Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 15:23   #76
BHPian

Re: Multiple issues on brand-new Tata Safari Dark Edition

Update on my issue:
I returned back to delhi on Friday night. Got a call from Autovikas on Sunday, the lady said they want to pickup my car again on Monday to get it checked. As per her on whatever cars they have done silverbox replacement, they have'nt been reported random restart of the screens thereafter and mine is the only car which has reported this.

I told her i want a concrete action plan on what their plan is. I am not going to keep sending in my car without a concrete plan of action. Two days gone, still to hear from her.

Meanwhile since i have been working from home both yesterday and today, i did not get to use the vehicle since last Wednesday when i last drove it.

Wait continues.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Dear Tata, if you are reading this, please note that, while issues may happen, it is how you help us customers to resolve them matters more. If you are apathetic and simply wash off your hands by saying, no ETA, do you seriously think we should invest our hard-earned money in your products?

--Anoop
Please do the following:
- Raise a formal written complaint with Tata customer care
- Send a tweet about this and tag Tata motors official handle
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 16:02   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Ithey have'nt been reported random restart of the screens thereafter and mine is the only car which has reported this.
Do not use your phone via Android Auto, just use Bluetooth or if possible, do not connect the phone at all and then observe if it still gets restarted.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 16:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do not use your phone via Android Auto, just use Bluetooth or if possible, do not connect the phone at all and then observe if it still gets restarted.
I will try this, however the issue is so random that sometimes it does not happen for days and at other times it will hapeen twice a day. But yes, i have android auto on almost 100% of the time. Infact i have a phone which is dedicated for this and stays in the glovebox.

If it is really due to additional load of android auto, and (assuming) it does not happen without android auto, do you recommend not using it at all?
Old 26th April 2022, 16:45   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If it is really due to additional load of android auto, and (assuming) it does not happen without android auto, do you recommend not using it at all?
I will not say load perse, just some kind of conflict of operating systems, perhaps. You should try to remove all external options, any USB etc. Just use the built-in radio for a while. Get a good quality mount and use the navigation on phone for few days.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 18:55   #80
Senior - BHPian

It is not just TATA, even brands like Visteon are generating bad reputation.

What if, the head unit is thrown out (destroyed actually so that it doesnt harm anyone else) and replaced with an aftermarket Hypersonic system? Will that be a solution somehow?

Quote:
Android Auto itself is such a poor application. I use both Android auto and Apple CarPlay and I have been saying this for the past two years that CarPlay is the only logical system for navigation and music. Android auto is a buggy system that is prone to lags or even crashes (the car I drive is a Maruti S-Cross). Moreover, there is no multi display option in Android auto which is “awesomely” present in CarPlay.

Is there any iPhone around that you can try and see if the restarts disappear?
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 19:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
It is not just TATA, even brands like Visteon are generating bad reputation.

What if, the head unit is thrown out (destroyed actually so that it doesnt harm anyone else) and replaced with an aftermarket Hypersonic system? Will that be a solution somehow?
The instrument cluster is also controlled by the same silver box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Is there any iPhone around that you can try and see if the restarts disappear?
Actually i do have an old iphone Xs which i was trying to sell off on olx. Can surely try that.
Old 26th April 2022, 19:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please do the following:
- Raise a formal written complaint with Tata customer care
- Send a tweet about this and tag Tata motors official handle
Thank you. I shot off an e-mail to Tata Customer care and the Regional Customer care manager of Tata motors and posted comments on the official Tata Instagram handle.

I got a boilerplate reply from the customer care manager and the Tata SM team has reached out to me through Instagram, asking for contact details to connect. I have provided them and waiting to see if there will be any development.

I will do a tweet also, as you suggested.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 10:45   #83
Senior - BHPian

At last, some movement - due to the pressure applied, the silver box has started its journey from Nasik to Thrissur and they expect to receive the package at Hyson Motors Thrissur by tomorrow, and I may get it by Saturday - but I have made up my mind that it may come only by Monday so that I don't get disappointed on Saturday

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 16:15   #84
BHPian

Quote:
At last, some movement - due to the pressure applied, the silver box has started its journey from Nasik to Thrissur and they expect to receive the package at Hyson Motors Thrissur by tomorrow, and I may get it by Saturday - but I have made up my mind that it may come only by Monday so that I don't get disappointed on Saturday

--Anoop
Atleast that's the positive side of things. Tata Motors takes action and listens to the complaints.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 16:22   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Update after 2 days of driving:

The infotainment cluster along with instrument cluster crashed twice in my 50kms drive. Fortunately both the screens came back up in 5 odd seconds.
Have informed this to Tata, they are still clueless and asked me whether I made a video of this.

I told them all this happens very randomly and while driving and most importantly within 5 seconds, how can I make a video?

They see a little confused, but from what I know many Safari harrier owners have this issue.
I am travelling out of Delhi and they have told they will connect with me on Saturday.

Let’s see…..
My Safari system also use to crash the same way , now i don't see the issue anymore. Also i didn't reported this issue and it got sorted on its own. Seems like some bug with android auto or something. Since 2000 kms so far no system restart issue has happened.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 18:09   #86
Senior - BHPian

Got a pleasant surprise yesterday when SA informed me that the part arrived at Thrissur Hyson (it seems like they air freighted it) and he told me that I will get it fixed today.

True to his word, he called by 9.30 to inform that the part will arrive by 2.30 and I can bring the car and get it fixed in 30 - 45 minutes. Got another call from him by 2.00 pm saying the part arrived so I reached the service centre by 2.30. The car was taken inside promptly and the part was replaced and the software was updated to R 18.11 and I got the car back by 3.20.

So, at least it's true that Tata listen to complaints and a little pressure applied can bring faster results.

Quote:
Atleast that's the positive side of things. Tata Motors takes action and listens to the complaints.
True. In all these fiascos, at least that is a silver lining.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 18:16   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Since 2000 kms so far no system restart issue has happened.
I think i will consciously try to lessen my usage of google maps on android auto. maybe that makes it better.

Quote:
it's true that Tata listen to complaints and a little pressure applied can bring faster results.

True. In all these fiascos, at least that is a silver lining.

--Anoop
Great news! Hope you have trouble-free and glitch free experience henceforth.
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 22:04   #88
BHPian

Every enthusiastic Tata customer knows that niggles are a matter of when, not if. It's the attitude of customer service that is simply horrendous and un acceptable. I too have a similar experience with my Tiago's front accidental repair. It was so horrible, I'm not got gonna write about it in this forum. I can't go through the trauma again while writing it here.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 18:05   #89

I'm surprised you chose not to name and shame the dealership - unless it's somewhere in the thread of replies and I've missed it
Old 27th May 2022, 21:53   #90

I made a visit today to KHT Motors stockyard intend in doing a personal PDI of the Safari Dark XZ+ allocated to me. Sales Advisor lead me to a inadequately lit basement where the vehicle was parked among 50 others. There was atleast two layers of dust all over on the car and mud splotches / bird droppings on the hood. Furthermore , one of the tail lights was missing which was news even to the Salesperson. And the strange part was that vehicle had Tata PDI OK stickers pasted on it. None of the vehicles in close vicinity had this issue of missing tail light. Salesperson was expecting me to continue doing the PDI there. I simply refused and asked the salesperson to find out about the tail light, clean the vehicle and bring it out in the open daylight. Was told it will take at least a day or two. I left the facility fuming at that point.
Am in a bit of conundrum and need advice if I should refuse the vehicle and ask for a different vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks