Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 21:46   #61
BHPian

Re: Dashboard / Windshield Glare

Would request members to provide a cheap and preferably permanent solution to this issue of dashboard glare, I’ve faced this issue in our 2012 Honda City model and, it does create a distraction with the reflection on to the windshield which, I feel could even cause an accident!
Old 10th March 2021, 17:41   #62
BHPian

Even I am faced with the same problem. It is a Hyundai Xcent car. The problem worsens when I drive on a road with lots of trees around. The intermittent sun light literally blinds me. At times I start focusing on seeing what is getting reflected off the dashboard rather than the road ahead. Any suggestions on this topic are welcome.
kayvwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 18:00   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post
Would request members to provide a cheap and preferably permanent solution to this issue of dashboard glare, I’ve faced this issue in our 2012 Honda City model and, it does create a distraction with the reflection on to the windshield which, I feel could even cause an accident!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvwar View Post
Even I am faced with the same problem. It is a Hyundai Xcent car. The problem worsens when I drive on a road with lots of trees around. The intermittent sun light literally blinds me. At times I start focusing on seeing what is getting reflected off the dashboard rather than the road ahead. Any suggestions on this topic are welcome.
Polarized glasses is the only solution. I have got prescription polarized glasses that costed around 6k. But you might get something cheaper if you don't wear prescription glasses.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 08:12   #64
BHPian

I use Sonax Matt Effect dashboard cleaner for the dashboard and plastics which further dampens the amount of reflection. Additionally, I have placed a dark grey coloured thick microfiber cloth on top of the meter console which kind of makes some differences well.
Attached Thumbnails
Dashboard / Windshield Glare-dashboard1.jpg  

Dashboard / Windshield Glare-20200707_1754161.jpg  

Last edited by Artyom : 12th March 2021 at 08:15.
Artyom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 10:38   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I use Sonax Matt Effect dashboard cleaner for the dashboard and plastics which further dampens the amount of reflection. Additionally, I have placed a dark grey coloured thick microfiber cloth on top of the meter console which kind of makes some differences well.
Thanks! I had seen this product on their website.

I too have the same problem with bad reflection from dashboard polish. Service centre applied it unnecessarily inspite of me telling specifically not to do it.

I have WaveX APC. Will scrubbing the dashboard with APC help reduce the glare ?
If not, will have to purchase Sonax Matt dashboard cleaner.
Old 12th March 2021, 11:26   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
I have WaveX APC. Will scrubbing the dashboard with APC help reduce the glare ?
Using an APC will just clean it well and additionally will leave a very faint white haze which will avoid any reflection but doesn't give a very nice look. BUT still no harm in trying it on a small portion and decide. Compare it with what our arms look like in winters just after taking bath(hazy) without applying a lotion and after applying one.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 11:31   #67
MCR
BHPian

Additionally, wearing polarized Sunglasses while driving reduces the glare to a great extent. I get headaches due to glare and a pair of very good quality Polarized Sunglasses (the ones which Anglers use to see the lake bed) have been my driving companion for a long time now.
Wear them over the mask so that they don't get fogged up!

Last edited by MCR : 12th March 2021 at 11:33.
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks