Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2022, 19:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Major engine problem in a 40-day-old Jeep Compass

I think I have shared my opinion on Jeep several times on this Forum specially after personal experience.

As rightly pointed above, issues can always come in machines but it is how those issues are resolved which matters.

I am just surprised to see how they are just continuing to launch new products without offering any ASS to the existing ones.

For your situation, I just hope against all hopes that your issue gets resolved soon. I can totally relate on how you feel after spending so much money and putting so much faith in a brand.
dular is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 09:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
-

- Yes, we’ve already done that on twitter but to no avail. Haven’t received any reply from their official twitter handle. Unfortunately both me and my brother don’t have an Facebook account.

Also tag leading Indian automotive magazines, blogs and rival manufacturers (TATA/M&M/KIA etc.). Hope that makes them wake up.
Maverick5490 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 11:38   #18
BANNED

When man can make mistakes, a machine made by man is bound to have errors. So a car may have issues, but the brand reputation depends on how quickly they fix the issue . As suggested by bhpian Maverick 5490, tag the leading automotive magazines like autocar, overdrive etc. which will create a pressure on Jeep to solve your issue. You also have the power of team bhp with you. Keep the thread updated with the proceedings. Sorry to see such a new car, specially cars which are supposed to be carrying us anywhere, are being carried by tow trucks to the service station and lying there.
DR Manabendra S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 12:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Vehicle current location: at dealer workshop. Dealer: Car Planet Enterprises Pvt Ltd, .
Raipur Chhattisgarh. India
Hi
Best to avoid posting personally identifiable info on an open forum.
som9729 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 13:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki / Toyota (excluding big daddy Fortuner & Innova) must've been silently smirking at each other for providing niggle-free ownership experience at the cost of a fairly underpowered engines by sacrificing performance.

I really feel for your brother and I hope he gets the resolution soon enough from Jeep! BS6 has ruined diesels for good and next year I'm sure even bigger diesels in passenger cars will face a lot of issues with new regulations around emissions.

Last edited by gururajrv : 28th October 2022 at 13:16.
gururajrv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 14:36   #21
BHPian

Hey man - so sorry to hear about this horrible experience. In addition to all that you are doing,

1) Tweet about this experience to FCA and also tag the consumer forum (https://twitter.com/consaff) - follow these accounts first and then tweet. If they dont respond, send them a DM. You will need this in case the issue remains unresolved.
2) Speak to the CRM at the dealership and keep email IDs of all higher ups ready (the email aliases might not help, please ask for actual email IDs).
3) Write to a couple of automotive mags and explain your experience in detail, good chance they might pick it up.
4) Please tell them you / your brother will be present when they replace the engine and not to start the same without one of you being present physically. From the way you have described your ordeal, i wont take then on face value.
5) Please make sure the dealer helps you with the changes to RC and insurance policy once the new engine is fitted onto the car.

Good luck!
sameer_vwagner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 15:27   #22

I request the Team BHP Admin to get me connected to this friend.

I have very poor paint finish issue with Compass 4X4.
For the beginning, pls download Customers Protect Act 2019, small document. Manufacturer has to replace a defective product or refund the money. You will have to prove the defect. If you can also record mental agony, hardship, compensation to the tune of at least 25% of invoice value will be levied by the consumer forum or state commission. For which start writing emails, call the customer care, note down their names, capture them in emails. Little cumbersome but can be done.

Ask the dealer to connect you with the Area manager & Zonal Manager. Take their email ids, start tagging them.

If we can get connected, we could exchange some notes. Little apprehensive to put all details in public domain.

All the best.
Quote:
Hello fellow team-bhpians,

I am reaching out on behalf of my Brother who purchased Jeep Compass diesel 4*4 automatic limited (O) on 8th September 2022 from Car Planet Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Raipur. Within 40 days of delivery, and barely driving few hundred KMs his car ran into serious engine issue.
I am quoting his ordeal below for you all to read. The same has been posted on twitter but the issue seems to be going nowhere as of now.

My jeep compass diesel 4*4 automatic limited (O) experience - first 40 days
1. Vehicle bought on 8th September 2022, was lying idle at home for 10 days waiting for RTO
2. Started using it around 18th September - normal driving , did not exceed speed above 80 kmph.
3. On 19th October 2022, while on a drive, engine suddenly shutoff and refused to start. Tried 3 times.
4. Called RSA immediately and got the vehicle towed to the dealership same day 19th October 2022. 1100 km on the odo at the time tow truck took the vehicle to the dealer workshop.
5. I called dealer next day, they said they could not diagnose the problem.
6. I visited the dealership on 21st October, then they verbally told me that engine has
frozen and there's a shaft which broke .
7. I wrote mails to service.indiajeep@stellantis.com
gm.sales@carplanet.org.in jeep.india@fcaindiagroup.com
Stating the issue . No response till date.
8. I have requested for a entirely new car with exact same specification or if that is not possible a new engine being fitted at the manufacturing unit as against the dealer workshop to ensure proper QA. No response to this either.
9. Planning legal action if no response by week ending 30th October.
10. Owner: Premal Mishra
VIN: MCANJRCY7NFA96253*7N
Date of purchase: 8th September 2022 Problem occurred: 19th October
Vehicle current location: at dealer workshop. Dealer: Car Planet Enterprises Pvt Ltd, .
Raipur Chhattisgarh. India
Goofy, my pet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 16:08   #23
agm
BHPian

Thanks a lot all you amazing people for all the suggestions and inputs. Really appreciate

My brother received a mail some time back that company has approved engine change. It’ll be done at the dealers workshop with the help of experts.

Once the engine will be dispatched, dealer will update us about the same through mail. My brother will be physically present at the workshop when they’ll install the new engine.
agm is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 16:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot all you amazing people for all the suggestions and inputs. Really appreciate

My brother received a mail some time back that company has approved engine change. It’ll be done at the dealers workshop with the help of experts.

Once the engine will be dispatched, dealer will update us about the same through mail. My brother will be physically present at the workshop when they’ll install the new engine.
Good to hear engine replacement is approved.

Please make sure you get the RC card endorsed with new engine number.
Shreeniwas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 16:32   #25
BHPian

Tell your brother that he is not alone. Me being the customer of Jeep Compass Diesel BS6 variant have been facing alot of issues with the engine of the car since the initial months of purchase. And like your brother even I get the same reply from the ASC that they don’t know what the problem of the vehicle is. And their customer support don’t really help in anyway. Now the car pays a visit to ASC once in 15 days and stays there for 2-3 days, planning to sell it off. The extended warranty is intact but with the incompetent service network, we can’t trust the vehicle in the longer run.
I really hope engine change that has been approved by Jeep solves the issues and your brother enjoys the ownership of the vehicle. Good Luck
vtecblast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 19:04   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I'm extremely sorry for your ordeal.Its really saddening that the joy of a brand new vehicle is being spoiled.Good that your nearing the solution.Im still skeptical at the engine swap at the service center.Fellow bhpians who had similar experiences with engine swap can throw some light on the long term durability after such major changes.
arunedwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 21:28   #27
BHPian

FCA plant in Pune is shared between Jeep and Tata so not sure who is learning from whom in terms of QC checks. The same engine is used in Hector too however we have not observed issues being reported in forum. Either MG has its own strong QC or no doubt that there customer service is among the best in current scenario.

Such issues in 30+ lac car are shame for manufacturer and very painful for buyer. Maruti’s QC for 5 lac rupee car is I guess much better then anyone in market.

Glad you got the feedback however as a fellow FCA customer ( I owned Punto), watch out for shabby work as FCA has almost non-existent customer care and no control over service centre’s quality of work.

Good luck
FiatDiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 22:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good to hear that you are getting a solution. This is the least that they could do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecblast View Post
Tell your brother that he is not alone. Me being the customer of Jeep Compass Diesel BS6 variant have been facing alot of issues with the engine of the car since the initial months of purchase. And like your brother even I get the same reply from the ASC that they don’t know what the problem of the vehicle is. And their customer support don’t really help in anyway. Now the car pays a visit to ASC once in 15 days and stays there for 2-3 days, planning to sell it off. The extended warranty is intact but with the incompetent service network, we can’t trust the vehicle in the longer run.
I really hope engine change that has been approved by Jeep solves the issues and your brother enjoys the ownership of the vehicle. Good Luck
What are the issues that you are facing ?
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 01:11   #29
RRM
BHPian

Quote:

Yo! What a relief to hear. Send some pics of new engine and installation if possible! Just ensure the workmanship is as good as factory fitted. The engine fitting guys must be competent one for sure to carry out the work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
FCA plant in Pune is shared between Jeep and Tata so not sure who is learning from whom in terms of QC checks.
Quite obvious. Influence is very strong

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2022 at 05:10. Reason: Back to back posts merged
RRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 07:20   #30
BANNED

Quote:

What an ordeal to have to go through, agm. We were discussing the plight at home and I can't add anything new to all the suggestions\advice that the forum members have offered. I am glad that at least the company has offered to replace the engine with a new one at the dealership - and your brother's presence at the time is an absolute must. Despite the litany of complaints about Jeep, the company continues merrily on its way.

Consumer protection machinery (in our country at least) is pathetic to say the least. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Last edited by shashanka : 29th October 2022 at 07:22.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks