Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2007, 14:33   #1
BHPian

Maintenance of Maruti Alto?

Hi,
I plan to own an Alto Lx. How is the maintenance of this model(i do not intend for Lxi due to budget constraint) after 2 years or so. Is the parts heavier on pockets and do we have to worry about anything other than regular servicing? I'm a very careful driver. I plan to go for short trips during weekends. I live in Bangalore.

Regards,
Ramki
Old 28th March 2007, 14:45   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi,
I plan to own an Alto Lx. How is the maintenance of this model(i do not intend for Lxi due to budget constraint) after 2 years or so. Is the parts heavier on pockets and do we have to worry about anything other than regular servicing? I'm a very careful driver. I plan to go for short trips during weekends. I live in Bangalore.

Regards,
Ramki
Well all of maruti vehicles are easy on pocket in terms of maint. & alto is no exception. Besides this alto will give you a steady mileage of 16-18kmpl depending on your driving style.

regular paid service should be around 1500 rs per visit, also stock spares are not heavy on pocket & can be easily procured in any corner of india, besides this even roadside mechanics(i dont advice to go there) are well aware of the maruti vehicles in case of emergency breakdown(which is a remote chance).

overall alto enjoys a high reliability if driven properly, so go ahead what is stopping you.

enjoy your drive.

Arun
Old 28th March 2007, 14:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well its a Maruti and also one of the entry level cars and maintenance is very very low. There is nothing to worry about if you get it serviced regularly. The car doesn't have too many electronics so it wont burn hole in pocket.. But i hope you have extended warranty.

Nothing to worry about it just keep on driving and get it serviced regularly and happy driving...
Old 28th March 2007, 15:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey i have a alto lx the servicing cost are not to high doesn't pinch the pocket
yesterday i got ma car serviced at the maruti dealership and the bill came out around 3000 (it was the 20K serviceso all the ols filter were change and now she is as good as new)
and i also went for lx as you don't need a powersteering in a small car firstly i was going for 1.1l but they didn't had the colour which i wanted so i settled in for a lx and i am loving it
Old 28th March 2007, 16:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to barge in on this thread, but the LX comes with non-power steering, right? I think its anyday better to have a car with power steering, as it makes city driving a lot easier.

Just my suggestion, as Ramki said he plans on an Lx. I feel the Lxi would suit better.
Old 28th March 2007, 16:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well yes LXi is better any day as its easy to drive car... Also check in your servicing schedule whats needs to be changed during that service so that you dealer do not take you for a ride.
Old 28th March 2007, 16:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

LX will pain in a city like bangalore, pls go for power steering version, u will enjoy every moment....
It once happened that I drove my friend's LX for 10km in bangalore and my hand started to ache whereas I drive in LXi for 200-300km continuously but without pain...

Abhi
Old 28th March 2007, 17:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
LX will pain in a city like bangalore, pls go for power steering version, u will enjoy every moment....
It once happened that I drove my friend's LX for 10km in bangalore and my hand started to ache whereas I drive in LXi for 200-300km continuously but without pain...

Abhi
Well there may be some major problem with the steering. Alto steering is heavy but no that much lol.. Get it checked and greased...
Old 28th March 2007, 17:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well there may be some major problem with the steering. Alto steering is heavy but no that much lol.. Get it checked and greased...
so abhi, is it ok to go for Lx and not that much a problem driving in Bangalore. As i said going for Lxi is only for budget constraint nothing else.
Old 28th March 2007, 17:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well yes you can go for Alto Lx if you are on a tighter budget. It's good car you wont regret... And good luck with buying and keep us posted about your buying and ownership experience.

Last edited by abhibh : 28th March 2007 at 17:44.
Old 28th March 2007, 17:34   #11
BHPian

My dear friend, close your eyes and go for it... Spares are relatively cost-effective, Good car to drive around in the city and highway, I have an alto and every two months or so I drive down to cochin and back

Before you buy ,check if the car knocks when the AC is on, Many fellow bhpians are finding it difficult to cope-up with,Not really sure if this issue is there on the new versions....Anyways give it a shot

Best of luck
Old 28th March 2007, 17:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Before you buy ,check if the car knocks when the AC is on, Many fellow bhpians are finding it difficult to cope-up with,
It's a basic problem with all Altos as the AC blower is unnecessarily powerful. The torque is eaten up at low speeds when the AC is switched on resulting in jerks. I have given my car for a day to rectify this. Will keep all updated.
Old 28th March 2007, 17:58   #13
BHPian

if you can stretch .. go for power steering .. it is a worth spending specially in city driving.
Old 28th March 2007, 18:17   #14
BHPian

go for it ,its the best VFM car i would say.if you can stretch the budget for an lxi nothing like it.ive used vx1.1 for 5 yrs with 70k on odo right now.no major issues yet except a clutch replacement at 60k.
maintenence is not an issue, it would be light on ur pocket.
Old 28th March 2007, 20:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
so abhi, is it ok to go for Lx and not that much a problem driving in Bangalore. As i said going for Lxi is only for budget constraint nothing else.
There is no problem with the steering, My friend didnt feel anything, he relishes the LX but I know what i felt after using LXi...in LXi steering is awesome....
Ramki, U can always go for LX, infact there are many owners with LX but just wanted to emphasize the beauty of LXi with LX with a minimal price difference of around Rs 20K...

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks