Amaron 239 77.35%
SF Sonic 12 3.88%
Exide 58 18.77%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2021, 17:39   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2021 Battery Thread | Amaron vs SF Sonic vs Exide

Exide is the most commonly available brand available in my part of the country. My Wagon R came with Exide which lasted for 4 and half years. Then we shifted to Amaron and it's going on, nearing 5 years now.

The battery of Brezza is Exide but I guess I'll have to change it before winters. It's been over 5 years now but takes a little longer to crank now.

I also have a question , how long does the SHVS battery last in the diesel Marutis? My brother's S-Cross has an Exide Conservo and it's dead, a month shy of 3 years.
Old 30th August 2021, 17:47   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Former Exide fan here and now firmly in the Amaron camp since 2017. SF is Standard Furukawa which was the Standard Batteries Ltd that had a technical tie up with Furukawa batteries of Japan. Standard automotive battery business was purchased circa 1999/2000 by Exide and the brand SF came into being sometime thereafter.

OTOH, in my experience Exide inverter batteries are great yet to try Amaron.

Last edited by R2D2 : 30th August 2021 at 17:48.
Old 16th September 2022, 12:37   #63
BHPian

Hi everyone

My gloster is facing battery drain issues. First time it happened around 20 days ago when it refused to start in the morning. It was taken to the service center where they analysed it for 2 days and finally replaced the battery under warranty saying that it could be manufacturer defect.

Now again 2 days back, i started it around 7 in the morning and parked it outside my house. Around 9.30 am, again it refused to start.. The technician came and jump started the car and again it was found at the service station that battery is empty without any charge left. They have been trying to find the cause of battery drain since 2 days but nothing has come out yet. The alternator as per them is fine and now they are checking the wires for any defect.

Any idea, what could be the cause of such fast battery drain in a new battery?

My car is not yet 1 year old and has munched 28000 kms
Old 16th September 2022, 15:13   #64
BHPian

Have you installed any aftermarket accessories that draw current or dasham ?
Old 16th September 2022, 15:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Have you installed any aftermarket accessories that draw current or dasham ?
NO, it is as stock as it was when purchased in oct 2021
Old 9th January 2023, 11:21   #66
BHPian

Car: 4th Gen City Petrol MT

Dilemma over the top variant batteries of Exide and Amaron

Looking to change SF Sonic OEM battery as 2 years have elapsed and running is mainly in weekends. Don’t want an unpleasant surprise in the coming year and hence thought of pro active replacement

No major issues with OEM SF Sonic battery as of now, except for the fact that cabin lamps turning on seems a bit delayed when door is unlocked

No problem in cranking though and hence have enough time to get muddled up

Does Exide make better sense considering cost and warranty?

Exide Epiq

42 months replacement warranty
35 months pro rata warranty
77 months in total

MRP Rs 5124 as per their website

Amaron Pro

36 months replacement warranty
30 months pro rata warranty
66 months in total

MRP Rs 5677 as per their website
Old 9th January 2023, 11:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Recently replaced my 4 year old Ford Motorcraft battery with Amaron (same 45Ah spec.) via batteryboss.in with the 55 month warranty.

The same battery at the neighbourhood shop was quoted at 5100 with exchange and got it online at 4300 with exchange. Placed the order around 7pm and the battery was installed the next morning at 9am.
Old 14th February 2023, 18:14   #68
BHPian

Hi folks, I have a basic question. After nearly 4 years and about 23K km on the odo, it is time to replace the battery of my 4th gen, Honda City Petrol (manual). The car came with Amaron rated at 60AH. However, when I check any of the online portals, all options come with 35AH options only for the Honda City. I'm clueless why there isn't a like for like replacement available on any of these portals.

Any inputs? Ideally I don't want to go with a lower capacity battery, even though I don't have any after market accessories installed.

TIA!
Old 14th February 2023, 20:41   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlanuk View Post
Any inputs? Ideally I don't want to go with a lower capacity battery, even though I don't have any after market accessories installed.
TIA!
I'm not sure why batterybhai.com is showing a 35AH battery as replacement for your Honda City.
I have some experience in this regard. My 2011 Polo 1.6 came with a 35AH battery from factory. The battery conked off in 2015 (lasted a shade over 4 years). I visited an Exide showroom and put in the biggest battery that could fit in the battery compartment, which was 65AH. My usage at the time was very short rides (around 3KM) on a daily basis, so the battery wouldn't get sufficient time to charge. Hence I went in for a bigger battery which would hold more charge.
This 65AH exide lasted 7+ years, replaced with another 65AH Exide in Dec.2022.

I would recommend if you can afford then go for the biggest battery capacity that fits your car's battery compartment. Batteries drain fast, running music system and blower for just 10-15mins without engine surprisingly drains my 65AH battery very close to the point where I can notice the starter crank getting slower enough and I get worried that the battery charge left might not be sufficient to crank the engine.
Old 5th March 2023, 05:48   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Posting a request for advice here.
Here is the background.

My 2012 Mini Cooper S originally must have come with the BMW OEM Factory Spec 70AH Battery. When I git the car 3.5 years ago in 2019, it had an Exide 65AH which is being used presently.

The previous owner put this in, in 2018. Now it is 4.5 years. In the time that I have had this car I have clocked about 26000kms in it so perhaps this Exide battery overall may have done 30-32000kms in the 4.5 years of its life. Typically these batteries come with a 55 month warranty and I am just about reaching the end of that.

Of course my Car’s original recommendation is that we have to use 70AH Battery. So I ve been doing some research on this.

I went to two of my local Battery shops. One had predominantly Exide branding and the other has Amaron Branding but both sell both Exide and Amaron. They checked the battery with the Meter and we saw it was delivering 12.2 volts when idle. When the car is switched on and started it jumps to 14.4 volts.

So it seems to be fine.

However, now that it is 4 and a half years old we opened the little dipstick and checked each cell. (I did this 3 times- at the Exide Shop, at the Amaron shop and again at the Car AC mechanic’s place.) I notice that one cell (the third cell on one side) has weakened so I believe as a preventive measure it is time to change the battery. I prefer to be pro active rather than reactive in these matters. So the local shops have the 70AH battery and I plan to be getting one fitted shortly. The Exide 70AH costs 10,000/- and they are giving me 2000/- off for my old battery in exchange, so the nett cost will be 8000/-. As per the shop chap Amaron does NOT have an equivalent 70 AH.

In the meantime, over the last ten days, knowing very well that my battery will require changing soon, Ive been checking on OEM/ OES batteries.

The Varta 70 AH Silver Dynamic AGM E39 is an OEM/ OES battery for BMW cars.This can be got from Delhi from the Authorised Importer M/s BIECO Batteries somewhere in Vishal Enclave wherever that is. They will reach the battery to my door step in Bangalore in 6 days. It costs 25800/- including shipping. I then checked with BMW too. The price of the AGM E39 battery at BMW is 36000/-. Plus around 3000-4000 for removing, refitting and ‘programming’.

I checked then with my FNG, Aeon. And I also did some level of online research on North American Motoring etc - these are good information sources for Mini Cooper.

The upshot of it seems evident that it isnt really necessary or mandatory for me to go only for an OEM or OES replacement. I could very well go for any good quality substitute brand of equal Amperage.

The vehicle has actually been running with this Exide of a marginally Lower Amperage of 65AH for the last 4.5 years and its worked fine. So I guess it ll probably be fine if I just go for a brand new Exide of the correct Amperage of 70AH.

Frankly I personally don't mind spending and getting that Varta AGM Silver E39 from Delhi.

But Im asking, is it absolutely necessary that I opt for this, which is at more than 3 times the cost of the Exide?

Does anyone here have any views and suggestions on this subject?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2021 Battery Thread | Amaron vs SF Sonic vs Exide-6322e78866014a16b3a08bedd9877897.jpeg  

The 2021 Battery Thread | Amaron vs SF Sonic vs Exide-3682e6f1f097410b86e0510f42738b79.jpeg  

The 2021 Battery Thread | Amaron vs SF Sonic vs Exide-6a8640d35ecf40ee9e81358f4cd28a4a.jpeg  

The 2021 Battery Thread | Amaron vs SF Sonic vs Exide-54c14f3e22254919b62a16126aadd821.jpeg  

The 2021 Battery Thread | Amaron vs SF Sonic vs Exide-066bc3a2549a4a02a9b250250baaadc5.jpeg  

The 2021 Battery Thread | Amaron vs SF Sonic vs Exide-78af00382eca43e5bc0541edef5b9af5.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 5th March 2023 at 05:52.
Old 5th March 2023, 20:45   #71
Team-BHP Support

If you are keeping the car then an AGM unit might be worth considering. Else go for the Amazon!
Old 17th March 2023, 13:12   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post
I'm not sure why batterybhai.com is showing a 35AH battery as replacement for your Honda City.

I would recommend if you can afford then go for the biggest battery capacity that fits your car's battery compartment. Batteries drain fast, running music system and blower for just 10-15mins without engine surprisingly drains my 65AH battery very close to the point where I can notice the starter crank getting slower enough and I get worried that the battery charge left might not be sufficient to crank the engine.
Update: checked with multiple outlets on the correct battery for the car and it is the 35AH one, went and installed an Amaron. I'm not sure as to why, when I checked the OEM battery specs on google, it showed 70AH.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:44   #73
BHPian

The Amaron battery of my Suzuki Access started showing signs of dying last week. Weak horn and cranking. Had to kick start the scooter since yesterday. Checked the bill to see when it was last replaced. Was back in August 2017! Pretty solid service for 5 years, 10 months!

Went to the Amaron Pitstop outlet here and got a new battery for 1500.00. MRP 1662.00 - 162.00 for the old battery. New battery was from fresh stock, manufactured in May 2023. The staff removed the old battery, got a new one of the same specification and installed it. I was asked to pay only after the new battery was installed and was satisfied with the scooter self starter working fine.
Old 31st August 2023, 20:50   #74

Dissatisfied with Amron battery support

Hi Team BHP mates

My wagon R Amron battery broke down. The battery is around 1.5 years old and under warranty but the Amron support team is not ready to replace it. I have registered a complaint by calling the support and already mailed the details to their customer care along with the invoice bill (date Mar-22). They are giving misleading arguments like you bought the battery from a seller in Faridabad (NCR) who bought from a bigger seller in Delhi. I am totally disappointed with the support that Amron has provided after using their batteries for almost 10 years. It has been already 6 days the car is sitting idle. What options do I have?
Does anyone know their Senior management whom I can tag in the email?
Is there an automobile authority in India (similar to IRDA/RBI in insurance/banking) whom I can approach with the complaint?
Old 1st September 2023, 18:45   #75
BHPian

Re: Dissatisfied with Amron battery support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reskaps View Post
Hi Team BHP mates
Is there an automobile authority in India (similar to IRDA/RBI in insurance/banking) whom I can approach with the complaint?
Social media, tag the competition brands(excide) as well

Most Viewed