Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 13:27   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

Now, he is panicking. Because sales are impacted. This is what any road side mechanic would say. Problem on a new car, 'due to rat bite!'
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New theories now being floated by Zac on the Kushaq breakdowns
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:03   #422
BHPian

Quote:
New theories now being floated by Zac on the Kushaq breakdowns:

Attachment 2216122
I do not understand what kind of “software settings” would lead to EPC error!!!

The 1.0 TSI and 1.5 TSI engines are running in many VAG cars in India for the past several months with the same ‘bad fuel quality’ filled in. So I suspect the issue is w.r.t quality in some engine related components due to cost cutting in India 2.0 project.
gopi_rm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:41   #423
BHPian

would this EPC/fuel pump ...and most importantly "dirty fuel"/RON95 issue also happen with the Taigun ?

Because there are no news on the VW side. what gives ?
Old 7th October 2021, 14:54   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
- would this EPC/fuel pump ...and most importantly "dirty fuel"/RON95 issue also happen with the Taigun ?

- Because there are no news on the VW side. what gives ?
- Yes, since they're the same cars.
- I don't think they've started deliveries yet or maybe they just started delivering. Let them run. It would be very interesting if they don't have any issues.

Also please read this, let's not overburden the mods
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:57   #425

I have a Polo GT-TSI... and when I fill it with shell v-power, I always get the EPC error. Something to do with the additives. But it does not result in engine stalling. And I totally agree with Zac - it is possible that fuel pump issue is now rectified and the new EPC errors do not result in car stalling and that they are just signals that the software is not happy with the fuel. My friend got such a EPC error in his Skoda Octavia too... just went to service center, cleared the error and never again filled petrol in the same fuel station again. Had driven 15k kms after that and no issues.
Deepak Ramani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 22:19   #426

I drove my Kushaq for 2200 kms in past 5 days on replaced fuel pump (no issue in previous pump too which was run till odo 1450 km) and the car feels as reliable as any other trusted product. I deliberately filled normal fuel instead of 95 grade as service adviser had told that car is designed for normal petrol. Most locations where refuelling was done were countryside (Rae Bareli (UP), Aurangabad (Bihar), Purulia (WB) and Pakur (Jharkhand)) and also good part is that car was run for 300 kms in West Bengal state highways which are literally non existent roads and car had to run in 1st gear for around 50 kms and average speed achieved was 20 kmph going through horrendous bumps and potholes. Shock absorbers have done their job very well and not even at one point did I hear the car under carriage brushing against the road. I don't feel skeptical about Kushaq anymore.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 19:29   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
New theories now being floated by Zac on the Kushaq breakdowns:
Wonder what reason will suit this case below. A customer doing PDI of his brand new Kushaq at the stockyard is greeted with EPC warning lamp -

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20211009192024_facebook.jpg
(Source)

Dealership says they haven't checked the car and it will be ok once they do.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 19:35   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wonder what reason will suit this case below. A customer doing PDI of his brand new Kushaq at the stockyard is greeted with EPC warning lamp -

Dealership says they haven't checked the car and it will be ok once they do.
I would run in opposite direction if I were this prospective buyer. No way I would accept any car with it's dashboard lit up with warning lights before it's even registered to my name. And the ridiculous excuse 'rat bite causing EPC errors' it's just sad. I wonder how 50+ cars were attacked by rats which caused this fiasco Pathetic to say the least!
Akshay6988 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 19:44   #429
Senior - BHPian

Probably they will fit a robust pump overnight, and remove the warning. But its so disconcerting to see your most dreaded fear come true on opening night. I would refuse to take delivery
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 13:22   #430
BHPian

I came across this ownership review video of Kushaq which has covered over 10000Km in just two months.

The customer didn't face any EPC issues luckily but it seems the dealer advised them to use fuel from only one pump to be on the safer side, which I feel is highly impractical. I hope Skoda gives a more detailed explanation of the root cause instead of just putting the blame on fuel quality and assuring a robust fuel pump.
Old 12th October 2021, 13:33   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Probably they will fit a robust pump overnight, and remove the warning
They can change the pump, but that is not my concern. EPC light during PDI means even Skoda factory is not using fuel suitable for this car? Spotting this during PDI means almost zero chance of any external fuel being filled in the car. Its running on whatever was filled at Skoda's plant. Who will Skoda/Zac blame in this case?
AkMar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 21:37   #432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Who will Skoda/Zac blame in this case?
Importance of PDI though - the customer rejected that particular car. Hope he gets a better unit next.

Whatever be the blame game - one thing is for sure. The issue is far from over as against what Skoda would have people believe!

There may be no more cases of the fuel pumps failing now (claimed), but there is not much to cheer as far the customer is concerned!

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20211012210727_twitter.jpg
Source

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20211012211416_facebook.jpg
Source

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20211012210314_twitter.jpg
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 22:47   #433
BHPian

The more I read this thread and the more I read the over enthusiastic 17L kms rigorous testing claim by Zac Hollis, I honestly think that they probably tested some 200-250 cars in test phase with each covering around 7k kms, so they did not get enough issues to sort out anything. If I were a buyer and face continuous issues like these in a span of a few days of buying a brand new car, be it Skoda or any other manufacturer, I would be done by now, selling it off without seeing the loss, even if that meant I cannot afford another car! This is ridiculous.
Xaos636 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 23:37   #434
BHPian

1. Their 2.0 story seems broken at the first draft itself. I wouldn't touch anything that's rolling off this "india"-specific platform. For a very long time.
2. Wonder how this would have played out in a country where consumer protection laws are much stricter and suing-at-drop-of-hat is common.
WindRide is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 13:20   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
EPC is showing up even in the new Rapid matte edition dealer demo video. Or is this not the same as robust pump wala problem?

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-epc.png

Last edited by WindRide : 13th October 2021 at 13:21.
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks