. If one is going for a FFE then he should get it changed from end to end (get custom made headers, preferably remove the catcon and get custom made mild steel expansion chamber and a muffler and stainless steel tip).
rishibravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2007, 13:42   #53
BHPian

as the term cat back suggets its the part of the exhaust after the cat to the end
a cat back does give a performance increase but not as much as one can get with a header
Old 9th June 2007, 13:52   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

By removing the catcon we make sure that we pollute the envoirnment well,i have removed the catcon as i have a automech FFE with stock muffler and the car does not pass the Pollution under control test on petrol but it easily passes it on CNG.
Old 30th October 2007, 01:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

i once inquired about the free flow for my accent viva crdi at the performance shop called RACING UNLIMITED here in Hyderabad, the guy said the one to fit my car with out harming the car would cost me around 40k bucks and extra for fitting it he said its a mugen brand exhaust, is this really feasible?
Old 30th October 2007, 19:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
would cost me around 40k bucks and extra for fitting it he said its a mugen brand exhaust, is this really feasible?
40k for a FFE? If its a genuine Mugen exhaust system the price might be justified.

But you can get a FFE (unbranded or even automech for example) for around 1/4th the price and even lesser. Decide what you want. A decent FFE or a decent FFE with a brand name.

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th October 2007 at 19:57.
Old 30th October 2007, 20:04   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
i once inquired about the free flow for my accent viva crdi at the performance shop called RACING UNLIMITED here in Hyderabad, the guy said the one to fit my car with out harming the car would cost me around 40k bucks and extra for fitting it he said its a mugen brand exhaust, is this really feasible?
Hi,

Mugen for a Hyundai . Thats a first. Also pl ask him to specify what is included in 40k.

Viper
Old 1st November 2007, 10:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

I would like to go for k&n filters and free flow for my verna.it has done 20000 kms .is there any damage likely for the engine .please advice

ram
Old 1st November 2007, 10:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
40k for a FFE? If its a genuine Mugen exhaust system the price might be justified.

But you can get a FFE (unbranded or even automech for example) for around 1/4th the price and even lesser. Decide what you want. A decent FFE or a decent FFE with a brand name.

@viper

Hi,

Mugen for a Hyundai . Thats a first. Also pl ask him to specify what is included in 40k.

Viper

the guy said thats the only original FFE that will suit my car and would run with out harming the engine,
i had thought if the FFE's cost is around 10k bucks all charges included then i would get one for myself but this guy quoated 40k bucks and said the other ones can be tried will screw the diesel crdi engine.

OT:also the shop guy says, as we fit nos for the gasoline vehicles for boost, it seems they fit in lpg for diesel for the boost in power how far is tis true? just curious!

Last edited by rider60 : 1st November 2007 at 10:49.
Old 5th November 2007, 03:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

sensors

Modern diesels with turbos have a sensor or sensors in the exhaust that sniff for heat and chemical content of exhaust gas and then feed this info back to the vehicle's computer. The computer (chip) then controls things like the EGR (exhaust gas recycle valve) and maybe the vanes on the turbo and some other things as well.

My point is, that if you let someone do work on your exhaust or install a product that disrupts these sensors then you will seriously disrupt the information your vehicle's computer recieves and you will probably greatly harm the performance. Make sure the people who work on your vehicle know what they are doing. You can not just bolt on a higher diameter unrestricted exhaust system. You have to account for the sensors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks