Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2022, 15:46   #481
BANNED

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbardhan View Post
I faced an EPC issue on my Nov 2021 Polo TSI. The car just would not start. If you leave the car be for say an hour it starts for a min with the light still on and then shuts down. Had it towed to the service center. lets see.
What is the update on this issue? Did you get any root cause from the service center. Hope everything is back to normal.
Old 6th October 2022, 20:02   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
What is the update on this issue? Did you get any root cause from the service center. Hope everything is back to normal.
The fuel pump driver module failed. They fixed it under warranty - had to pay nothing. But I had lost faith in workmanship of the center so took it to another dealer service center and told them I do not believe the work the first guy did --- So they performed the second service (problem occurred just before my second service so dealer 1 had done that as well) again free of charge and charged me something for checking electricals etc -- maybe they scanned again.

I left a feedback saying its VW's fault that dealer is incompetent as they did not provide adequate troubleshooting flow and workshop manual to its network in the first place.

Last edited by arbardhan : 6th October 2022 at 20:09.
arbardhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 18:28   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
From the pics of I see that these issues are in the earlier models with analogue clusters. Is the EPC an issue in the recently manufactured models( with the digital cockpit)?
Are there any new issues in the recently manufactured vehicles?
Considering a Kushaq Style 1.5 TSI. Are there any known issues with this combo please? Of course, the DSG is the same DQ200, but Skoda claims to have improved it a lot.
Old 4th December 2022, 03:56   #484

Hello All,

I got my new Kushaq 1.0 TSI MT delivered in the last week of April,22. Due to continuing work-from-home scenario, it has run close to 1500 kms so far.

I drive it to my office once in 10-15 days. For the last two months, it has been standing idle except 5-10 minute ride in my apartment basement every 15 days (in the hope that it shall keep the car battery alive). Y'day night, when I tried to take her out, I got the following message on the console -

Your car has a low battery. The system will shut down soon.

After this, the car was shut down, and now there is no display whatsoever. I'm really puzzled as to how can the battery of a new car die so soon. Or is there any other issue with the car? What should be my course of action? Has anyone else come across similar issue? Please share your valuable input.

Thanks.
Old 7th June 2023, 16:25   #485

Hello All,

I bought a 2021 Kushaq 1.5 MT from Cars24 post inspection from Skoda service center in Bangalore - also could speak with the car owner and got to know the history. There was no issue as such during the 3 TDs. It had run about 11k and was in top condition except an ugly driver door dent.

I noticed that the clutch is getting soft during some occasions. I drove it for about 100+ kms to identify exactly when- I figured that it happens when i am just touching the brake to slow the vehicle and trying to downshift. The clutch becomes soft, and sometimes won't even travel fully back to the original position. It didn't affect vehicle motions or gear shifts even with the "half travel clutch".

I took it to a local garage for TD with Cars24 technician and they suggested that Master Cylinder needs replacement. So we went to Skoda Showroom as it is to be covered under warranty.

At Skoda service, they did 2 more days of diagnosis driving over 100 Km. And could not find any device leaking or need of replacement. Finally, they decided to replace master cylinder anyway and placed order for parts. This took place on 3rd day and ETA for parts was given as 7 days more i.e. 10 days since I gave the car. On 8th day, today, I get a call stating all parts are received except 1 washer. And they are trying to figure out what to do - apparently it is not available anywhere.

So at this point, i decided to write my first teambhp post and ask what are my options here
1) Can I request for my car back with original parts ?
2) If they don't have a "a part" / the washer, can I get it fixed from outside and ask them to continue warranty? Legally, if skoda has warranty but they themselves cannot fix the car - should they not be covering warranty even if I get it fixed at a FNG?

Can I ask for some compensation for this harassment

Note: From poring over teambhp threads over past few months, I knew a Skoda/VW will bring with it these problems which my 10 year old City never gave me... but I didn't expect it to be so soon and in this fashion for a minor WASHER!
Old 7th June 2023, 17:05   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makyubex View Post
And they are trying to figure out what to do - apparently it is not available anywhere.
Congratulations on your first post.

Have they kept your car with its clutch assembly taken out? Else, I would suggest the below -
1. Keep the job card open.
2. In case they are reluctant, inform that you can give a letter / email mentioning that since part is awaited, you are continuing to use the car.
3. Take the car and use it for day to day needs.
4. Once the part arrives, you take it back and get the whole set replaced.
5. If required, get the part number of washer from them and send a mail to Skoda customer care mentioning about the delay and asking them to quote a delivery timeline.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 17:26   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congratulations on your first post.

Have they kept your car with its clutch assembly taken out? Else, I would suggest the below -
Yes.

At this time, the job card is open as is the clutch assembly. I have been pestering them to reassemble the clutch and give it to me for day to day from Day 1 itself - but they have been reluctant so far given the open clutch.

"It's already open", "labour will be required to do rework" "It's standard time, 8-10 days only" etc etc. I am not sure if they have so much as thrown away the old cylinder/child parts!

Should I let it sit indefinitely in their Service center for want of a washer part! I am not even sure what will happen to the battery given it is nearly 1.5 years old now if it is not running regularly.

Looking for suggestions to manage this gracefully but firmly
Old 7th June 2023, 17:44   #488
BHPian

Quote:

Looking for suggestions to manage this gracefully but firmly
While you continue to pester them, if they need to keep the car for more than 8-10 days then you should demand for a loaner car to keep you going for your day to day activity
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 20:27   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
While you continue to pester them, if they need to keep the car for more than 8-10 days then you should demand for a loaner car to keep you going for your day to day activity
Got car delivered back today finally. Was promised 10th got it on 12th.

A few things that were revelations

1) Apparently Skoda put 1500 petrol for "testing purposes" which they asked us to pay. Funnily, I already had 100 km range while giving them the car, when I got it back it had run 50km and range was 15km!! I rushed to refuel. Things don't add up and I have concluded that it was a ripoff. I am certainly going to change the service center and check for ethics next time again

2) I saw some flickering of the 10" screen when it was parked and I started moving - then after turning it off and on a couple times. it was gone. Not sure if it is something to worry about. (is the battery going to die soon?)

3) The AC keeps blowing very gently (can feel it if you keep you hands near the vents) a few minutes even after it is turned off. Not sure if it is normal - waiting to hear from others.

All in all - happy that the clutch issue is fixed and hopefully can plan a trip soon. For now, office traffic awaits!
makyubex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 21:03   #490
BHPian

Quote:

All in all - happy that the clutch issue is fixed and hopefully can plan a trip soon. For now, office traffic awaits!
1500 for petrol seems like a ripoff , you could try writing to Skoda to confirm if this is the regular norm

VW's batteries are notorious for dying on you without warning , had similar issue on my Vento. better to get the battery checked from a your local battery shop and replace it if required

AC blowing even after turn off is something that I'm yet to experience on Vento & Slavia , honestly never really paid too much attention to it as I switch off the ignition and get out of the car in less than 30 seconds. Will try and check this tomorrow after reaching office

Just hope with the new clutch it puts an end to to run to SC and rather have you spending time with the car on roads
Old 12th June 2023, 21:14   #491
BHPian

Quote:

1) Apparently Skoda put 1500 petrol for "testing purposes" which they asked us to pay. Funnily, I already had 100 km range while giving them the car, when I got it back it had run 50km and range was 15km!! I rushed to refuel. Things don't add up and I have concluded that it was a ripoff. I am certainly going to change the service center and check for ethics next time again
If they filled petrol for 1500 bucks, you should have demanded for the fuel bill to prove their claim with your car number. I'd not pay it just by word of mouth. You are within your legal rights to demand bills for expenses that they are charging you. Isn't it?
Old 12th June 2023, 22:15   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
1500 for petrol seems like a ripoff , you could try writing to Skoda to confirm if this is the regular norm

VW's batteries are notorious for dying on you without warning , had similar issue on my Vento. better to get the battery checked from a your local battery shop and replace it if required

AC blowing even after turn off is something that I'm yet to experience on Vento & Slavia , honestly never really paid too much attention to it as I switch off the ignition and get out of the car in less than 30 seconds. Will try and check this tomorrow after reaching office

Just hope with the new clutch it puts an end to to run to SC and rather have you spending time with the car on roads
On the AC front - it keeps blowing very mildly if car is still running and I turn off AC to take in the outside breeze - not in standstill/Off mode - not sure if it is recirculation thing where it takes in external air.

On batteries - the car had not run for nearly 10 days, hoping daily office run will "recharge" it...will still get it checked locally once. I have read stories on how battery has to be SKODA issues else warranty goes - is it true OR can we buy the same model outside and continue warranty...

Hoping for the clutch issues to be behind now and open roads ahead.
Old 12th June 2023, 23:20   #493
BHPian

Quote:

Good to hear your issue is resolved.

For the benefit of others, do name the service center who asked you to pay for the petrol you filled before leaving the car with them!
Old 13th June 2023, 05:35   #494
BHPian

Quote:

On batteries - the car had not run for nearly 10 days, hoping daily office run will "recharge" it...will still get it checked locally once. I have read stories on how battery has to be SKODA issues else warranty goes - is it true OR can we buy the same model outside and continue warranty...
If the car is still under warranty then best to get the battery replaced from Skoda itself , the last thing you want to do is serve them a reason to decline any warranty claim on a silver plater . I would suggest do check if you can buy extended warranty if not purchased already.
Old 18th August 2023, 19:11   #495
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I have owned a Kushaq 1.0 MT since 2021 Oct and has been a troublefree ownership so far.

3 months ago, somewhere in May I was called in by Skoda TAFE bangalore to get the software update to fix AC issues. Luck would have it, the day before my update I lost complete AC cold air. Reached Tafe and asked them what was the issue. The problem was diagnosed as rat bite and they would fix it along with the software upgrade. After the incident, it has been a fairly easy ownership.

Until it wasnt. Nearly 2 years into the ownership and just over 10000 kms I had the dreaded EPC light turn on. I had just turned around the block from my home while I was on my way to office and saw the light turn on. I immediately called Service center and they said it is ok and you can drive it into the service center. Now this on 9th Aug and I had some important meeting in the office which I couldnt avoid, so took an uber to office and then decided to drop the car off on 10th Aug to the service center. On the 10th, I turn the car on and now the check engine light is also on. I decided to go ahead and drop the vehicle anyway.

I was told 2 things on arriving at the service center :

1. There are some signs of rat damage but needs closer inspection.
Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-old2.jpg
2. Skoda has recalled fuel pumps yet again from Jun 2023 for certain model series. When I bought the car, i was told that the new robust fuel pumps were already installed and there is no reason to worry about EPC! Clearly not the case!

I received an update from the service advisor that there is some wire damage as well that needs to be updated. I was disappointed and also grateful that nothing else had been damaged. Below is the proof of damage:
Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-old1.jpg

As luck would have it, this wiring harness was not in stock and it wouldnt be available untill after 15th due to holiday season. The car was then fixed on 16th and finally delivered to me on 17th Aug.

I had a small test ride and happy all issues were mitigated.

Tafe did a good job with keeping me informed and being open about all the issues. However what was not justified is not informing the customer that their fuel pump needed to be replaced which was confirmed in June by Skoda!

As a kushaq owner, I had already mentally prepared for this situation. I beleived they would fix it when it came to it. But waiting till the customer actually sees the issue and report is plain pathetic. If it was any other country, this would have been handled in a very different way.

Some pics of the new parts:
Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-new1.jpg

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-new2.jpg

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-new3.jpg

I am now actively looking for a mesh to avoid this situation altogether. I regularly apply 3M rat repellent, in fact every month on 20th without a miss. Dont think it helps.

Thanks
RGK

Most Viewed