Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 16:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

No service !

I finally get a chance to test the QoS of these guys. The car's battery - a 2 yr old Amaron, is down. Time's about 10:30 pm.

Call the exide chaps. They say they dont support non-exide brands.

So I call the Amaron contact numbers. The guy picks up and says I need to call the dealer in my region, as soon as they open in the morning.

With this kind of service, it just boils down to how long a given battery lasts. The service they all tom-tom'ed about is looking non-existent.
Old 15th September 2008, 16:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

On behalf of Exide let me clarify that Bat Mobile is a free service extended to individual car owners regardless of the brand of battery you are using. Even if you use an unbranded battery you will get service from Bat Mobile. However, this service will be limited only to jumpstarting your battery so that you can drive your vehicle to safety. Non-Exide customers are not be given any loan battery.
If you have been refused service due to your brand, please send me an official complain about your experience and I will take it up.
Incidentally Bat Mobile is availabe in 27 cities across the country. The universal number is 3271 1111. However, the service is available only within city limits.
Sudipto

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 15th September 2008 at 17:05. Reason: Added the national number
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2008, 18:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I told the person at the other end that I need a jump start cable, and I was ok with them helping me in the morning ( a 10:30 visit was not warranted since the car was at home).

The person says both - it is a free service, and they will help by getting the car started. But when I said it's an Amaron, he says I need to contact Amaron's help line.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

time: 11.00pm
car: dad's M800
Batt: Exide (with power indicators) under warranty period (got it in january 2008)
Problem: car not starting

after a few calls to shuvc to get the bat mobile number - the person (exide customer care) at the other end says that it is too late for them to send an engineer but promises to send someone at the earliest. the engineer shows up within 15 mins.

later the car was diagnosed with a faulty fuse. Battery was perfectly OK with full charge. they were not able to help.

no complains against exide.

i gotto source the exide express for my padmini (the car now runs on a smaller battery)

Last edited by planet_rocker : 15th September 2008 at 19:01.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:24   #20
Team-BHP Support

In case you guys go looking for the Batmobile number be informed the previous link does not work anymore.

They have created a separate site which probably marks their customer reachout initiative. You can check it here.
Old 16th September 2008, 05:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

3271 1111 is the new Bat Mobile number in your city. Add your city's code if dialing from a mobile. This is a new uniform number for all over the country to make it easy for everyone to remember. This new number is in addition to the existing numbers that individual cities used to have previously.
As of now we have 51 vans covering 27 cities in the country.
Old 18th September 2008, 20:50   #22
evo
BHPian

Batmobile is brilliant.Whenever I`ve used them, they`ve delivered on the promise. Perhaps the best service in the automotive industry across the spectrum
Old 1st November 2008, 09:28   #23

Need Exide battery helpline no. please
Old 28th January 2010, 14:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Had to to call BatMobile service yesterday morning - since my palio's battery conked off. They arrived at my garage within 30 mins (nahi toh free service - just joking). Diagnosed that cell no 1 was not working - jump started the car. Obvisously their service was free (not really because i had to buy another battery )

Kolkata Number - 033-3271-1111

thanks to Sudipto da (Sudipto S Team)
Old 16th February 2010, 10:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Is this service available in Bangalore ? Can some one share the contact number.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

All over India for Major cities its same number 3271-1111, so bagnalore is 080-3271-1111. Please visit their website Welcome to Exide Reachout: Emergency Service

For people who are out of city limits where bat-mobile service is not available and if their battery gets into problem, for some of the alternatives please read my article.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1613400
Old 16th February 2010, 12:15   #27
BHPian

I am sorry but I am still not clear whether bat mobile services batteries of brands other than Exide and if so, what are their charges. The website says they service all car batteries - which means they are not brand specific. That also means they will surely charge - otherwise why would they go about servicing Amaron and other competitors.
Does Amaron also have an equivalent of Bat Mobile?
Old 16th February 2010, 15:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
I am sorry but I am still not clear whether bat mobile services batteries of brands other than Exide and if so, what are their charges. The website says they service all car batteries - which means they are not brand specific. That also means they will surely charge - otherwise why would they go about servicing Amaron and other competitors.
Does Amaron also have an equivalent of Bat Mobile?
The main thing they will do is jump start your car, and they will give the report that your battery might have this and that problem. They will not charge you for this. And it will be your wish whether you want to change battery from them(if battery is gone) or drive down to other brand or showroom.

This is great marketing strategy, they will check any battery and jumpstart your vehicle and most likely that customers will buy exide. So its win-win situation for both customer and Exide. Some might not take Exide, but many do.
Old 16th February 2010, 21:03   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am sorry but I am still not clear whether bat mobile services batteries of brands other than Exide and if so, what are their charges.
Just to clarify : They will jumpstart your car, irrespective of what your battery brand is. I've used them for my Jeep which is running an Amaron unit, so have first-hand experience. An A+ grade service.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:12   #30
BHPian

Numbers updated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit333 View Post
Have never had a chance to use their service but many people have said that the service is prompt, helpful and free. Here's a link to their website which lists all the Bat Mobile helpline numbers in various cities:

Exide Industries Limited - The Company
The contact details and the link for the website have changed. Kindly check the updated link:

Batmobilepg2

Regards,

Mohit
Palio 1.2/ Mar'04/1,40,000km

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks