Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2004, 20:37   #16
Tom
BHPian

arent most of the public transport buses running them?
Old 15th July 2004, 02:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ July 14 2004,19:07)]arent most of the public transport buses running them?
Yes the old Leyland buses and trucks seem to have one.
Old 15th July 2004, 12:25   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

SpeedSatya's topic "Understanding a free flow exhaust" has been merged with this topic.

GTO
Old 22nd March 2005, 19:19   #19
BHPian

hi guys
This is my first post on this site (apart from my intro). I have an Esteem with a K n' N air filter, an MSD and a free flow. This free flow was installed by my friend from whom i bought the car. Lately i have been having a lotta trouble with my headers. i.e. the pipes are rusted and so there are constant leaks, and they have also taken a whack and got a lil' out of alignment causing annoying vibrations. Thus i figured I need to change the headers. I have actually reached a point where i got a lil' fed up and considered fitting the original manifold back and leaving the expansion chamber and the rest on. But after reading the post by speedsatya and rehaan i figured it would make no sense to remove the headers and leave the rest of the stuff on. So my question is, where in Mumbai would u advise me to go to get myself a new set of headers. I also need someone competent to do the fitting so that it does'nt touch the underbody and transmit the vibrations to the car. If anybody has any better suggestions i'm completely open. I would be really greatful for some help here.
Thanks in advance
Revvhed
Old 22nd March 2005, 19:38   #20
bhp
BHPian

automech in lower parel
thats the place to be in bbay for such kinda work . they are the best and i am sure many many to team bhpians will support me on that
Old 22nd March 2005, 19:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

yeah ,
if you want better performance ,u need to get the headers.
go to www.automechexhausts.com

most of us including me ,revv and others in mumbai have free flows from Automech.

cheers,

satya
Old 22nd March 2005, 19:59   #22
BANNED

automech

ill vouch for automech
they are the best in today s terms
agree with the rest
Old 4th April 2005, 11:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

For Samurai...

Posting here to draw Samurai's attention to this thread., regarding free flows...

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 4th April 2005, 12:16   #24
BANNED

How much would it cost me to put a freeflow on my Lancer? Also, how badly will is affect my FE, and is it prone to damage?
Old 4th April 2005, 13:01   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Posting here to draw Samurai's attention to this thread., regarding free flows...
Thanks amitoj.

Now can somebody tell me the negatives of installing free flow.

1) How loud does the noise get? Is it possible to get a free flow without increasing the noise?
2) What are the drawbacks of free flow over a manifold?
3) What happens to the warranty on exhaust system?
Old 4th April 2005, 13:06   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
Ever since I got a free flow for my car ,I have stopped using my AC when I am driving alone.it has turned me into a real maniac without caring for economy as I have to indulge in pulling through each gear.
I am not sure what you mean here. What's flee flow got to do with AC and changing gears?

Quote:
Also simply changing the muffler will not give any performance benefits.
What were your reasons to go for a free flow?
Old 4th April 2005, 13:15   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

1) How loud does the noise get? Is it possible to get a free flow without increasing the noise?
Absolutely. It is possible to procure a free flow without the additional sound or a max of 5% sound increase (negligible).

Quote:
Not recommended during the warranty period as you will lose coverage not only on your exhaust but also on the entire engine. I have personally seen a Vtec at the Honda service center with a packed engine. Cost of rebuild was 2.5 lacs. Reason for failure? A poorly engineered custom exhaust system.

GTO
Old 4th April 2005, 14:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Thanks amitoj.

2) What are the drawbacks of free flow over a manifold?
the sound has no effect on the performance.u can get a FF having the same sound as ur stock factory fitted one.
as long as its done correctly i dont see of any major disadvantage.

if driven at moderate speeds you should get improved FE .but the thing is that normally one does tend to revv hard to hear the sound.this results in more fuel getting burnt and people say that the FE goes down.

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean here. What's flee flow got to do with AC and changing gears?
its got nothing to do with the AC.the sound is intoxicating that i never feel like driving with the windows rolled up.unless i am with my parents or unless its really hot,the AC is always OFFF.
the exhayst note in my car changes to pure music after 3000rpm.thats y if i am in the mood,all my gear changes are above 3000rpm.and inside tunnels its always 4000-5000rpm irrespective of what gear i am in.

but now after 4 years and with full load below 3000rpm my car sounds like an ALL bus .so i am gonna change my muffler to something milder.as with so many loud cars around its becoming a nuisance for everyone.

better performance and FE were the only reasons that i opted for the FF,and not to forget the sound.
Old 4th April 2005, 16:31   #29
BANNED

Any good place in Mumbai to get it done? Need someone who I'll be able to take the car back to, in case of any problems.
Old 4th April 2005, 16:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Any good place in Mumbai to get it done? Need someone who I'll be able to take the car back to, in case of any problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
automech in lower parel
thats the place to be in bbay for such kinda work . they are the best and i am sure many many to team bhpians will support me on that

Quote:
if you want better performance ,u need to get the headers.
go to www.automechexhausts.com

almost all of us including me ,revv and others in mumbai have free flows from Automech.

hope this clears your doubt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks