Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2022, 20:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Multiple issues on brand-new Tata Safari Dark Edition

@revved_up, Sorry about your ordeal with new Safari Dark .

Being a recent buyer of Safari Dark, this thread looks like a horror movie to me.
Sorry and no offense here to forum members for sharing their side of ordeals.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping Tata is reading these feedbacks and will take serious actions.
ramjiramu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 20:23   #32

Going by the experiencs shared by @revved_up, I am into dilemma whether to go for Tata car or not.I've booked Tata Nexon XZ+ (D) and been waiting since 3 months.Now they have told me that I'll get the car by EOM-April'22.Having read the ordeal of our fellow TBHPians, I'm confused what to do.
Old 18th April 2022, 20:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ and took delivery in the end of Feb 2022!

I have been getting embarrassed for choosing this car from day 1(Literally). So here is how it went till now:

Date - 23 feb 2022 - Delivery Day
I feel you bro...I was planning to buy Safari as XUV700 has too long waiting period. I am having second thoughts now.
cowboy45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 20:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Rest, i will get to know once i get the car tomorrow.
Hope it solves the problem. The service experience you had was exactly what I have experienced. The whole service situation is Hopeless. I, now know why people buy Marutis. Try finding a FNG in your neighborhood and avoid the headache.
Sameer016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 23:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Just got off the phone with Autovikas and Tata Care Manager. They have confirmed the silverbox has been replaced and all seems fine for now! They have also done the wheel alignment and steering adjustment to correct the left pull.

However, they want to keep the car overnight and do a final road test tomorrow morning before they deliver the car. I have agreed for the same.

Rest, i will get to know once i get the car tomorrow.
That sounds promising. Hope all the issues will get sorted after this.

I have a 2 month old safari with 3500 km on odo now. Had an issue with AC not working intermittently but that was sorted immediately after they changed the relay. Only issue so far has been the Armrest USB ports. Service centre tech have replaced the fuse twice and have promised a USB ports replacement if the issue reappears. Guess the point is, issues with Tata cars seems to be a norm rather than being an exception. I am still very happy with the car but these niggles are definitely irritating.
Luckily my experience at both Showroom in Ambala as well as service center in Chandigarh has been very good. Fingers crossed.
SinghP09 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 23:42   #36
BHPian

@revved_up, your ordeal is painful to read and imagine. Good to know that the issue was resolved now.

One practice that I always follow is do things on weekdays instead of weekends. Be it Car service, Dr appointment, temple visit, movies, bank work, any other govt office work etc. In the current age, weekends are extremely busy that all businesses though prepare for it still can't handle the load. Better take few hours off, do it on weekdays to get proper attention and the work completion.

In regards to Tata, don't have much comment except this -- they should change. The change should start right from their logo. Whenever I see the Tata logo I remember only the trucks, vans, lorries etc. They should distinguish their car and premium car segments from trucks or lorries. The sales showrooms, service center etc. needs cultural change which is customer centered.
darthvader001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 00:51   #37
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal @revved_up. I can correlate with what you’re going through. The inconvenience, mental agony, embarrassment, everything. Unfortunately this is the price to pay for when there is too much tech in the car. IMHO, critical alerts should be still done via the good old analog fashion. Instead, all manufacturers are now removing the practical and user friendly mechanisms, even A/C controls and stuffing all those to a digital screen. And once the screen goes kaput, multiple functions are affected.
On a related note, you should be thankful that it was not a mechanical failure that might have left you stranded in the middle of the journey. Having said that this is no way to treat a customer of their most premium offering after spending 25+ Lakhs. Are these covered in extended warranty as well?
Old 19th April 2022, 01:00   #38

Quote:
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ and took delivery in the end of Feb 2022!

I have been getting embarrassed for choosing this car from day 1(Literally). So here is how it went till now:

To be continued........
Same story here with My XZA + Harrier. It's been an absolute disaster. I have called for a meeting with the Service Heads and the CEO of the dealership. I'm taking this up legally, because my car is 36 days old to be precise and it has spent 15 days in the SC and has started working twice along with all of the above you mentioned. Extremely disappointed with the appalling quality of their electronics. My initial choice was the Hyundai Tucson. I completely regret not buying the car now! But if destiny permits I might perhaps actually end up buying that. Will keep you posted! BTW, I had an issue even with a diode in the BCM!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th April 2022 at 17:31. Reason: Please avoid typing....like....this, and proofread your posts before submitting. Thanks.
Redlock666 is offline   (17) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 19th April 2022, 06:42   #39
BHPian

Sorry to read about your terrible experience with a Tata Vehicle. Its no surprise though. Those who've been reading my posts in various places will know why I prefer Japanese or German brands over Indian, Korean or even American brands any day. Although, I hope they fix it for you but in future and also for those reading this, please Avoid buying Tata and Mahindra Vehicles at all costs. I can't be more straight up in saying so.

They literally don't spend that kind of money on R&D like other manufacturers do even while they can because the consumers here rarely drag them to the court. Had this been some other country, they would've gone bankrupt by now for their unethical conduct and compensation cases against them. In India, their consumer base is their sole R&D source for improvements and feedback. So unless you wish to throw more money at these manufacturers to make them richer while you keep suffering, I'd seriously suggest stay away from them. I've owned and driven Tata and Mahindra Vehicles long enough and have good friends working at their manufacturing facilities, so I know a thing or two when it comes to their poor quality control and low quality components being used to put a car together. Although you might be paying a little extra for Japanese/German vehicles but you'll get your money's worth for it in the end. If the budget won't allow, I'd rather settle for a smaller vehicle from these reputed brands than ever paying my money to Tata or Mahindra.

I'd suggest you file a consumer complaint against them. That might help you out. Someone I know did the same to them and won the case. Not sure he got the compensation yet or not for the harassment.
The Rainmaker is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 09:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlock666 View Post
My initial choice was the Hyundai Tucson .. I completely regretting not buying the car now!
Please tell us what happened. I am on the verge of buying a Harrier and would like to hear more.

Reading this thread has made me second guess my decision to give Harrier a decent shot. I am sincerely hoping that these issues are rare.
Old 19th April 2022, 09:49   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerspiff View Post
Please tell us what happened. I am on the verge of buying a Harrier and would like to hear more.

Reading this thread has made me second guess my decision to give Harrier a decent shot. I am sincerely hoping that these issues are rare.
Hi Tracer, in the last 30 days I have been doing a lot of research and to be honest there isn't a single car without issues except the Tucson. Anything else you touch, you are going to go crazy! Or Jeep Compass, but the 9 speed automatic in the diesel variant is not an inspiring one, and the petrol automatic is a guzzler (7 or 8 Kms per litre)

Harrier, if you are lucky and you get a defect free piece, will make your day! But honestly speaking, if this is going to be your only car with no back up, my suggestion is go for the Tucson. It is a hassle free, sophisticated and decent car, but not a one which will wow you or stand out like the Harrier. My view is that it somewhat lacks the road presence and seems like a slight rip off the last gen Merc GLC (which is actually not such a band thing in hind sight!)

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th April 2022 at 18:51. Reason: Poorly typed post. Avoid.. typing.. like.. this.
Old 19th April 2022, 11:06   #42
BHPian

Ohh Man!. I was just gathering enough courage to book Tata Punch despite the slow AMT and lifeless engine. I guess I'd have to wait for the new Brezza. Just shared the link of this thread with my wife who was sold on the Punch. We have been looking for an upgrade as a replacement to our training wheels (S-Presso) for quite some time but couldn't find anything that actually seems like an upgrade within budget. Considering that we had zero issues with the S-Presso for almost 2 years - I do not want to buy something that would be a downgrade on reliability since we are not mechanically inclined.

To the OP and the other posters - Thanks a lot for taking the time and sharing. You have all made my decision easier.
darkfantasy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 12:53   #43
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal @revved_up. No new car owner should go through this. I myself thought a lot about going for Safari but after looking a lot through different forums and youtube reviews, decided to opt-out. I can't imaging how Tata can fix their dealerships considering there has been no solid response so far despite multiple owners raising concerns. I guess they are happy the way things are, considering the solid sales they carry on the "who cares" attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROO7 View Post
The case with the above Tata Safari and many more on the forum clearly states that just for the sake of safety and Indian brand Indian car sentiment Tata motors is taking its customers for a ride.

Moving on to the car in question, @revved_up I might sound a bit over the top with this advice, but I guess it's high time to get your car (read lemon) fixed (whatever is possible under warranty by ASC) and sell it off. Cut your losses before it's too late. In the process, you might lose a couple of lakhs, but that's something better than losing your peace of mind.

Reading this report and how your car was taken and treated at the service center shows that Tata still works like an incompetent public organization. No wonder whenever in the past I have stepped inside a Tata showroom I got Post Office vibes.
One of the things I also noticed was that there are a LOT of Tata cars, barely driven, on sale in the second-hand market. I am assuming these are possible "lemons" with frustrated owners trying to get rid of their cars.

TATA has a long way to go...

See the postings I found on one of the sites - Just for Pune!

Multiple issues on brand-new Tata Safari Dark Edition-screenshot-20220419-12.42.40-pm.png

Multiple issues on brand-new Tata Safari Dark Edition-screenshot-20220419-12.42.28-pm.png
arpirocks is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 14:43   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlock666 View Post
Hi Tracer, in the last 30 days I have been doing a lot of research and to be honest there isn't a single car without issues except the Tucson. Anything else you touch, you are going to go crazy! Or Jeep Compass, but the 9 speed automatic in the diesel variant is not an inspiring one, and the petrol automatic is a guzzler (7 or 8 Kms per litre)

Harrier, if you are lucky and you get a defect free piece, will make your day! But honestly speaking, if this is going to be your only car with no back up, my suggestion is go for the Tucson. It is a hassle free, sophisticated and decent car, but not a one which will wow you or stand out like the Harrier. My view is that it somewhat lacks the road presence and seems like a slight rip off the last gen Merc GLC (which is actually not such a band thing in hind sight!)
Sorry to hear about your experience but the Tucson is far from being a saint. We have 2 Tucsons in my friends circle. Both had issues related to the steering rack & motor, combination switch & air conditioning. Parts were never available (that’s a Hyundai special thing-shortage of parts). Pricing of certain parts is way higher than the segment.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th April 2022 at 18:51. Reason: Quoted post edited
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 15:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Having owned a TATA car for 11 years, below are the lessons I learnt while maintaining a TATA car.
Oh my gosh! I was considering a Harrier when I was in the market for a new car, about 8 months ago. Thank god I didn't touch a TATA product.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th April 2022 at 18:52. Reason: Please quote only relevant sections of the post.
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks