Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 11:44   #91
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner DPF Issues

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies for the delay in an update.

The car has done almost 19K (the original post was at 11K).

I have been deliberating with people from Toyota as to how to solve the problem. Unfortunately, there was a significant lack of clarity, so no one was able to provide concrete answers.

I got a call on Tuesday (14th Dec) from the local Toyota Dealership where I service my cars. They updated that the HO has approved replacement of a large number of parts for your vehicle, the parts have been ordered the same would take about a week.

Today (16th Dec), I planned a visit. I spoke to the guy, he said that the issue is being resolved, there may be issues in my vehicle (some faulty parts).

When i asked for details of the parts, he couldn't provide the same at that moment. I told him, when the parts come, let me know, I will check the same and then we proceed.

in conclusion, It is a possibility that my vehicle was among the first few lots of 2021 Fortuner and a faulty part may have caused the issue.

Will update the group as and when something happens.
shivs2003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 21:28   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post

in conclusion, It is a possibility that my vehicle was among the first few lots of 2021 Fortuner and a faulty part may have caused the issue.

Curious to know if this fixed your issue. I also went through a similar issue in my Crysta. They replaced the catalytic converter and the injectors. I have drive 5K kms since then and haven't had any issues.

I suspect that the root cause for my issue was filling up at a bad pump on the highway with highly adulterated diesel. That must have damaged some parts of the system which then caused the issue to keep recurring. Fingers crossed that it is resolved now.
Old 20th July 2022, 15:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

With DPF-clogging issues galore in Mahindra Thars at high altitude terrain like Ladakh, are there any similar issues reported in BS6 Fortuners of late?

Edit: Just came across a similar issues on the Hilux thread here (Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh)

Last edited by cool_dube : 20th July 2022 at 15:37.
Old 13th December 2022, 11:34   #94
BHPian

Facing a similar issue with my December 2021 2WD AT Fortuner driven 15,000 KM till date. DPF got clogged and got it cleaned from the Dealership on 27th November. However, with 2 weeks, the same problem re-occurred and per the service advisor (Galaxy Toyota, Moti Nagar), this is a very common problem with all Fortuners and all the cars have to come in every 20-30 days for getting it cleaned. As per him, there is no way around it.
Old 3rd January 2023, 16:11   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post
Hi Shiv, any update?
I’m planning to purchase a Legender but really apprehensive if DPF issues are still present on the Fortuner series.
Old 4th January 2023, 13:05   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
Hi Shiv, any update?
I’m planning to purchase a Legender but really apprehensive if DPF issues are still present on the Fortuner series.
Hi All,

Apologies for the extremely delayed response.

After highlighting the issue with Toyota, the mater was escalated to TKM Bangalore.

The team analyzed and reverted that my vehicle was part of the initial batch of Fortuners. Also, some of the parts in the same were not 100% OK (design / engineering flaws). The later vehicles had the updated parts.

Based on the situation, my injectors were severely damaged. Considering the issue was a design flaw, all injectors and DPF components were replaced in a good-will gesture. As per my knowledge, the total cost was approx 5-6 L worth of parts, each injector is approx 1L.

The vehicle was repaired approx 6 months ago, no issues since then, it is running smooth.
shivs2003 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 20:48   #97

Hi Friends, I have got my subscription activated today and i am hoping to get some guidance on DPF issue that i face in my Fortuner.
I drive a 2021 Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT (purchased on Jan 2022) and have done 18500 KMs now. While I absolutely love this beast, Toyota experience has been a mixed bag for me till now.
As many other BS6 diesel machines, I have been facing issues with DPF, but quite opposite to most of the folks, as my Fortuner triggers Auto-Regen every ~100KMS, resulting in abnormal consumption of 5L of AdBlue for 1500-1800KMS.
This issue is there since I brought the car and struggling with the Lanson Toyota Pallikaranai to fix it. I am told that they checked all components, PM deposit rate and now blaming on my driving style, but they don't give me the information like what kind of driving consumes this much AdBlue.
I have tried reporting to TKM helpdesk, but still i am not getting any positive response from the dealer when i ask for a solid troubleshooting plan.
While I continue my fight with the dealer, want to hear some guidance from the community.
Should i try my luck with some other dealer? Can someone from Chennai help me with their reliable service contact to check this issue with them?
Please suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks