Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 14:35   #106
BHPian

hello friends...

my linea is just 20 days old & done 1500 kms..

i have minor things fix...like adjust head light & etc...
let me know is it good idea.. for me as my car is brand new..

also let me know the dates in jaipur.

thanks
Old 5th March 2010, 15:07   #107
BHPian

Update: Mumbai Dates & Locations.

Guys I got an update on Mumbai dates and Locations.

Dates: 13th and 14th March 2010

Locations

1. Car Repair shop - Worli

2. Wasan Motors - Kandivali and Deonar

3. Fortune Cars - Nerul, Powai and Thane

4. Balaji Cars - Thane

Operating hours are normal business hours. 9am or 10 am - depending on the dealership.

All Fiat cars are eligible for this.

I am sure I will go for this. It is a rarity that Fiat does something like this. And I dont want to miss it.
Old 6th March 2010, 23:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

I attended the Fiat Free check-up camp at Bangalore today (Sat'day 06-Mar).

I visited the new Tata-Fiat dealer - KHT Motors, Whitefield.

The event was well organised & kudos to Fiat-Tata & the dealer for this!

On reaching the main entrance, I was directed to drive inside the SC & park the car.
A Service Advisor came up & asked my Name, Contact no and handed over a slip to me.
A two-page checklist for Check-up was placed on the dashboard, I was then asked to wait at the makeshift reception where few chairs were placed.

The car was then taken inside the Workshop, I really didn't know what they did inside, but I guess: all the items in the check-list was checked & marked, issues if any was noted at the bottom of the sheet. I hope they did the fluid top-ups too.
The car was then bought out & taken out for the Wash (wash facility was outside the main compound).
It was bought back, wiped dry & vacuumed, was then ready to go...

After 5 mins, the service advisor came back with the Check-list & showed me what was done & also the issues that need to rectified (I had some 3 - 4 minor issues).
He said it can't be done today, I need to come back later to fix that.
The lady at the makeshift reception then gave me some goodies (Tissue box courtesy: Fiat, Desktop calendar courtesy: Tata, a showpeice courtesy: KHT Motors), and a coupon for 10% discount on labour, Spares & VAS (no idea what that is!) valid for 1 month. Had to fill-up a Feedback form too.
Took the goodies, bid goodbye to the PUG friends & drove out.

It was a nice feeling to see so many Fiats together, with Palio clearly outnumbering Linea & Puntos

I am impressed with this initiative from Fiat-Tata, it well certainly boost the confidence of Palio and other Fiat owners.
No doubt, Fiat-Tata is making all the efforts to raise the Service standards, they need to be consistent & keep up the momentum!

Last edited by finneyp : 6th March 2010 at 23:10.
Old 6th March 2010, 23:23   #109
BHPian

Service Camp at Chennai

I went to the Service camp at Concorde Motors, Chennai.

The service camp was well organised. Only FIAT cars were seen in Concorde. Quite lot of Palio owners were present.

I too echo the same feedback of Finneyp.

It was also an opportunity to meet many Linea and Punto owners (none from BHP was there) and get a feedback. Very very happy FIAT (esp Linea & Punto) customers in my short interaction.

2 technicians, 1 Quality guy and 1 Admin guy were present.

All customers were handed over a FIAT tissue box (hard paper box with FIAT logo and Linea pictures)

The great *Free Checkup / Service Camp* thread-dsc00645.jpg

My 4 year old kid was along with me. She managed to get a small doll from the pretty (??) receptionist.

The great *Free Checkup / Service Camp* thread-dsc00704.jpg

There were also lucky draws and gifts for the 1st, 25th, 50th and 100th customers. FIAT branded wallet and Keychain were the gifts.

IMO, good show by FIAT and good coordination by the Concorde Staff. I was told, Concorde alone had around 80 customers (till 4 pm) visiting the camp. Numbers were less in VST Motors and TAFE.

I will be visiting Concorde tommorrow afternoon (between 2 and 4 pm) to see the paint job of my car's bonnet which had dented in a small freak accident. Hoping to meet fellow BHPians.
Old 7th March 2010, 11:02   #110
BHPian

FIAT First Service Camp - update from Concorde Ernakulam

My Linea is @ Eranakulam Concorde for fiat first exclusive free check up camp. My dad is visiting this time as I'm at Bangalore. Yesterday got update from my friend that it was a huge rush @ concorde with around 60 fiat cars. However, today @ 10:30 AM, there is no much rush and there are only very few cars. Lots of guys were standing out to welcome FIAT cars and its owners, a nice gesture from FIAT. There are few FIAT engineers and they have driven the car and checked for any issues and has taken it inside. Dad has not bothered to go after the car as I do and he is enjoying their service and behavior towards its customers. I wish this will be maintained throughout the year. I had a list of issues that has to be checked and was handed over to my dad.
  1. Rattling from backside.
    There will be rattling from backside while travelling thru gutted roads (might be from the rear sunscreen).
  2. Front Left door winder issue
    This was informed by Service Advisor during previous visit and has promised to source the part and replace it.
  3. Check AC cooling at all the sides (front\rear)
    Mom was complaining about AC cooling not reaching some area at the rear.
  4. Check AC vents
    During previous visit, the service guys tried to fix some sound from the front, they told me that heat pipe was the cause which was fixed. Ever since, the circulation mode is not working as the smell from outside is getting into the cabin.
  5. Check Body roll while turning to left.
    While driving thru curves, there is some body roll felt while turning left, but car handles it great while turning right.
  6. Bonnet bulging issue.
    There are 2 small bulges in the front side of the bonnet just above the front grill. During previous visit, TASS were clueless as there is no chance of anything to reach that part of the bonnet to cause bulging.
  7. Rear quarter glass chrome strip
    Previous fix was not neat as there is still some dirt / coating over the silver strip (left quarter glass I guess).
Will update you about their service soon.
Old 7th March 2010, 11:16   #111
BHPian

Yesterday, it was my turn to take my car to the checkup camp. It was a bitter experience. My car was turned down by the advisor stating the reason that they already have hands full for the day. I told him I took the appointment for the day and I was there at the service station at 11am, but still I was asked to come on some other day.

Fiat, if you cannot handle my car, why did you make so many phone calls and why so much scene in advertising? Also, I'm waiting for spare parts for 3months and no one has turned up as yet. Is this the way you treat your customer?

I love your cars, but sorry to say; I hate your people!!

EDIT: Just tried to check their website to launch a complaint, but even it didn't work. If you cannot maintain a simple website of yours, how come you would maintain thousands of your cars, how come you can plan to bring in more products to India!
Better stay away than to cheat the people of India!

Last edited by CliffHanger : 7th March 2010 at 11:25.
Old 7th March 2010, 12:47   #112
BHPian

FIAT First Service Camp - Concorde Ernakulam (Update 2)

07.Mar.2010 12:40 PM.
There are lots of FIATs lined up for the service camp now. Our car was back after wash and it was not properly done. Dad has found lot of dirty areas in the car and the car is now taken back for cleaning again. Not sure what the service guys has done. Now I'm feeling that this is not the service camp which we can be excited about. Professionalism like Honda is still missing. Our car is getting dirty whenever we visit the service center. This is ridiculous.
Old 7th March 2010, 12:56   #113
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2010 at 20:28.
bnzjon is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th March 2010, 13:01   #114
BHPian

Camp at Concorde Bangalore

I went yesterday to the Fiat first camp at Concorde Bangalore. I reached at 10 a.m, by that time 50 odd cars had already been taken in. I waited almost 3.5 hrs to get back my car, ofcourse they had mentioned it would take about 3 hrs. I was very well greeted I explained issues that needed some attention, they did fix everything in it. BTW they did offer colddrinks/water to the visitors there.

Topped up fluid levels, cleaned the vehicle ofcourse it was not a very perfect job. I would say with the amount of load they had it was a decent effort by them to address and attend all the vehicles.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:18   #115
BHPian

No, not good as expected

After repeated requests, finally got the car after wash @ 2:00 PM. Second time too, washing was not proper. I guess they didn't like as we have shown them the issues. It still the attitude that matters. Anyways, dad was not interested in waiting more. So he took the car and went off. He was not that gung-ho with this kind of service. Just 2 guys from FIAT and all others where the same TASS guys. May be expectation was high for us as we were expecting FIAT engineers to take care of car this time. Rating could be just 2/5. 2 points for this initiative and that's it.
  1. Rattling from backside.
    • Fixed for the time being.
  2. Front Left door winder issue
    • Not Fixed
  3. Check AC cooling at all the sides (front\rear)
    • Fixed
  4. Check AC vents
    • Fixed
  5. Check Body roll while turning to left.
    • Fixed
  6. Bonnet bulging issue.
    • Not Fixed
  7. Rear quarter glass chrome strip
    • Not Fixed. They said it is fixed, still not done properly.
Dad met another Linea owner who was very much dissatisfied with the way they treated customers. Later he took the car from the service center and went off. Don't know what to say for this. All advertisements and publicity for the FIAT First exclusive service camps, and couldn't handle it. I'm sorry to tell that it's just because of very poor management.

Anyways, good initiative, but still hope that service gets improved.
Attached Thumbnails
The great *Free Checkup / Service Camp* thread-status.jpg  

Old 8th March 2010, 09:35   #116
BHPian

Pretty Ok to say, none the less

I was initially supposed to visit Concorde, Mysore road on saturday morning, but could not due to other assignments.
Visited them yesterday afternoon at about 12ish.
In comparison to the ones at Hosur road, the number of cars here was much less. I was attended to immediately.
First the car was taken in for the usual checkup such as lights, ac, etc etc. Then the car was taken into the workshop for air filter cleaning etc. I am not sure if the top ups was done. The car was then washsd and delivered. The whole thing did not take more than an hour or so.

I had a few minor BnM complaints that were resolved.
The service engineer also confirmed that they received a Premier Padmini which they did check as well.

Overall it's a good initiative from Fiat.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:19   #117
BHPian

I visited these guys on Saturday. No great shakes, IMO. Same guys, a little better in terms of professionalism. But no fixes (everybody is busy with the camp, saar, you need to come back Monday). I was there the whole time with the car, for all checks and stuff. Done very perfunctorily. That being said, the GM of Malik Cars was roaming around on the shop floor, to instill some fear of God in the guys I guess. Had some effect too. All in all, all show and no go. They wrote down exactly one (01) issue with the car, which I had already asked them to look at....LOL. Waste of time. No more TASC for me from now.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:38   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

My friend and me got a booking in Concorde @ 9AM yesterday, Hosur Rd for attending our Palio's. We reached Concorde by 9:30AM and being a sunday not many people were there (may be 3 or 4 cars). We helped the supervisor fill the details and got a waiting time of 2 hours.

My 2004 1.2 NV Sport had some issue with its clutch decompression and has reported the same in advance. My friends 2002 1.2 ELX had issue with the silencer pipe assembly (front end was hanging down).

We got our cars back @ 12 noon, they checked all the points thoroughly and did a complete water service. Both of us got a list of observations like wiper blade change etc, but nothing was urgent and requested to get the same attended in next service.

There was a Black Stile with TBHP stickers and a Red adventure too.

Please find the snaps of our beauties after the service, overall a good experience with Concorde and FIAT

The great *Free Checkup / Service Camp* thread-img058.jpg

Last edited by jacs : 8th March 2010 at 11:40.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:41   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I went to the Service camp at Concorde Motors, Chennai.
It was also an opportunity to meet many Linea and Punto owners (none from BHP was there) and get a feedback. Very very happy FIAT (esp Linea & Punto) customers in my short interaction.
bnzjon: I was at Concorde service, Ambattur. Although, I didn't expect to be recognized as there was nothing to identify me an a "newbie"BHPian

Some observations about the camp:
Positives:
1) That this happened in the first place
2) Courteous executives
3) Free oil checks and top-ups

Negatives:
1) No planning, whatsoever on how to handle about 100 cars!
2) Had to wait in the make-shift reception for 3.5 hrs before getting the car delivered. Time promised over call 1 or 2 hrs(max)
3) Not even willing to listen/ascertain my problem(I have opened another thread on that). Will have to travel again some other day!
4) Wash was not proper. For a few owners who were in attendence, the only reason they spent the day was to get a good wash. Most didn't get it!
Old 8th March 2010, 11:50   #120
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Been to this camp on Saturday@ECR Concorde, Chennai, I reached there by 11:00 AM and got my Shine back only by 4:00 PM.

The treatment by the guys was very good. I get to meet the Fiat Engineers Ram & Prakash (i dont remember), and we spoke for some time on Sachin Thakkar's issue.

They took feedback from me and left.

Overall it was good, though they didnt do any oil top-ups to me :(

They said there is a seepage with clutch and i need to get it fixed next week :( I am surprised that this was not found in 1st service.

Anyways overall its a good experience and surely Fiat wants to improve their service stand-point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks