Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 16:44   #76
BHPian

Hi,

I own an Optra Magnum diesel. Do you recommend FFE for my vehicle. Will the vehicle get quicker as far as its pick up is concerned? Also does the same affect the performance of my cars engine?

I also own a Hyundai Tucson which i feel is a tad under powered. Is there a way i can increase the power? Would a performance chip help?

Please do suggest.

Regards,

Randeep
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:29   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops View Post
cooooooooo...cant wait to get mine!! just ordered it yesterday. sat with the guy whos making it (RAC bangalore) for me and went through the software they use for measurements etc..
hoping to have it by next the next weekend. test drove a 1.2 palio (mine is a 1.2 as well) in which they had already installed one. sounds lovely and the car responds a lot quicker.
anoop
Hey Anoop - one help. Can you guide where you got this job done from? Am in Bangalore and am looking for a free flow exhaust fitting for Swift V. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th December 2008, 04:50   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_pagoda View Post
Hey Anoop - one help. Can you guide where you got this job done from? Am in Bangalore and am looking for a free flow exhaust fitting for Swift V. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Check this thread which talks about FFE in bangalore:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html

Cheers!
Rajiv
Old 5th December 2008, 09:24   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_pagoda View Post
Pls follow the link below for details:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html
Old 5th December 2008, 09:54   #80
BHPian

Like there are exhausts that increase the sounds, are there any that actually reduces the exhaust sounds without hampering the performance much.
Old 4th January 2009, 14:39   #81
BHPian

@ankit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Posted this question in a different thread but got no replies. Hope someone will answer:

Can someone give a detailed explanation on what exactly is the role of the Mid Muffler AND Expansion Chamber in an FFE set up.

Is one of them used in place of the other or how does it work?

Hi Ankit,
Visit the website AutoMECH Engineers .
You will get a fair idea about mid muffler(i guess you are referrin to auxilliary muffler) and expansion chamber.
Old 5th January 2009, 00:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _abhishek View Post
Hi Ankit,
Visit the website AutoMECH Engineers .
You will get a fair idea about mid muffler(i guess you are referrin to auxilliary muffler) and expansion chamber.
Thanks for the link, abhishek.

I did clear my doubts about the mid muffler and expansion chamber a while back. However, I do have a new question now: Like the automech website states, if I get an expansion chamber in place of the aux muffler (which helps to cut sound), so will I have to live with a louder exhaust system?

Please share your views people.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:55   #83
BHPian

Free Flow Exhausts

Hey guys,
I was reading up on FFE's and i had a query.

1> won't the presence of a turbo charger nullify the effect of an FFE as the turbine would be a huge obstruction in the exhaust

2> If for example you have some sort of expulsion system that maintains a certain back pressure depending on the RPM of the engine, that way you'd get an FFE optimised for the entire RPM band of the car + you can channel the exhaust through a cat con and a muffler [if need be] with adverself effecting the performance of the engine.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th March 2009 at 19:55. Reason: Search please
Old 18th March 2009, 13:07   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post

won't the presence of a turbo charger nullify the effect of an FFE as the turbine would be a huge obstruction in the exhaust
Why would you bother about the free flow exhaust when u have a turbo?? ha ha

Yes it is true that the turbo would obstruct a little because it works off the exhaust.. There is no other way to install it..
Old 18th March 2009, 13:19   #85
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
Why would you bother about the free flow exhaust when u have a turbo?? ha ha
The turbo will spool up faster if backpressure is minimised as far as possible. Having an FFE on a Turbo car is useful in that sense. But getting a good exhaust note will be difficult(not impossible)

Old 18th March 2009, 16:04   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
The turbo will spool up faster if backpressure is minimised as far as possible. Having an FFE on a Turbo car is useful in that sense. But getting a good exhaust note will be difficult(not impossible)
I was only talking about the sound of the free flow when the turbo is installed. The performance is undoubtedly much better with the free flow.
Old 16th May 2009, 21:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quick question -

cant' FFEs be installed with cat-cons? Any problems with that?
Old 16th May 2009, 22:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to hook up a FFE to my swift ZXi.I would prefer mid and top end performance.Which FFE would be the prefered one?
ram
Old 16th May 2009, 22:42   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Quick question -

cant' FFEs be installed with cat-cons? Any problems with that?
Free flows are ment to free flowing ( without any restrictions ,such as catcon ,lots of bends,improper finishing etc ... ) .

Free flow systems and not exactly free .They are are costly .

Last edited by black12rr : 16th May 2009 at 22:44.
Old 18th May 2009, 20:12   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I am looking to hook up a FFE to my swift ZXi.I would prefer mid and top end performance.Which FFE would be the prefered one?
ram
Hi Ram,
For top end performance, usually 4 X 1 header is used. But as I have heard from people using it, it kills the initial pickup. And its not recommended for city driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks