Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 05:37   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bat Mobile - Exide on road Service

The Sumo's battery lost charge for the second time in 3 months. Both times, the Sumo was not used for about 2-3 weeks. Was not cranking, though lights & remote were working. Battery is a Bosch silver.

Had called Exide Batmobile, and they did come as promised. Checked the battery, Sp Gravity was 1100. Voltage: 11.72v. The guys suggested to get it charged once & try. If it still does not work, then have to replace the battery.

Now, if only Exide batteries have improved compared to the reports we have seen recently.

OT:
Exide Matrix series looks expensive. :(
Old 29th July 2012, 03:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Not just Exide batteries but even Bat Mobile is hazardous for your car. Didn't see this dedicated thread for BatMobile... so I feel I should post a link here. Please read here before you consider calling BatMobile.
Old 21st December 2012, 15:35   #48
BHPian

What's the current Bat Mobile number for Chennai? The toll free's IVRS does not list Chennai as an option :-(

Last edited by donzerus : 21st December 2012 at 15:37.
Old 21st December 2012, 22:30   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus
What's the current Bat Mobile number for Chennai? The toll free's IVRS does not list Chennai as an option :-(
Hi,the exide helpline for chennai 04426350820. They work upto 12 midnight. My last call to them was only 3days ago at this number.
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 18:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hi,the exide helpline for chennai 04426350820. They work upto 12 midnight. My last call to them was only 3days ago at this number.
Thanks for the information.

The call went through to Bat Mobile when I called up from a BSNL land line.

I had been getting the symptoms of a weak battery like 'Airbag Failure' message displayed on my Punto's MID and decided to call these Bat Mobile guys. These guys landed at my doorstep in an hour and cerftified that the battery was fine.

But I was still getting these 'Airbag Failure' messages and so went online and ordered a new Amaron Flo 55Ah battery from www.batterybhai.com

Though I'd rate an A+ for their prompt service since they came to my home within an hour, I'd not rate them high for their diagnostic capabilities.
Old 31st December 2012, 13:33   #51

Batmobile Chennai Emergency Number is 044-32711111
pskrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:30   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Just had a bad experience with Batmobile. Here's my version of my experience.

Reached Blore on 25th for a week off. The battery died suddenly on saturday morning when we planned to go out for shopping. Luckily the car was in the apartment. Called up batmobile and directed them to our flat. Said they would need 2 hours to reach our place (dont know why they needed 2 hours when our house is in the city). After 2 hours, they reached our place and tried all sorts of things to start the car. They finally told they will replace the battery but would need 3 days. The reason - Sat afternoon they will close their shop, Monday morning they will give for checking and tuesday they will decide whether to replace it and rectify the problem.Because of this I had to extend my stay for another two days. They gave a temp battery for me to use.

They finally called up on monday and said they will replace the battery and asked me to collect it from their office which is in Kudlugate . I told them I will come by 10am Tuesday as I will be driving to Cochin and it's en-route.

Reached their office and they replaced the battery in half n hour. They replaced it and asked to start the car. Worked fine. But since I had this long drive ahead, I decided to check whether the lights were working. Luckily, I found out that the lights werent working. Told them that the lights are not working but they werent interested. I could make out from one guy mentioning to the mechanic "Just leave it and come. We connected the battery and our job is done. Let him look after the problem" kind of conversation. They knew am not familiar with kannada but I communicated in Tamil and Hindi and asked them check this. They promptly asked me to go to any service center to repair this. Stating this, they simply walked off.

Although their service is free, I had given this guy 100 bucks to speed up the things and this is how his attitude was. I decided to check the connections myself and show they didnt connect the headlight wires properly.

Showed them this is how you connect this and I drove off.

BTW, my car was running on the 2nd battery (SF Sonic) which died in 1.6 years!

Terrible experience with Batmobile.
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskrishnan View Post
Batmobile Chennai Emergency Number is 044-32711111
Thanks pskrishnan for the valuable info.
Today at 6.00pm when i was about to take my kids out the car would not crank ! It was fine till yesterday evening. Suddenly DEAD ! Realized that it was battery which was the culprit as car would not crank but power windows were rolling at snail's pace.

Searched for Batmobile on exide website and called their toll free no.
I was asked to select your city amongst : pondicherry, Coimbatore and Madurai !!! no chennai on their list !

Then searched Team-bhp came on this page and got the contact no.
I stay in Velachery and the guys came from Adambakkam. time took was 30 minutes. They inspected the battery and declared the 4th cell was dead.

The service of coming to my door step - inspecting the battery was totally free and courteous too. I am really surprised as its too rare to have a such kind of experience. (also the guys did not ask for any tips !!!)

It was an OE battery working since July 2009.
Planning to buy Amaron.
Old 24th June 2013, 13:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

Re: BatMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
I had the opportunity to try out the Batmobile service today. Our Alto's batteries went dead as we all had been out of town for a while. So, jumped at the chance of calling Batmobile. I gave them a call around 10:30 AM. The guy was very helpful in noting down the problems et al and explained to me that their van was at some place quite far from my place and they would take about an hour and a half to get to me. Since I was in no hurry myself, I too agreed. I waited till about 12PM and called them up to enquire. The guy(sounded like the boss/owner) said the van has already left for my place from where they were working already. He also provided me the direct number for the guy in the van which happened to be switched off. After waiting for 2 more hours, I again call him up and this time he too says that he is not able to get through to them and gave some excuses that the traffic must've slowed them down. Again I wait. At 3PM, I get a call from the same guy asking whether the van has arrived or not; On being replied in negative he too asks that whenever the guys come, make them talk to him as well. Finally the van turns up at arnd 3:30PM. The excuse given was Traffic. Anyways, once there the guys took over and inspected the battery and concluded that the battery was fine, was just discharged and I need to get it charged from the local dealers. On being asked if they cant do it and provide me with a service battery, they replied in negative. Don't know if this is Standard Procedure or because my battery was not Exide(although it was Standard Furukawa; which is made by Exide). Anyways, they promptly offered to jumpstart my car. The service was free of charge and was pretty good as well except for the time delay which I hopefully think can be dismissed as a One-Off Incident.
Could you list the Gurgaon Batmobile help line number here please ?
Old 29th June 2013, 15:36   #55
BHPian

Seems my Manza's battery is dead. Car doesnot start & cranking is feeble. Gave a call to Batmobile at 1pm & was informed that someone will be there in an hour's time. Now almost 2.5 hours and no one has turned up.

In the meanwhile thought of searching for a battery model. The current one is 60Ah Exide MF50Z. Net Search led me to Exide Matrix DIN60R. Now have to decide between the two. Would appreciate inputs on good Exide delaer on Nagar Road, Pune.

Till then having a cup of coffee & waiting for BatMobile to arrive.
Old 29th June 2013, 17:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

So in 6 years, the time I started this thread, the service has gone from Excellent to horrible? Time for other players to launch their on Bat-mobiles? Not too sure but does Amaron has something like this?
Old 29th June 2013, 20:22   #57
BHPian

The Amaron Pro on my Civic AT lost its charge and I couldn't start my car at my apartment parking. Called up Honda SA and he suggested to call up the Exide helpline (Bat mobile) and messaged me the number.
I called them and in under 2 hours they were next to my car. After checking the voltages they jump-started my car using one of their SF Sonic batteries (Exide owns SF). They asked me to let the engine run for 30 mins. If it cranks again the next morning then I can safely keep the battery for a little longer.
They didn't charge a single Rupee from me and I didn't feel like tipping them either (I am a very good tipper, but somehow didn't feel like it this time).
Once they left I immediately drove down to the nearest Exide dealer and bought an Exide Matrix. Cranks are now smooth I must say.
Old 30th June 2013, 03:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

^^^Thats exactly what they want you to fall for.

Btw, they do some data mining - brand and manufacturing date, sr no. of your existing battery, car number, etc. I'm guessing what they do with this data...
Old 30th June 2013, 08:18   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Thats exactly what they want you to fall for.
I guess it's working then because my Car with Amaron Battery was also rescued by Exide Batmobile few years back. And I also bought an Exide next day. And I will probably do it again given a chance.

Last edited by carboy : 30th June 2013 at 08:19.
Old 30th June 2013, 12:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

^^^Good for you. No Batmobile or whatever is going to induce me to buy an Exide. Not unless they improve on quality.

Also, like I'v mentioned earlier, if your car is stranded due to drained battery, jump starting is not the best thing for your car. You should bench charge the battery. But if you are stuck somewhere, you may not have options.

Generally, most battery dealers do provide on site service, but I guess not too far beyond their area. Amaron too has a helpline number... not sure how good it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks