Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:47   #61
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite accident | Dealership sends 21-lakh rupee repair estimate

Glad to know the occupants are safe and sound.

Pardon me for not reading the entire items list carefully but I couldn't find any estimate for the engine and related item. If the gearbox cost 4.5L then I'm curious to know how much the engine costs. Is the engine still under working condition (highly unlikely) that they didn't quote an estimate or am I missing something.
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
All I will say is the car seems to have saved the OP’s life here - ₹20,000 is a small sum to be paid to the dealer for that. Guess in a total loss case, it fair for the dealer to be compensated for the work involved in assessing the damage and dealing with the insurance company. And parts adding up to more than 5x the price of a car, why is that news? That was true when the Maruti 800 was launched in 1982, and is probably true for all cars of all brands.

Glad the OP is alive and well - if I were him, I would be counting my blessings.
This comment made all the sense until you realize that dealer did not assess the damage while preparing the estimate. All he did was that he ensured he gets max out of the situation.

That's cheating !!
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:46   #63

Happy to know the security features of the car could protect the lives of the owners; though the car has undergone severe damage in the accident.
The quotes indirectly suggest going for a new car than repairing the damaged one.
Old 23rd April 2021, 20:37   #64
BHPian

Glad that the owner did come out of this accident with some minor injuries. Magnite has really kept well to its 4 star rating.
I would sideline with the dealer for the quote. IIRC, there was a thread on the chennai flood damaged Vento and the cost of the individual parts and labor were more costlier than a similar new car. This estimate has actually made easier for the owner. He would get a higher return (hope he has return to invoice), the insurer will no way ask the dealer to fix it up.
Old 23rd April 2021, 21:22   #65
BHPian

I am very confused. Leave aside the IDV, But can an insurance claim be more than the actual price of the car if bought as brand new? I hope IRDAI gets to know about this and take some action!
Old 23rd April 2021, 21:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
I am very confused. Leave aside the IDV, But can an insurance claim be more than the actual price of the car if bought as brand new? I hope IRDAI gets to know about this and take some action!
Claim will be limited to IDV I believe. If the owner decides to repair the car, remaining amount will have to be shelled out from pocket.
Old 24th April 2021, 00:14   #67
BHPian

Well, we must surrender our claim of being called a Car Expert!
These are the things one need to face when a purchase is made purely on basis of merit of Car. Glad to know that the occupants are safe in this case; safety being one of the merit of this Car.
We as an enthusiast know every nook and corner of a car alongwith the international background of the manufacturer and recommend it accordingly. But all goes downhill when such instances happen as someone buys keeping aside 'herd mentality' - read Maruti/Hyundai.

The bottomline is- Herd mentality succeeds in India atleast in Car buying decisions!!
H Karter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 07:57   #68
BHPian

Happy to hear OP is safe.

I would second the idea shared to add the invoice to Magnite Review. If any another Nissan dealer charges more this can be used as a reference.
Old 24th April 2021, 08:37   #69

Glad to know that Indraharsha is safe and sound!

It's absolutely ridiculous to have that kind of a quote for repairs which is almost 3 times the price of a new car.

Hope this is not a precursor to the kind of charges that one would incur during routine maintenance or minor accidents.
Old 24th April 2021, 09:24   #70
BHPian

This simply means the car manufacturers/ dealers are selling parts / services at 2 times it's value. The car is a write off anyway. Why bother with the lengthy multi page estimate ? For that 1% ?
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 11:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Compared to the engine bay which is a total wreck, the front interior is almost untouched. If I were Nissan, I would leverage this calamity to market the safety factor and give this dude a brand new Magnite.
I think you mistook the vw vento interior photo with the nissan's. I cannot see how its interior is almost untouched?? The dashboard has been pushed back and down into the cabin. Dash has come off its mounting. The steering column is pushed back and into the driver's lap. The glass is inside the cabin and the roof is collapsed at the B pillar.
Nissan Magnite accident | Dealership sends 21-lakh rupee repair estimate-img20210411wa0027.jpg
Nissan Magnite accident | Dealership sends 21-lakh rupee repair estimate-img20210411wa0028.jpg

Yes this vw below has a pristine interior for the damage it suffered in the front.
Nissan Magnite accident | Dealership sends 21-lakh rupee repair estimate-polo-2.jpeg
Nissan Magnite accident | Dealership sends 21-lakh rupee repair estimate-polo-1.jpeg
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 14:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

The positive point in all this unfortunate episode would be that the OP was saved by the car. That's what matters the most. The car is not worth repairing, going by the pictures; and the owner should be happy with a total loss and just get over with it.

Regarding the repair estimate, that is a joke to say the least. It's probably reasons like this why people stay away from manufacturers like Nissan. Their dealers are probably the worst ones in the country.

This case could be something they should put in their "Lessons learnt" register, but knowing Nissan; I don't think they have any such thing or even know about such a thing with them!
Old 24th April 2021, 20:27   #73
RMN
BHPian

That isn't a quote, its a price list!

I'm surprised that they actually contemplated repairing it?
Old 25th April 2021, 01:21   #74

In my understanding of car insurance, the estimate in this situation is in favour of the owner. Given that the car is less than a year old, it should most likely have an IDV value close to the price paid for the car. Now that the estimate is more than double that amount, the car should easily be considered a write off and the owner could replace the car instead of repairing it ( I don't think it's possible to repair in this case, even if it is possible, I don't see the point in doing it unless he has some emotional value attached to it)

I'm impressed with the safety offered by magnite and happy to know that the driver is safe. But if the parts cost remain true to this estimate I'm not really interested in buying one or recommending it to anyone.
Old 25th April 2021, 16:16   #75
BHPian

This is plain ridiculous. I was one of the few people who had booked the Magnite for my uncle. We ended up getting Kiger because of the higher reach and network that Renault has to offer. And on top of that, a few of my co-workers who own Kwid and Duster had great things to say about service, some feedback being better than MSIL.

Nissan marketed this as a pocket friendly car. Is that how it looks like? Spending twice the IDV of your car on repairs? It's a dangerous game they are plain. Nissan will most likely end up with a huge lawsuit here. I have to ask, what are they smoking RN? Its a shame. Claiming to be easy to maintenance and then milking people for spares.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks