Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 18:34   #466
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranib458 View Post
My vehicle was also planned to be transported from Tirunelveli, TN to Bangalore but was dropped as the team had already identified the cause.

This software update was expected to be delivered sooner but after follow-ups, Skoda mentioned the update is ready and it is expected to be loaded in my vehicle soon. I'll share information whenever this is done.
So, you've bought the vehicle at Aura Motors, Tirunelveli? Thereby, when did you buy it and how much KMs have you driven it?
Old 27th November 2021, 11:04   #467

Yes. Got it via Aura Motors. Delivered on 18-Oct and has covered 1500 Kms.
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:07   #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranib458 View Post
I have a 1.0 AT. I faced multiple EPC warnings and am still getting the warning every other day I start the vehicle. I've got a written assurance from Skoda SC stating I can drive the car even if EPC warning comes on and there will be no impact to vehicle performance. I haven't faced any breakdowns (touchwood) till date. Delivery challan from service station states "Delivered under observation".

Skoda had gathered 4 cars with similar issue at one of their Bangalore service center a month and a half back. They have identified a Sensor in fuel management system to be causing these warnings. They are supposedly working with Bosch on a software patch to solve this issue. My vehicle was also planned to be transported from Tirunelveli, TN to Bangalore but was dropped as the team had already identified the cause.

This software update was expected to be delivered sooner but after follow-ups, Skoda mentioned the update is ready and it is expected to be loaded in my vehicle soon. I'll share information whenever this is done.
An update on above. Got the software updated this Monday from PPS Skoda, Bangalore. No difference in performance is observed and no EPC warning for past 3 days aswell. Some more observation is required.

Looks like mine is the first vehicle to get this update from PPS Skoda and the update will be part of internal PDI for all new deliveries.

There is also a campaign running for door rattles. This includes cleaning of all rubber panels which come in contact with all 4 doors and then lubrication. Noise has considerably come down but it still comes up when going though slow sections of damaged roads. This seems to be just a temporary fix and should be done in some regular intervals.
baranib458 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 18:48   #469
BHPian

Can someone tell if any such thread exists for Volkswagen Taigun?
Old 28th January 2022, 16:10   #470
BHPian

The EPC issue rears its ugly head again?

https://www.carblogindia.com/skoda-k...new-fuel-pump/

[
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 16:46   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
The EPC issue rears its ugly head again?
Not sure of the issues mentioned in the article, but saw this error reported yesterday that looks to be a genuine breakdown. Owner details can be verified using Vahan to match his social media handle.

In the video posted, it can be seen that the engine fails to start despite repeated cranking. Root cause is yet to be updated.

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20220128082237_facebook.jpg

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20220128082206_facebook.jpg

Edit: Just read the article. Looks to be based on the above case only.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th January 2022 at 16:54.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 23:49   #472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Root cause is yet to be updated.
It is the fuel pump and was replaced again now (owner had a break down and replaced the pump few months back too). Details as shared by the owner -

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20220131234225_facebook.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 00:43   #473
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
It is the fuel pump and was replaced again now (owner had a break down and replaced the pump few months back too). Details as shared by the owner -

Attachment 2267466
So,Is the EPC issue really solved? Is fuel pump the real root cause?
VIZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 08:39   #474
Senior - BHPian

While the reported cases have dropped and Skoda going on with their robust fuel pump solving the issue which happened due to poor fuel quality, I am still not comfortable with the idea because :

- The robust fuel pump change hasn't brought down the cases to zero.

- Their 10+ million kms of road tests across regions didn't throw up this issue? were they carrying fuel ? did they have the robust pump ?

While I wish this issue is sorted for good but the dots aren't lining up yet. Wish Skoda could issue a proper explanation covering the questions above.

Last edited by shancz : 1st February 2022 at 08:39. Reason: formatting
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 09:23   #475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
While I wish this issue is sorted for good but the dots aren't lining up yet.
EPC complaints seem to be sorted except for the occasional complaints like the above.

But recently there seems to be a new common error of component protection getting enabled. Wonder what is triggering this, though looks like the dealerships might be doing a simple reset to fix it for now. Is this "Safe CP" some sort of 'limp mode'?

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20220201090445_facebook.jpg
Source

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20220201090321_facebook.jpg
Source

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20220201090341_facebook.jpg
Source

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20220201092029_facebook.jpg
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 10:04   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this "Safe CP" some sort of 'limp mode'?
Internet says it indicates a fault in the electrical systems/accesories like ICE but someone mentioned some BCM issue could cause it as well.
Haven't reseached much but seems unrelated to the EPC/Fuel pump issue or could be if there was an update for the EPC which caused this. Can't say, equal probability of both.

Here's a link with some of the error codes via OBD,
Credits to Providers : VWWatercooled AU
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 23:02   #477
BHPian

Has anyone faced issue of delayed update on Skoda Connect? I normally notice a significant lag in the status being correctly being updated in the app. After trip end, sometimes it takes 1 hr to show correct vehicle position and status.

This is disappointing as basically I am unable to use real time tracking effectively. Skoda's connected features may be the most backward currently in the market.
Old 25th May 2022, 08:09   #478
BHPian

Quote:
EPC complaints seem to be sorted except for the occasional complaints like the above.

But recently there seems to be a new common error of component protection getting enabled. Wonder what is triggering this, though looks like the dealerships might be doing a simple reset to fix it for now. Is this "Safe CP" some sort of 'limp mode'?

Attachment 2267526
Source

Attachment 2267527
Source

Attachment 2267528
Source

Attachment 2267532
Source
I faced an EPC issue on my Nov 2021 Polo TSI. The car just would not start. If you leave the car be for say an hour it starts for a min with the light still on and then shuts down. Had it towed to the service center. lets see.
arbardhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:26   #479
BHPian

From the pics of I see that these issues are in the earlier models with analogue clusters. Is the EPC an issue in the recently manufactured models( with the digital cockpit)?
Are there any new issues in the recently manufactured vehicles?
Old 4th October 2022, 13:01   #480

Done 16K+ KMS on my Kushaq 1.0 TSI Automatic in the last one year.
The car has been to the workshop atleast 5 time other than the servicing due at 15K for multiple issues - Fuel pump, compressor, Rear wheel hub, Power window issue (yet to be resolved) and while I thought this was the last of issues, I recently had the privilege of seeing the EPC light while on my way to Mussoorie. The was stuck on a steep uphill road and just wouldnt start. The throttle lost power and the car shut. This being an automatic it was a task to get the car safely to one side of the road.
Absolutely zero assistance from Skoda all they could offer was tow the car but no on the spot assistance to get the car to safety. I wasnt really sure either how the tow car would reach this uphill road.
We were stranded on the road for a good 1 hour before the car started again and were able to reach our destination safely. We were also able to return back to Gurgaon without any issues. However, this experience just make this car unreliable.
The car is back to workshop for the 6th time with technicians trying to figure out the issue
khimran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks