Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Spadival, the sound is from your fuel pump. If you listen carefully it will be coming from the rear left of your car. That is the sound of the fuel pump getting activated. Nothing to worry about.
Ahhhh.. never thought of that!! The sound does come from the back. Thanks for the info which lets me know my car a lil bit better
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:53   #17
BHPian

Cool, I thought as much, but i was a lil worried though.

Sorry about the wrong info regarding you issue Spadival.

@Samurai: I doubt this is the same front lower arm issue. Sound seems to be directly coming from the steering column and it judders in my hand. confusin

Last edited by crazydiablo : 3rd September 2007 at 14:56.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:24   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Do you guys hear some whirring noise when the ignition is turned on? Its certainly not the A/C. I am trying to figure out where the sound is coming from.. it sounds like one of those motorised radio antenna running when the ignition is switched on.. But my Baleno doesnt have motorised radio antenna !!
@spadival - that is the sound from the fuel pump. Ideally you should crank after the sound dies which takes 2-3 seconds.

edit: saw the post from mclaren a little late.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 3rd September 2007 at 15:28.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:27   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Cool, I thought as much, but i was a lil worried though.

Sorry about the wrong info regarding you issue Spadival.

@Samurai: I doubt this is the same front lower arm issue. Sound seems to be directly coming from the steering column and it judders in my hand. confusin
@crazydiablo - the sound is no doubt very irritating, but are you sure it judders in your hand?
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:53   #20
BHPian

Yes it feels like that. I cannot replicate it always, which is an issue when i take it to the workshop. Now that you asked, I will check once again.
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:03   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Yes it feels like that. I cannot replicate it always, which is an issue when i take it to the workshop. Now that you asked, I will check once again.
@crazydiablo - if you want to replicate the sound then you have to hit a pothole while steering. it wont come if you hit the pothole keeping the wheels straight. At least it works in my case.
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Spadival, the sound is from your fuel pump. If you listen carefully it will be coming from the rear left of your car. That is the sound of the fuel pump getting activated. Nothing to worry about.

Thats common. Since excess load is put on your engine the revs rise.
500 rpm increase, with A/C on... now thats strange!
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok let me confess, I also face the exact same issue.But then its intermittent guys, happens only in one out of 5 pot holes I hit.
Old 3rd September 2007, 21:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Ok let me confess, I also face the exact same issue.But then its intermittent guys, happens only in one out of 5 pot holes I hit.
Likewise. I'm not sure about this and maybe it is just coincidence, but it happens when I've turned left completely and I go over something nasty.
Old 3rd September 2007, 21:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Hey guys,

• Continuous (not over 30-45 minutes from Andheri to Sion) driving in Mumbai’s start and stop traffic forces the engine RPM to fluctuate from the customary 800 -2000, while the needle furiously fluctuates between this range it is extremely difficult to control the vehicle at this time as the horses inside are going wild.
Occassionally, I face a problem with the response feeling a little sluggish. And this is NOT soon after a cold bangalore morning start, which is when it is usually very smooth. Then 25min later (after it feels sluggish), after a couple of engine cuts at signals, it begins to feel smooth again. And then there are other days when it just feels smooth as silk. I usually fill the higher octane option.
Old 3rd September 2007, 23:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly the same issue with my Baleno too & whenever I take it to the mechanic the sound simply vanishes.
Old 4th September 2007, 08:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Took my car for a drive today early in the morning and no signs of this so called cranking/clanking noise from the steering wheel. Hit a few pot-holes and no use .

I went thru my service records and I had the same noise issue during my 10k service.

I remember that I told the service advisor and he commended replacing some bracket (?) and it costed about 600/- bucks. The cranking noise had ceased after the service and has only cropped up a few days back.

The chaps handwriting was so bad, that I really couldn't figure out from the job card what was done. I lost the bill though.

If you guys can hold on till this weekend, will head down to my service center and find out what the replaced part was.

edit : If possible please merge threads with this one (Baleno Front suspension sound) .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 4th September 2007 at 08:04.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took my car for a drive today early in the morning and no signs of this so called cranking/clanking noise from the steering wheel. Hit a few pot-holes and no use
Guys.. don't self destruct ur car's shocks trying to replicate the "problem". As far as I am concerned, I don't feel its much of a problem at all.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

spadival there'z no way on sweet earth would I try to replicate the problem to an extent where it would damage the suspension or something on the same lines .

Like you said it ain't much of a problem, but then these small niggles bother me a lot.
Old 4th September 2007, 14:45   #30
BHPian

Riju, waiting for you inputs after you check with the service center. Dont like to live with problems unless they cannot be redeemed easily.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks